View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 264 of 307 FirstFirst ... 164214254259260261262263264265266267268269274 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 6123
    I don't know what they really said, but I am quite sure Bush is bragging...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    multi-talented woman - can also do accents too :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4273155.stm
    I hear she's right up there with **** van Dyke
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Yeah, although Sharon looks relaxed and comfy…..
    I guess Sharon thinks h'is still bigger, no matter what Bush claims about his (or is it "him"? Not native enlish speaker, ya know...). I mean, he is big, Sharon, isn't he?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)

I doubt there will ever be a pope aligned with my beliefs. Or any man for that matter
    You can't always be right, in that case...
    You read it on your Treo?...
    Sure, why not? It is very comfortable, highly recommended. BrightCam is very useful to have brightness adjusted optimally while reading, but you need BrightCam anyway.
    I think the tiny font would drive me bananas.
    Problems to read the font? How old did you say you are? I have heard too much can ruin eyesight...

Besides, you can always adjust font size, make it bold, whatever. Maybe you like it bold?
    I know, too much exercise can be bad for your eyes……
    I have heard that some women prefer to look beautiful than appear intelligent, apparently because some men are better at looking than at thinking. That has nothing to do with me of course.
    I dunno, Tulip. Somehow reading a whole book on the Treo doesn’t sound too delicious.
    Why not give it a try? Sometimes new experiences are surprisingly delicious!
    Oh, I like tart better than bold….
    ?? Tart like in plump tart?
    hmmmm 2)
    ....... so which of the two in the pic above do I dislike the most? tricky one
    I'd vote for a rickshaw ron, if you know what I mean. He knows what he is doing.
    How are my favorite people on TC doing?
    Say, Jalapeno (JP) and Tuilpos (clue), how's Europe after a new sheriff (pope) arrived in town?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Interesting story with a Swiss flavor....
    Cool story, thanks. Robots against slave work for children, who would have thought it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    How are my favorite people on TC doing?
    Say, Jalapeno (JP) and Tuilpos (clue), how's Europe after a new sheriff (pope) arrived in town?
    The feelilngs are not well. Lucky I left that club long ago.

Of course the Vatican also forgot to get the internet sites for the most likely new pope names. www.benedictXVI.com, www.benediktXVI.de etc. are already taken by outsiders.

So for next time, they will have to deal with the owners of the sites for Clement XV, Innocent XIV, Leo XIV, Paul VII, Pius XIII etc. earlier.
    As in "reality TV"?
    I'm sure you got Arik (as his friends call him) Sharon from "a rickshaw ron", but what about "reality TV"?
    how about this as post modern equivalent:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...nt/4464735.stm

I can just see chickie as a high priestess - it even mentions the mets
    Time to download the lasted Godcast onto the iPod...

Didn't somebody once mention something about iPod earphone quality? I have to buy new earphones, and I was told the extra ones for the iPod are not really good (only expensive). I could buy another brand, but they don't have white earphones, and I fear I might look a bit less cool without white ones... - What to do?
    Surely you've got you're next moves all planned out.
    OK you chess players, I have installed OpenChess on my Treo now, an Open Source (free) chess program. I feel ready to take up the challenge now, you against me and my Treo!
    I've heard of many things being art, but this?:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1365245.html

Public birth as art? Yuk. I guess everything is art as long as you
    (a) can make somebody else believe it is art
    (b) make him/her pay for it based on that belief.

I’ll kick both your and your Treo’s azz. Wait! Does the Treo have an azz?
    Mine doesn't have one, certaily not one worth noting...

But OpenChess seems to play at around 1700 ELO points. Is that good or bad?
    The height of an object that has been fired upward from the ground is found by using the formula below, where 'h' is the height in feet, 't' is the time in seconds since the object was fired, and 'v0' is the initial velocity with which it was fired, in feet per second:
    h = v0t - 16t2
    A model rocket is fired upward at an initial velocity of 192 feet per second. After how many seconds is the rocket at a height of 432 feet above the ground?
    Extra: What is the maximum height that the rocket reaches on its flight?
    OK, lets see...

h = v0t - 16t2 is a quadratic equation, there is a formula for that and a quadratic equation solver here.

With h = 432 feet and v0 = 192 feet per second we get h = 432 = 192t - 16t2, or
    -16 t2 + 192t - 432 = 0

For the quadratic equation (and the solver) we take a = -16, b = 192, and c = -432.

Solving the equation (using the solver) gives two possible t's, t1 = 3 seconds and t2 = 9 seconds (the rocket flies up at t=3 seconds and is on the way down at t=9 seconds).

The maximum hight must be reached in between the two times (3 and 9 seconds) at t=6 seconds. The first equation then gives
    h = 192*6 - 16*6^2 = 576 feet.
    (you can actually just copy/paste the formula 192*6 - 16*6^2 into google and you get the answer - Google is cool! )

HOWEVER: There is NO way a model rocket can fly according to the formula h = v0t - 16t2. Model rockets are propelled on their way up (against gravity) until the "fuel" goes out, then they are slowed down by gravity until they reach maximum height, and fall back down following gravity alone. So the way up is totally different from the way down... it must be a trick question!
    If it is indeed the C21 then why are people bother with popes and queens and kings?
    I doubt I know anybody personally who really does bother about such people! We got rid of kings and queens 700 years ago, and the pope has seen better time, too.

Right now there is quite a funny story going on. A priest in a small village in Switzerland is so openly anti-bishop and anti-pope that the bishop revoked his "license" to preach (called Missio Canonica) and wanted to have him sacked by the parish. But the people in his parish voted unanimously to keep the priest because he is very popular (in Switzerland even the Catholic church is at least semi-democratic). So the bishop has a real problem now...
    Currently flowering in the Royal Botanic Garden in Kew, GB:

The flower is called Amorphophallus titanium - strange name, isn't it? It is the largest inflorescence in the world, more than six feet/two meters tall, smelling like rotting meat.
    for some reason not tempted enough to go and have a look

first toast now underpasses, what ever next:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4468275.stm
    Cool, thanks for the post. The story of Our Lady of the Underpass (aka "water stain") even has a cell phone link :

"Here," said a woman in a black White Sox jacket. "Look."
    She grabbed me by the arm as I joined the crowd in the dusky noontime light of the concrete underpass, cars and trucks vrooming alongside and right above our heads. She held a cell phone high.
    What was with the cell phones? Dozens were being held aloft like candles in a vigil, the eyes of the enraptured tilted toward a constellation of midget screens.
    "You can see it clearer on the cellular," said the woman, Carmen Lopez, 38, who was on her third visit to the miracle."
    (Source)

I'm not sure why, but it looks a lot just like another stain on the wall to me... interesting pictures, specially No. 2 which shows the stain.
    JP & Tulip: I lost your email with the answer to the question, JP, but if it resembled Tulip’s then you are both correct. No prizes today just the joy of knowing that I like you both very much!
    You mean no prizes TODAY, in contrast to all the other days when we actually got prizes? I have to admit though, the one bikini I got was REALLY nice!

(Plus, todays prize was priceless... )