View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 31 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    This, as everyone knows, is what MacBeth says after Seton tells him the Queen is dead. It shows the total emptiness of life that he feels to be without the woman he loves....God that's beautiful.
    Smart.
    "Macbeth is on the castle walls, under siege by his enemies. A cry is heard from within the castle, and Macbeth learns that his wife has killed herself. There was a time when such a message would have chilled his heart, but at this point he is surprisingly stoic and accepting, resigned to the barren futility of life. He goes on to give one of the most famous Shakespearean speeches that begins with "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow," and continues "creeps in this petty pace from day to day to the last syllable of recorded time, and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more." Macbeth has found his own "way to dusty death" through greed and superstition, and will soon pay the ultimate price." (-allshakespeare.com)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Not that I understand what you mean by "The Chick struts and Muziek frets"...
    Frets have to do with ACD's obsession with them (guitar's frets, in his mentioning). Struting, well, that's not my specialty
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    And before you say that brass doesn't rust, try it in bubbling water mixed with Champaign and kosher salt
    Why would you put chapaign (?) and kosher salt in a hot tub unless your cooking something.......

You and Musiek killed the little water rat and ate him didn't you!!!!!!!!!

You, you, ate your own kind!! You fowlable you!!! This is like Donner pass all over...except they kind of had an excuse...you were probably just hungry for a little uh, duck!.

Thanks for the complements Clulup. And the support MurrayAlex. Sorry all peoples is not getting along and playing nice!

Everybody line up for lithium level testing please.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Why would you put chapaign (?) and kosher salt in a hot tub unless your cooking something.......

You, you, ate your own kind!! You fowlable you!!! This is like Donner pass all over...except they kind of had an excuse...you were probably just hungry for a little uh, duck!.
    Don't be to harsh with the Chick-Dance and Muziek, it was also AFLACs fault: he wanted to impress them by quoting Shakespeare, but unfortunately started with

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers!" (Henry VI).

I agree with you that eating him up after this was an overreaction, but I can also understand how Muziek felt about it...
    I think Chick-Dance's new avatar looks like one of the witches from Macbeth... The stormy sky in the background, the frosty glare, it's all there! Time for the truth Chick, have you sacrificed the Duck and used his blood in some hellish potion? Are you an ancient hag?
    Animo et Fide
    This, as everyone knows, is what MacBeth says after Seton tells him the Queen is dead. It shows the total emptiness of life that he feels to be without the woman he loves....God that's beautiful.
    Great writer, isn't he, at least for an English guy? He was also quite impressive on the less grizzly side of life:

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare
    To me, fair friend, you never can be old
    For as you were when first your eye I eyed,
    Such seems your beauty still.
    (ACDriver, m00se, you happily married men: learn the above by heart for the next opportunity!)

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare
    Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
    Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
    Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
    And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
    Rough winds... this DOES remind me of one of the girls here in this forum, but who?
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver

No, they've made him into a potion for warding off dragons. Chick and Muziek are part of a coven. Now who could be the third hag?
    Animo et Fide
    Rough winds... this DOES remind me of one of the girls here in this forum, but who?
    That was written to/for a man though.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    That was written to/for a man though.
    PeterBrown, you know you are walking on thin ice with such sexist remarks full of gender stereotypes... !
    PeterBrown, you know you are walking on thin ice with such sexist remarks full of gender stereotypes... !
    I can't remember which number sonnet it is that you were quoting, is it 17? Well if you read one a couple further on, let's say it's 19 - though I'd have to check, it talks about how cruel Nature is for making them incompatible because she has 'pricked thee out'. It's a bit more explicit than you'd imagine
    Animo et Fide
    I can't remember which number sonnet it is that you were quoting, is it 17? Well if you read one a couple further on, let's say it's 19 - though I'd have to check, it talks about how cruel Nature is for making them incompatible because she has 'pricked thee out'. It's a bit more explicit than you'd imagine
    It's 18. "The couplet reaffirms the poet's hope that as long as there is breath in mankind, his poetry too will live on, and ensure the immortality of his muse." So far, Shakespeare's plan has worked out, quite an achievement... http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnets/18detail.html.

"pricked thee out" is in 20, http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnets/20detail.html.
    I knew it was 2 after the famous one. Anyway, there was a painting discovered recently of the man Shakespeare was addressing these sonnets to - it had previously been thought to be of a woman! Hmm...
    Animo et Fide
    I knew it was 2 after the famous one. Anyway, there was a painting discovered recently of the man Shakespeare was addressing these sonnets to - it had previously been thought to be of a woman! Hmm...
    This man/woman thing , and which he preferred to what extent and how far he would go seems to be a major source of dispute when it comes to Shakespeare...
    This man/woman thing , and which he preferred to what extent and how far he would go seems to be a major source of dispute when it comes to Shakespeare...
    Kinky
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    So Clairegurgle, are you the third Hag in this bunch? (Read back a page)
    Animo et Fide
    Great writer, isn't he, at least for an English guy?
    You know you deserve a slap after that one. Still, I'll settle for calmly enquiring how many Swiss writers we've heard of?
    Animo et Fide
    So Clairegurgle, are you the third Hag in this bunch? (Read back a page)
    Probably not. I dont consider myself a witch or sorceress.

I just finished my 1st year of college. I have a Shakespeare class this fall, but we did cover Chaucer, Milton, Swift, Cervantes, Rabelais and Omar Khayyam in a class that was kinda pre-Bard.

I really liked the movie "Shakespeare in Love" with Gwyneth Paltrow that was out a few years ago
    You know you deserve a slap after that one. Still, I'll settle for calmly enquiring how many Swiss writers we've heard of?
    There were actually a bunch of Swiss writers, but they wrote in mostly German, French and Italian
    Speaking of the French...I think they make better waiters then writers
    There were actually a bunch of Swiss writers, but they wrote in mostly German, French and Italian
    See, PeterBrown? It's not Clairgrrl's fault if she knows more about foreign literature than you do...

Besides, I was referring to Clairegrrl's mixed feelings when it comes to Brits...