View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 291 of 307 FirstFirst ... 191241281286287288289290291292293294295296301 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 6123
    So now you're bashing White Anglo-Saxon Protestants? Stop the insanity!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I forgot about the nest for a while. A few days later I remembered and wandered down to the tree at the end of the field. The nest was gone. All that was there was the little stub where it attached to the tree.

I asked my Dad at dinner what had happened to it. He didn't even look up from his dinner. Just said, "Don't rightly know. Could be they got tired of living here and flew away with the nest." My brother and I thought that was cool....my sisters argued about whether wasps could carry their nest away.

Many years later I was watching Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail....the scene where they are arguing about whether a sparrow could carry a coconut....and I smiled remembering my sisters arguing about whether wasps could carry a wasps nest.
    Last edited by ACDriver; 07/06/2005 at 07:03 PM.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Do it for Bono.
    Is that what you call yours Bob? I call mine Mr. Woody.

As in, "Do you want to come on out and play Mr. Woody?"
    Just a reminder to all to play nice and watch the personal attacks. Opinions are great, but perhaps those that stray off the topic of this Off Topic thread should be placed in their own more appropriate ones.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Just a reminder to all to play nice and watch the personal attacks. Opinions are great, but perhaps those that stray off the topic of this Off Topic thread should be placed in their own more appropriate ones.
    It would seem this thread has been Off-Topic for the last 8800 posts.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So.....is this thread a "Whatever I am thinking at the moment" thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    So.....is this thread a "Whatever I am thinking at the moment" thread?
    It was really all about ib...errrr, I mean Chick.

That is until Claire and I broke up the party...

Wow, that cleared it right up.

After reading 6874 posts....I thought I would just ask.
    ACD...I guess you stirred up a hornets nest with your WASP story.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    ALL OF YOU!!!! No political crap in this thread. I haven't been in it in quite awhile because I wanted to get back to the political ones but I thought it pretty cool that there was ONE thread where there was none of that.

Now both you kids, just STOP IT!! I don't want to hear about who started it first. JUST STOP IT!!!

Chick - please come back we need you here! Peter Brown, good to see you and congrats on getting the 2012 Olympics in GB. Go Manchester U!!

AC, PLEASE post something funny and non-political!!!
    I am thinking you are actually serious: Luv ya Bob!
    I am a good witch. Really. Boo!...
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    When I was a little kid I found a Wasp's nest in a tree at the far end of the south field...
    Maya Angelou, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost, Ernest Hemingway, John Steinbeck, Henry David Thoreau, Tennessee Williams and ACDriver. These are some of my all-time favorite American writers
    I am a good witch. Really. Boo!...
    Some personal comments made in the "Newsweak joins C-BS, CNN & NY Times" thread:
    1. "Man your just whack ! Nursing home drop your meds?" (dlbrummels to Nudist)
    2. "The response of an *****." (Nudist back to dlbrummels)
    3. "Is this the face of the democrat party??" (clairegrrl with a photo of Ted Kennedy and a fat creature from Star Wars)
    4. "I recognize Ted, but who's the dude picking up the cone??"
    (Insertion, responding to the above two photos)
    5. "Well it's proven now, thanks for the liberal dummycrate hype.."
    (dlbrummels)
    6. "Think of pushing your gay agenda a little far?" (dlbrummels to deThomas)

And my reply in that same thread:
    "Nudist, dlbrummels and clairegrrl your personal attacks and tasteless comments about people are tiresome. No wonder people with good intentions and opinions choose to leave this forum. You guys are smart and humorous but you need to grow up already."
    (Note that I did ask Nudist to stop the name calling as well!)

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted my frustration in the non-political AFLAC thread but I guess I assumed (wrongly, obviously) that only the "regulars" read and post here. I was looking more for sympathy for my frustration than starting a political argument. Then again, I should also take credit for the spike in posts here too....lmao

Peace!
    You're trying to find something, if you're going to sit there and tell us any of the above comments are redneck gay bashing remarks.

dlbrummels remark was hardly bashing. So asking about a Gay agenda is now bashing??? What other censorship do you support?

What is funny to some is tasteless to others. If you find it tasteless, fine. Leave it as that. Hardly a Klan rally though. I find your stereotype of us equally, if not more tasteless.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You're trying to find something, if you're going to sit there and tell us any of the above comments are redneck gay bashing remarks.

dlbrummels remark was hardly bashing. So asking about a Gay agenda is now bashing??? What other censorship do you support?
    What frustrates me might be lull to you and that is something I am willing to accept and move on.
    Now specifically about gay bashing, there was a thread in which someone specifically said that gays and lesbians need to be killed (I am not making this up, Insertion). In that thread there were comments about how anti religion and uncivilized gays and lesbians are.
    One other thing. I never mention your name specifically have I Insertion? I did mention clairegrrl because I think her comments about the French went too far, but that's history too.
    I am NOT liberal either but calling (some) people red-necks in my opinion was appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Zaster
    What frustrates me might be lull to you and that is something I am willing to accept and move on.
    Now specifically about gay bashing, there was a thread in which someone specifically said that gays and lesbians need to be killed (I am not making this up, Insertion). In that thread there were comments about how anti religion and uncivilized gays and lesbians are.
    Yes, I remember that thread, or at least the comment being mentioned at the time. I don't think it was by a "regular." (But I don't remember...)
    You should've either said something then (if you didn't), or at least mentioned that particular poster in your tirade a few days ago, rather than make a sweeping comment about us.

I wouldn't mind if you called me an *** hole (because at times I am) but I do take offense to being labeled something that I am not.

One other thing. I never mention your name specifically have I Insertion?
    We posted at the same time. You never mentioned ANYONE originally, rather a group. THAT was the problem. Since I tend to fall on that side of the aisle, I took it you included me as well...

For instance
    Treo Central's off topics is truly a fungus of bull$#@& conservative crazies that scare the willies out of me, and I am not even a liberal but a "centrist" politically.
    See you on MTDN Chick and the rest.......

True, my comment was "global" and for that I apologize.
    ALL OF YOU!!!! No political crap in this thread. I haven't been in it in quite awhile because I wanted to get back to the political ones but I thought it pretty cool that there was ONE thread where there was none of that.

Now both you kids, just STOP IT!! I don't want to hear about who started it first. JUST STOP IT!!!

Chick - please come back we need you here! Peter Brown, good to see you and congrats on getting the 2012 Olympics in GB. Go Manchester U!!

AC, PLEASE post something funny and non-political!!!
    Thanks Bob-C! I'm well chuffed that we got the games, especially as Paris was the favourite with the bookies. I'm not quite sure what Man-U have to do with it though? Especially as I'm a Stockport County fan!

I totally agree about the politics too, there are more important things in life! Like finding out who Piffy was, and why were they sitting on a rock bun?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Thanks Bob-C! I'm well chuffed that we got the games, especially as Paris was the favourite with the bookies. I'm not quite sure what Man-U have to do with it though? Especially as I'm a Stockport County fan!

I totally agree about the politics too, there are more important things in life! Like finding out who Piffy was, and why were they sitting on a rock bun?
    Piffy? WTH is Piffy? What's she look like? Does she need saving? Does she have Buns of Rock? Talk to me PB!