View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 50 of 307 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I'm not sure that he's a very nice person though, but not many people are when they're so single minded.
    What an absurd thing to say..
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Regarding other things to read, I assume you have already finished Lord of the Rings, one of the best books ever (though this is probaby more a male thing). Something in English I have enjoyed lately is "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornby, goes well with the beach.
    The movies have also been good
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The movies have also been good
    Hey Clairegrrl, good morning! I am always amazed at what time you get up during vacation... Is that normal in Boulder, CO, or is it your specialty?
    American beer: it's all very well having micro-breweries, why don't you have major breweries who make decent stuff? Ignore MurrayFirth, he's scottish and probably eats deep fried battered pizza after a night drinking, so matters of taste shouldn't be run past him. Just compare American Budweiser with the original Czech Budweiser, once you do you realise that there's no reason for it to be almost flavourless.

Drinking age: this one really makes me laugh. 21? Aren't those numbers the wrong way round? Can't you vote, get married and drive a car well before that? My parents started letting me have a glass of wine with a meal when I was 11 and I was going out to the pub with mates when I was 16. I first got asked for id on my 18th birthday when I was legal! (And I didn't have any )

Cycling: I have read Lance's autobiography, wow he's determined. Have to admire him coming back from cancer like that. I'm not sure that he's a very nice person though, but not many people are when they're so single minded.

cheeky !!
    21...but
    ...oh, she meant the LEGAL drinking age!
    One of my fav microbrews comes from Colorado...Fat Tire. Don't forget to throw that in the mix.
    Drinking age: this one really makes me laugh. 21? Aren't those numbers the wrong way round? Can't you vote, get married and drive a car well before that?
    You have to admit it already got better. Not so long ago, they were not allowed drinking alcohol at all, regardless of the age.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Hey Clairegrrl, good morning! I am always amazed at what time you get up during vacation... Is that normal in Boulder, CO, or is it your specialty?

I get up early and usually take a nap in the afternoon
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    One of my fav microbrews comes from Colorado...Fat Tire. Don't forget to throw that in the mix.
    He did...its New Belgium in Fort Collins.
    Oh, OK. I didn't know the brewer. My brother lives in Ft. Collins, I'll have to see if he can ship some. I've had a lot of microbrews, but by far the best come from Colorado.
    He did...its New Belgium in Fort Collins.
    Yup, and Fat Tire is great, but I like their 1554 even better!
    I've never had 1554 before. That's what it's called? I'll be out there in Sept, I'll have to check it out. Any others to look out for?
    I've never had 1554 before. That's what it's called? I'll be out there in Sept, I'll have to check it out. Any others to look out for?
    Yup, that's what it's called. It's a "black" instead of an amber like Fat Tire. I tend to like the darker brews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    So work is when you get paid. I see...
    Okay, Enquiring Minds (really) Want to Know: what you get paid for that isn't work?
    London Pride is good too. I don't have a problem with British beers, most of them are very good and have a taste much different than you see over here. My problem with them is that they're served much warmer than I'm used to! There's a British pub near me that has an excellent selection (and the fish and chips on Fridays is excellent as well), but they just don't cool those kegs enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Still enjoying the fact that a land-locked european country won the America's Cup!
    Yeah, me too. Surprise, surprise.
    1554? What a blatant copy of Kronenbourg 1664! (Which is the starting date of the brewery btw) I didn't think you liked French things that much

Summer reading, you could do worse than "A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth (pronounced to rhyme with Gate). It'll take you all summer to read it, mind you!
    Animo et Fide
    ps if you do read A Suitable Boy you'll understand why I said that Clrrleglrrl's comments rolled off my back like a duck's water.
    Animo et Fide
    London Pride is good too. I don't have a problem with British beers, most of them are very good and have a taste much different than you see over here. My problem with them is that they're served much warmer than I'm used to! There's a British pub near me that has an excellent selection (and the fish and chips on Fridays is excellent as well), but they just don't cool those kegs enough!
    - good point, I like my beers cold too and some of the draught stuff you get served here is distinctly lukewarm
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    - good point, I like my beers cold too and some of the draught stuff you get served here is distinctly lukewarm
    There aren't many drinks that are best served lukewarm or room temperature, and beer definitely isn't one of them.