View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 290 of 307 FirstFirst ... 190240280285286287288289290291292293294295300 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You're a day late, Ostrich Queen, but thank you anyways. Happy Fourth plus one to you.
    I gave up Ostrichity (that religion is too much work), so I am a witch now. Say, I can experiment with my nose-twitching and see if I can turn you into a human.....or a liberal...wanna try?
    I am a good witch. Really. Boo!...
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Happy Fourth Rob...but now it's the Fifth so...well whatever
    Happy Fifth then
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrg
    I gave up Ostrichity (that religion is too much work), so I am a witch now. Say, I can experiment with my nose-twitching and see if I can turn you into a human.....or a liberal...wanna try?
    You can try all you want, but I'll never be elitist enough to be Liberal. Plus today was payday, everytime I see my withholdings, it pushes me farther away and farther away, not that the Right isn't doing their 'fair share", but at least it's not as bad what it could be...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hey Claire,

Strawberry Banana Cream Pie from Marie Callender's!!

Get one! Get two, and I'll come over and help you eat it.

Mmmmmm....pie.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Did Hillary really do botox??

Well behaved women rarely make history
    Gahhh! Stress, Politics and Anger in the AFLAC thread!! NOoooooooooo! This thread has long been a bastion of frivolity and fluff! Double entendres, inuendo and suggestive plays on words. Please don't send it down the dark path of reality!!

To quote the midget lady in that scary movie, who's name escapes me this early in the morning, "All are welcome, come into the light, all are welcome...." But leave your anger at the door to this thread,....with your shirts and blouses....and welcome to a different reality. Where hot tubs rule, not cruel despots, and everyone has something to eat and drink...preferbly too MUCH to drink.... Where the only shots fired are 151 Rum.

"Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Gahhh! Stress, Politics and Anger in the AFLAC thread!! NOoooooooooo! This thread has long been a bastion of frivolity and fluff! Double entendres, inuendo and suggestive plays on words. Please don't send it down the dark path of reality!!

To quote the midget lady in that scary movie, who's name escapes me this early in the morning, "All are welcome, come into the light, all are welcome...." But leave your anger at the door to this thread,....with your shirts and blouses....and welcome to a different reality. Where hot tubs rule, not cruel despots, and everyone has something to eat and drink...preferbly too MUCH to drink.... Where the only shots fired are 151 Rum.

It used to be nice here until the likes of dee zaster started with his highly stupid and denigrating posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dee zaster
    ... And it has a lot to do with your dismay over the quality of (political) posts on TC. I agree that there are elements of militarism and “ultra” patriotic posts out there. Or even redneck, biased and anti-gay bashing. But instead of running away to a different forum, stay here and fight those un-American postings. Just my 2 cents. I did, however, check on MTDN and there are lots of great threads there, so I’ll sign up there as well.
    It used to be nice here until the likes of dee zaster started with his highly stupid and denigrating posts.
    Why do you feel attacked when Dee Zaster speaks against "redneck, biased and anti-gay bashing" posts? Did you write any of those?
    Last edited by clulup; 07/06/2005 at 09:57 AM.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Why do you feel attacked when Dee Zaster speaks against "redneck, biased and anti-gay bashing" posts? Did you write any of those?
    Certainly not. I just find it interesting that in his whole 106 post experience, all, I believe have been in aflac. He never helped anyone in any of the Treo threads. He never engaged anyone outside of aflac. He never really contributed an opinion until now. He also chose aflac as his forum, which I believe was ACD's concern that "Stress, Politics and Anger" had entered the aflac thread.
    He also chose aflac as his forum, which I believe was ACD's concern that "Stress, Politics and Anger" had entered the aflac thread.
    Dee Zaster's post in question certainly had all of that!

He also chose aflac as his forum, which I believe was ACD's concern that "Stress, Politics and Anger" had entered the aflac thread.
    Since you seem to disagree with Dee Zaster's choice of thread ("politics" in AFLAC), why did you continue on that path in full speed, far worse than Dee Zaster?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    It's my nap time...

Good Night, I will now stick a fork in this thread:

Good Night Claire!

