View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 277 of 307 FirstFirst ... 177227267272273274275276277278279280281282287 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 6123
    Who's with me about more posts?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quality matters, though, I have to add.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    JP what’s next? Robots romance on prime time TV? Robots sex? Robots in political debates? (Oh wait, we had THAT during our last elections in the U.S.)
    I think you meant to say... during the Clinton administration
    Is Christine around, or did she go hunting Volvos again? Today I read that in Norway there are 4.72 million (if I remember correctly) mobile phone contracts active, which would be 102% of the number of inhabitants - since that includes children below 4 and elderly above 90, quite a few people must use two or more phones/numbers simultaneously.

The percentage of households with landlines seems to be 17 % (down from 19 % 30 years ago? )
    Great article, JP, worth it’s own thread title on TC. Global Warming is a topic I was toying with as a thread but backed off.
    Regarding the article. Quote: “So last week I telephoned the World Glacier Monitoring Service and read out Bellamy's letter. I don't think the response would have been published in Nature, but it had the scientific virtue of clarity: "This is complete bull****."
    The World Glacier Monitoring Service is part of the University of Zurich, Switzerland. They would never use a term like bull**** or ********* or even *********, ******* ***********.

They would, probably, say something like this: "Was für ein Trottel, wer hat Ihnen denn diesen totalen Schwachsinn erzählt??" and then continue "We politely disagree with the the statements presented. In our view, they contradict the data we have gathered."

P.S.: There is a thread about global warming already, here. The most interesting parts are probably on pages 5 to 21 out of 23 pages.
  6.    #5526  
    So what? That's just a single touchdown. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Funny how a blowout across the pond is a defensive struggle over here.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Touchdown, isn't that from football, where people with helmets and armor get ready to restart playing in the course of about 5 minutes, then play for about 5 to 10 seconds, before half of the players end up on a pile and the whole thing starts again?
  9.    #5529  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Touchdown, isn't that from football, where people with helmets and armor get ready to restart playing in the course of about 5 minutes, then play for about 5 to 10 seconds, before half of the players end up on a pile and the whole thing starts again?
    That's it. Ain't it grand! :-)
    I got a PM today from someone who’d asked me if my avatar is my real picture. I wish. Although that’s how I feel today, in real life I am much uglier
    There's always something you can do to change it: go to a shop and ask for red lipstick. When the guy at the checkout asks "cash or charge?", you say "no, just put it on my bill".
    For those of you who had gone through a big move you can relate to me being a wreck. Packing, labeling, finishing up with assessments, assignments and l-o-n-g goodbyez at work, administrative paperwork, last-minute phone calls/ emails...
    For such cases, I highly recommend Norah Jones, specifically the "Come Away With Me" album (That album in particular because it is the only one I have from her). Her music has a highly unwinding effect, that's for sure. For instance "Cold, Cold Heart" is on that album, great (not to be taken really personally, but then again, nice lyrics... ).
    I would agree with clulup on his musical recommendation and would add one of my own. I would suggest Sarah McLachlan's Mirrorball. A fun, technically beautiful performance.

Also I would strongly recommend Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit" as another calming and peaceful recording. Be sure to turn the AMP to 10 before starting the playback. It's cool because you can see the windows flex.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    If the move stress is really getting to you..........

I was chatting with a bunch of folks the other day and one of the guys brought up the drink called a "Mind-eraser". Ever had one???

It's made like this...

First pour two oz. of Kahlua into a 12 oz. glass with ice in it. Then pour 2 oz. of ice-cold Vodka into the glass. Pour the vodka using a spoon to layer the vodka...don't let them mix. Then put 2oz of tonic water...again, try not to let them mix.

Take a fat straw and stick it all the way to to bottom of the glass and suck the glass empty in a series of pulls on the straw...don't stop to taste. Here's what you brain thinks while drinking this drink....

"Hmm, I don't know if this is a good idea but that girl with the big ...uh, eyes, is watching me and I want to be cool, okay here we go...sucking sucking, hmm cold Kahlua, not bad, but sweet sweet ugh, too!....huh?....end of kahula and now it must be Vodka but I can't taste it because of the sweet Kahlua...Wait!! ARGH I taste it!!! Warning!!! Massive amount of!!??...huh? what's this???...oh it's just tonic water!...mmmm that tastes good...so refreshing after that other stuff...and now I am done and everyone is cheering!!...man I am like so cool....."Give me another!!"...Man this girl is looking at me like I am really impressing her....okay here we go....Kahlua.....Ugh sweeet....okay, nothing, nothing, WARNING MASSIVE ALCOhol...ahhhh tonic water...those things are fribbin' notgithin..I cab drinb fibe of teb up thobse without.........wow.....how did I get here? Where the hell am I? ARGGGHHHH!!! Who is this in my bed!!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    WARNING MASSIVE ALCOhol.....I cab drinb fibe of teb up thobse without.........wow.....how did I get here? Where the hell am I? ARGGGHHHH!!! Who is this in my bed!!!!!!"
    Was it Paul, the good-looking barman with the pink shirt? No, no, kidding, don't worry, I'm sure it wasn't!
    Was it Paul, the good-looking barman with the pink shirt? No, no, kidding, don't worry, I'm sure it wasn't!

Nope, it wasn't Paul. As near as I can figure her name was Fluffy and the farmer was happy to have her back as he had counted on her wool for a new sweater.
    I think you have to see it to appreciate its sheer size and scope. This morning I heard a very nice segment on this issue on public radio. Germans who had visited the memorial were interviewed and the one-interviewee that caught my attention most was a 67-year old German who said that this memorial is for Germans (he then started weeping). He said that it is a reminder to never allow such atrocities again.
    Thanks for the link JP.
    It is a huge memorial in Berlin, and built late, but better late than never. I wonder if there will ever be a memorial for the other groups targeted, too, the Pole, Slav, Sinti, Roma, disabled, homosexual, politically incorrect, etc., five million out of the 11 million victims of the holocaust.
    In the interview I have mentioned, some Germans looked at it as such: A memorial for EVERYONE who had perished.
    Some did look at it as such but it isn't: "Germany unveils a memorial in central Berlin to the 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust. Politicians, Jewish leaders and Holocaust survivors were on hand for the solemn ceremony to inaugurate the monument designed by American architect Peter Eisenman." I think it is good to have this memorial for the Jewish victims, but I don't understand why they left out the others, or where their memorial will be.
    I would love to make up some of those stories, too...

Something like: "Pilot lands airplane on a narrow beach in Virginia during a "Miss Virginia" photo shooting, claiming to be on a quest to save virgins"
    Is it me or an illusion that this thread is becoming too serious and SLOW? What’s going on here? Why the long faces?
    Chick, good luck on your move. If I am not mistaken, your moving mood affects the mood of this thread.
    I am done with finals yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!
    I would love to make up some of those stories, too...

Something like: "Pilot lands airplane on a narrow beach in Virginia during a "Miss Virginia" photo shooting, claiming to be on a quest to save virgins"
    Claim?!!! Claim?!! I was on a frickin' mission from God!!!!! You think it's easy doing this job!!!! There I was at 35,000 feet, on the way to Atlanta when the F/O says, "Hey were right over Virginia Beach where they are having the photo shoot for Miss Virginia."

There is this flash of heavenly light, a deep deep voice in my head says, "Save them in their hour of need". And the next thing I know we are on the beach, the main landing gear are buried in the sand and the F/O is trying to hit me with the fire-ax.........