View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 5 of 307 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    Now that's just wrong. Most men I know, including myself, have endless supplies of patience, just limited supplies of attention. This is honed over hours of sitting patiently saying 'Yes dear, that one, definitely that one. Nothing's wrong with the other one. No it doesn't. I don't know. Yes dear. What do you mean nothing, you spent five hours in that shop! Very nice, yes. Those goggles look great. Ok then, ready? Oh.'
    Animo et Fide
    I'll argue with anyone who isn't able to physically punch me. :P

Here's another Wendy Cope poem, since you liked the other one. This one has an environmental theme, and was in fact commissioned by the WWF, although for some reason they didn't use it. :?

If I went vegetarian,
    And didn't eat lamb for dinner,
    I think I'd be a better person,
    And also thinner.

But lambs are not endangered,
    And at least I can truthfully say,
    I have never ever eaten a barn owl,
    So perhaps I am okay.

Back on topic, surely it's not all that easy to have fun in a limo with your seatbelt buckled? Although with the aid of some elastic ropes and a mirror I could... Ahem.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    My pedantry is like my chauvinism, occasional and solely for pleasure.
    My pedantry is nothing like my Chauvinism. One is for humor. The other is genetic, just like John Calvin.
    I think it was only Toby who took me seriously anyway.
    You'd be mistaken, but the opposite might be true.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    My pleasure Chicky...Please remember though this support is a one time event.
    Opposites do attract. I hope you have finally changed your mind and you see Chick now as a partner not a meal!
    The slightly more androgynous name of Coucou. Couldn't get it back though, for some reason. Ah well.
    I don't think you'd be able to hit me either, unless you're prepared to fly several hours for the pleasure, and track me down too. So I'm free to call you a feather brained good for nothing barnyard bimbo!
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    Opposites do attract. I hope you have finally changed your mind and you see Chick now as a partner not a meal!
    Nope, she still looks like Chicken McNuggets to me.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Hold on!....looking in the dictionary...androgynous...oh I see. OK then
    (A note to ACD: Can you fly me to wherever PB lives, I think he lives in the land called Big-Words-Land, and help me lay an egg on him? I realize this is the second favor I've asked you within 24 hours, but do read Muziek's wise words first...)
    Sure Chicky, climb on board and here we gooooooooo! Ain't this fun! We are already at 15,000 feet! That's about 3 miles high! See how small the houses look! Don't you wish you had learned to fly Chicken? It's so much fun! Wanna try! Come on Chicken hold on to my hand just like the Superman movie! Imagine you are Lois Lane....isn't this fun isn't this romantic? Wait, I have a call on my Treo...I need both hands for a sec.......okay, "Hello? Oh Hi Muziek, fine, thanks for asking, and you? Great. Oh, nothing much just up flying around with Chicky....she.....wait a sec...where did she go...she was...oh, this is bad, uh, Muziek, can I call you back in a bit...I have a bit of a mess to clean up....by the way, do you want to come over to my house for dinner? I am making, uh, Chicken, uh, Chicken Soup! yeah that's it, Chicken soup. No, you don't need to bring anything, I will pick up the Chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Nope, she still looks like Chicken McNuggets to me.
    Gosh. OK, that's funny but still: She's charming in the most peculiar way!
    Yes, I come from the country that brought the world antidisestablishmentarianism. Not the longest English word but the longest which was in common use. Anyway if you think androgynous is a long word you should learn German!
    What's this? Flying omlette? Ooh, nice and fresh! More please, a one egg omlette won't see me through the day.
    Animo et Fide
    (Note to PB: I like poetry too! More to come.)
    I think Chick is falling for PB with PB's Poetry stuff....is she falling for PB, too? Ha, this is getting interesting. The AFLAC duck vs the PB Hat!!
    No omlettes: My eggs are made of H2
    Yuck, you mean the yellow tainted H2 type, man, those smell the worst, really nasty.
    Which probably means that the egg floated upwards...
    ACD! One little flame from your green snout and Chick-Dance will explode. She's got a sac of Hydrogen in there! Mmm, scrape that chicken paste off the wall, it's fresh and ready cooked.
    Animo et Fide
    Not so fast -- not so fast Dr. PB-Einstein! Everyone knows that H2 can be stored in three different ways:
    1. Store the Hydrogen as a compressed gas.
    2. Store the Hydrogen as a liquid.
    3. Store the Hydrogen chemically bonded to a chemical.
    Obviously #1 is out of the question: Who wants a farting Chicken around?

I kind of thought that was the reason for the dance?
    Animo et Fide
    Not so fast -- not so fast Dr. PB-Einstein! Everyone knows that H2 can be stored in three different ways:
    1. Store the Hydrogen as a compressed gas.
    2. Store the Hydrogen as a liquid.
    3. Store the Hydrogen chemically bonded to a chemical.
    Obviously #1 is out of the question: Who wants a farting Chicken around? Number 2 is kinda dumb because the liquid Hydrogen in cryogenic (REALLY cold!).
    How does a farm chicken knows so much about Hydrogen?
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    ...And the beauty with #3, my friend Black-Hat, is that once the Hydride is "charged" with Hydrogen, the Hydrogen becomes chemically bonded to the chemical. Even opening the egg, or cutting it in half will not release the Hydrogen gas. In addition, you could even fire incendiary bullets through the egg and the Hydride would only smolder like a cigarette. It is in fact, a safer storage system than your gasoline tank is.
    So if it's dead safe, why are you bombarding me with it? What's it going to do? Fuel my hob? I said HOB!

And btw, just to explain things a little about the hat avatar. Stockport, where I live and come from, used to be a hat making town from where hats got exported to all over the British Empire and elsewhere. Stockport County, my local football team, are therefore known as the Hatters. The hat in the pic is a Mad Hatter's hat, so really I was trying to say 'I'm a Mad Hatter', but if you want to think of me as just being a hat that's fine too.
    Animo et Fide
    This is a wonderful thread. I read it like a mystery novel that never ends. I hope Steven Spielberg is reading this thread and thinking of making it a thriller movie. Chick: Can you see yourself starring in a movie?!
    A mystery novel eh? I think the real mystery is whether the AFLAC Duck is standing just behind Chick-Dance (and doing something unmentionable) or whether she's just farting hydrogen. There has to be a rational explanation for the dance.
    Animo et Fide
    Don't get all soft on me now Chick, you were bombarding me with Hydrogen filled eggs a few posts ago.
    Animo et Fide
    AFLACCCCC!!!! Chicky is flirting with a Brit. AFLACCCCCC!! Better show your face here or you start losing out to PB.
    Well, Green Lizard, you did warn you'd help me only once... But hey: We have a common enemy now, Alli and PB. They make fun of our English and your spelling. Life is different now. Some of the greatest enemies in history ended up cooperating during crisis! And I'll even forgive you for that unfortunate-accident in the sky in which I landed, thank goodness, on a Jumbo Jet's fuselage heading to Europe...
    I have no enemies except for that no good little So and So Jackie Paper! He made my cousin so sick the even the sight of sealing wax or string would send him off burning villages and eating virgins.