Good night to you too, Clu

Since you seem to disagree with Dee Zaster's choice of thread ("politics" in AFLAC), why did you continue on that path in full speed, far worse than Dee Zaster?
    He opened the door...what can I say. He certainly gave no thought to bashing the gay bashers and red necks. He just let those words puke out. Maybe you should ask him. He's probably at that other site.
    He opened the door...what can I say. He certainly gave no thought to bashing the gay bashers and red necks. He just let those words puke out. Maybe you should ask him. He's probably at that other site.
    Claire, let me see if I understand you correctly, if I may: It's not OK to "bash" bashers? If someone bashes gays/lesbians/French or Kerry's wife, it isn't OK to point out the mean-spirit in which the post was written?
    True, by calling gay-bashers "bashers" DZ might have bashed them, but I do see a difference here. I mean, someone suggested that it is OK to kill gays/lesbians in one of the threads, wouldn't you say that's too far? I believe this is what DZ was alluding to (at least that's my understanding from an email I received from him lately).

ACD: I agree. This thread was born and raised apolitical. JPee started a new "Aflac" thread on MTDN (FYI)
    I guess that with all of the opportunities to discuss your opinion on just about any subject, dz chose aflac, kinda in violation of its neutrality, to spew his political message. Rather then confront any individual in an open forum and ask them to "defend" their position, he used a very broad brush, and painted everyone that has ideas and opinions that differ from his as some sort of undesirable. In the mean time, it looks like he trashed your thread. Under the cover of darkness, he came, went and with his 106 posts, didnt offer much.

Instead of trying to read too much between the lines about bashing the bashers, or reddening necks, by not confronting people individually, dz hid behind your hospitally, and the respect that others had for you to allow aflac to remain a thread without politics, and the emotion that sometimes goes along with those discussions, and through his comments, opened the floodgates. He may still lurk here, but he isnt a name that most peeps in off topic would know, because of his silence. His one claim to fame was standing up in aflac, shouting his political fluff, trashing your thread and hiding in some other site. Just my opinion.

Peace Out
    Claire pretty much said what I originally posted. If he has a problem with someone, maybe he should grow some nads and speak up, instead of hiding behind your skirt. What is that all about?

Not only does he not speak up, but he hides his opinion in the safety of this thread, without giving specifics. He painted a pretty crappy picture of Claire, myself, ATM, etc., by lumping us all as Gay Bashing Rednecks. You yourself have said in a few threads "not all Liberals are like this..." when someone makes a blanket statement of the Left. The fact that given this is\was your thread, I would've expected you to at least offer a challenge to him, for clarity sake, rather than have him throw his BS out like that. But you, nor any other of this gang did.
    Contrast that to when someone made a very negative remark about Clu, and the Swiss, in another thread, I took offense:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=65
    And if you follow the thread, went out of my way to show courtesy to Clulup. Pointing out to treobk214 his post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=99.

I know there was another example somewhere in which I thought the Swiss bashing went too personal.

I would think someone, ANYONE of the "regulars" of this thread to say something? I guess in here, it's okay to bash?

ALL OF YOU!!!! No political crap in this thread. I haven't been in it in quite awhile because I wanted to get back to the political ones but I thought it pretty cool that there was ONE thread where there was none of that.

Now both you kids, just STOP IT!! I don't want to hear about who started it first. JUST STOP IT!!!

Chick - please come back we need you here! Peter Brown, good to see you and congrats on getting the 2012 Olympics in GB. Go Manchester U!!

AC, PLEASE post something funny and non-political!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I'll even fall on the dagger, and sign the peace accord on this thread in my own blood by stating that I *gulp* agree with clulup fully in that the politics theme should not have been escalated.

NOW WHERE ARE U AC - TELLS US OF YOUR CRAZY ADVENTURES AND HILARIOUS ANECDOTES!!!!

PLEASE!!
    Remember Live-8 everybody!! Do it for Bono.
    When I was a little kid I found a Wasp's nest in a tree at the far end of the south field. I went and got my Dad to show it to him. My Dad and I walked down to the end of the field and stood and looked up in the tree at the wasp's nest with it's cloud of wasps flying angrily around the nest and the branch.

I asked my Dad what the wasp's were so mad at. He said that wasps are just born pissed off. A lot of animals only get pissed off when you trouble them, he said. Wasps go looking for trouble and are only satisifed when they find it. Snakes will avoid trouble, he said, as will wolves and bears and most every other animal or insect. Bee's will leave you alone if you treat them with respect. Wasps, he said, are the only ones that are dying for a fight.

I learned at an early age to just leave the unhappy wasps alone and find something else to do. I stay happier that way....and I don't get angry, sad or hurt as much.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite