View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 265 of 307 FirstFirst ... 165215255260261262263264265266267268269270275 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    1700 is above average so it is quite fine.
    If my memory serves, the IBM ‘puter (“Deep Blue”) that beat Kasparov, played at (give or take) 4000 level which is above international grand masters’ (IGM) level. Anyone above 2000 is a serious chess player.
    Don’t ask for my level please
    OK, I've looked up some Palm/Chess/ELO playing strength stuff. Apparently, HIARCS is the stongest Palm Chess program - have you tried it? What I find frightening is that it plays at strong Grandmaster level, something only a few 100 players achieve - how can it do that on a tiny Palm device with an application size of only about a few hundred kb??

http://www.hiarcs.com/palm_hiarcs.htm
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Одна персона на tc делает меня тошно...
    Poor you, who is it?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    One more point regarding chess, Tulip. You don’t really need the strongest chess app out there, but rather an app that is playing at “your” level. You wouldn’t play Kasparov regularly would you?
    Hey, I keep my standards high! Besides, Hiarc plays very humanlike, as they say, and it plays as low as ELO 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Not yet. There is stuff for the Palm around, haven't installed it properly yet.
    Chick-Dance, what do you do when you don't like your new haircut?

Hopefully not what this woman did :
    "She got a bad hair cut, so she stole her money back from the salon and shot out the windows of a car.
    That’s what happened in Washington State where police say a grandmother was upset about the hair cut she got last week.
    "

The poor woman must have had her bad hair day...
    Hmm... I pout....
    Better pout than shoot?

Anyway, here's my weekend riddle: which chick will have her first TC birthday on sunday?
    OMG, you have noticed.... My first TC anniversary, I am getting old
    Well, it seems to be a good time for anniversaries...
    ... and the like: post 8000 - who would have thought it. It's not even the first birthday of this thread.

Ok, ok, yes, also this millenium post is dedicated to the lady of the thread. After all, you started it.
    Congratulations clu! How do you do it? How do you always grab the big posts?
    Thanks for the BBC link on your site ChickenNoodles (and the movie reviews, I enjoy reading them every week, and also waiting for the Wall Street Journal to sue your wings off...lol)! From the BBC site I learned about the Tour De Georgia I mean, what the h**l?....... I didn't know they speak French in Georgia....
    (click until you get to the 9th picture)
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Congratulations clu! How do you do it? How do you always grab the big posts?
    Sorry Oops, I can't really explain it, it must be psychic (psy-chick?)!

Chick-Dance: Happy first TC Birthday! What an eventful year it was!

jpahl: Planning to see "The Interpreter" on Monday, I can tell you afterwards how I liked it, in case you haven't seen it till then.

Happy Sunday to everybody from my Treo!
    What do you think, how would an ultra-orthodox boy band look like? Here's the answer: meet Kinderlach. The 19th century dress code looks cool on them.

Here's a video clip, not to be missed:
    http://www.kinderlach.co.il/vidGo.asp?sp=lo (Windows Media...)

My favorite is the fist song, "Everybody wants moshiach (messias), everybody wants!", with the intro "Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! ..."
    Now,Chick, that is the CUTEST avatar (the bear with the OTHER NY hat on} I have seen on this forum!

Even if my avatar is a polar opposite... an oxymoron... 180 degree dangerous hairpin turn from yours.

But... it is still cute.
    But I still love the Yankees... even if they let the Orioles sweep em in a series! I was at all three games crying by the way.
    "That is the claim of psychologists who have found that tapping away on a mobile phone or computer keypad or checking them for electronic messages temporarily knocks up to 10 points off the user’s IQ.

This rate of decline in intelligence compares unfavourably with the four-point drop in IQ associated with smoking marijuana, according to British researchers, who have labelled the fleeting phenomenon of enhanced stupidity as “infomania”. "

Your IQ may be in a more grave danger than you expect, read more here:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...580254,00.html

("texting" is how the Brits call writing an SMS)
    However! Since posting on TC INCREASES IQ: We all break even!
    How about playing chess? I hear one has to learn the foreplay by heart, or what's it called, opening? Any ebooks you can recommend?
    Chess opening: Here’s a good list. I especially like the books by Yasser Seirawan, he knows how to ‘explain’ things better and he’s straightforward.
    Thanks a lot for the recommendation. But... how can I transfer the format "Paperback" onto my Treo, any hints? Isn't there a decent chess Ebook around?!?
    Obviously I am clueless on foreplay so maybe the expert (Tulip) has a good list?…
    Sure, no problem. Let me know if I shall PM it to you - I'd post it here, but you know, US website, minors, etc. ...
    Wow, have you checked www.mytreo.net lately - I am making cover story news, see this article!
    But hey Mets or Yankees: We are all NY-Fans right?
    "Uh huh", he says and nods with that arrogant NY smirk on his face.

And since we are behind closed doors and I feel like letting my vulnerable side out... I WILL say this...

I secretly root for the Mets too...
    But I would never admit that out loud!
    I went to see "The Interpreter" with Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn yesterday. I found it excellent. Don't expect the usual action thriller (in that case you may be disappointed), but it is highly thrilling nontheless. The story is also a lot more complex than the trailer may make you think.

Is in only me or does Nicole Kidman look a lot like Ms. Chicken?

So you know this site: www.googlefight.com

What's your favourite fight?

I can already tell you: Optimism wins against pessimism, good against bad, god against the devil - kind of boring...
    Gonna see it tonight!!! Check the review on my website.....
    You have a website, where?

Ok, jokes aside, thanks for the copy of the review. I don't really agree with the writer though: I am highly allergic to flaws in the logic of a story, and I did not note anything of that sort, quite to the contrary. I will not go into details in order to avoid spoilers, but why shouldn't the target of the assassination in fact be an extraterrestrial? - Or wait... was that from Star Wars Episode III?

Seriously though, I am not aware of logical flaws in The Interpreter. Even when Secret Service man Penn does not really believe the translator in the beginning, he still acts as if it COULD be possible ("I'd rather commit the error of believing her than the even graver error of not believing her, in case she says the truth"). Perfectly logical.
    LOL…. She got my accent too
    You have the accent of an Aussie woman pretending to have a South African accent?