View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 258 of 307 FirstFirst ... 158208248253254255256257258259260261262263268 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Of course I discount WW1 and WW2 from "present day". WWII was a time when one European country would attack and try to control other countries. This is unthinkable nowadays.
    Luckly you said "European" country. Otherwise I would say your mistaken as there is one country that's been doing that lately.

And SwissCheese land is next on our list because we heard you got oil......of olay.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    premeditatedly?
    Is that a word? I don't think so chicky baby.

tsk tsk from a teacher no less.
    The genocide in Bosnia is present, just as the genocide in Ruanda or the Sudan, but neither Bosnia nor the other countries are "Western" societies in my view. As such I would only count Western Europe (maybe including the new EU countries), USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, maybe Japan... which did I forget?

If I don't know what you mean by civilised, we cannot really discuss whether a civilisation is civilised or not, and to what extent, can we? I know humans can do lots of very bad things, but I don't think humans are bad by nature. We are social and cooperative animals by nature, the key is that we learn to treat all humans as part of our social group, instead of only those of our tribe, religion, race, social class or nation. I think the world is developing in that direction.

I agree that most animals don't premeditate murder. This is because they cannot premeditate anything anyway, they behave according to their genetic program. Maybe one should not call this a deficiency, but it certainly is not a virtue either. Chimpanzees can premeditate actions to some degree (few if any other animal species can), and their behaviour looks surprisingly similar to war or even murder sometimes.

Many animals behave in a way which you would call cruel in humans. When a male lion takes over the leading position in a pride of lions, the first thing he does is kill all the baby lions of his former rival... seems cruel to us, but it makes sense for the long-term survival of lion populations.

To this I would like to add..... blah blah blah blah blah....oh, and ....blah.

Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    So this is where you hang out, AC Driver...

The best part of a wedding is sitting in the kitchen eating leftovers.
    Hi Christine! I only come in to visit and stir things up a bit...and then, sadly, for me, I must go off again and fight the God-less and ugly.

BTW I think the best part of weddings is kissing the Bride. Something I try and do throughly and with careful attention. Because it may be my last chance for a couple of years.
    So chickens DO fly! Why else would engineers test whether aircraft windshields can withstand a crash with a chicken?
    There is a urban legend in aviation that they were testing a windshield years ago and it failed the first chicken test horribly!! The engineers scrambled about setting the second test window up...quite concerned that they had gacked up the calculations...with much finger pointing. When the intern came in with the second chicken to load in the air cannon he was stopped by one of the engineers who noticed that the chicken looked different then the "recently dead" chickens they used for the test. Turns out the intern had stuck the chickens in the freezer overnight so "it wouldn't spoil". They were firing this 4 pound rock at the window...

Don't know if it's true but I have heard that story for years and years.
    ACD, my godnesssake, you are back, and I am sure most of the world's virgins are now smiling.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    I do not know what's playing on my iPod.
    Did you forget to turn it on or what?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Is it me or do you think that ChickenNoodles is getting sexier as this thread matures? (Hello, mods, it isn't what you think, really. The Noodles and I are close friends...)
    -Michael Pritchard
    Psssttttt, clulup, be CIVILIZED and drop this subject, he?
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    There is a urban legend in aviation that they were testing a windshield years ago and it failed the first chicken test horribly!! ...

Don't know if it's true but I have heard that story for years and years.
    LOL! I guess every profession has its legends. For instance there is this story of an oral undergraduate zoology exam at the university of Zurich. The professor thought he'd start with something easy to brake the ice, and presented to the student...

...a jar full of tadpoles and asked him what that was.

Unfortunately, the student seemed to have grown up in a big town, he had no clue. The professor said "come on, you must have SOME idea...", so the student answered "Hmmm - Whale sperm?"
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Is that a word?
    Reminds me of this politician who read on his manuscript "... are unable to practice their lore..." and thought "lore? is that an English word? Surely it must be "love"?

Video (Windows Media)

Video (Real)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Remember the good old days of the 1530ies, when the pope refused to let King Henry VIII divorce his wife and marry his mistress, and Henry VIII then created his own spin-off of the Roman Catholic Church, the Anglican Church, so that he could handle things more freely?

Well, the Roman Catholic chuch got some degree of sweet revenge: The funeral of John Paul II will take place next Friday, the day Prince Charles wanted to marry Camilla, so he will have to postpone the marriage once again... poor chap.
    Hey, they copied my story!
    Well, you read it here first!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...eut/index.html
    If Bacall says so then it's true (Although Nicole Kidman is awfully talented!)
    Ms Bacal does seem rather mean spirited of late. I think much of this came from interviews a couple of months ago or so. (I seem to remember it on NPR back then.)
    The intern was a man, right?
    I thought all interns and coeds were women.

Well, they are in a lot of those movies anyway!
    I doubt, BTW, that animals premeditate murders.
    I think I agree. They can get mad at another for an extended period in some cases, but it's nothing like what people are capable of. Of course, animals don't have iPods either, so it all balances out.

Hey, wait a minute! I don't have an iPod. Does that mean I'm a/n (non-human) animal?

(I know, I know, "affirming the consequent" and all that jazz! )
    You ain't got no iPod, Mike?
    Nope. I have a Treo (with a big SD card), and don't want to carry multiple gadgets on my hip (hence the Treo in the first place).

Do you live in the Dark Ages? Or Colorado? Gosh, wake up and smell the music, man
    I tried that once. It hurt. Now I just try to hear the music!
    That was a good guess, no?
    Well, the professor got a tad pale because of the tad pole...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    I do not know what's playing on my iPod.
    Did you forget to turn it on or what?
    No, I forgot to buy one...
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    I agree. Let's buy her an iPod, shell we?
    Hey! How's come nobody is volunteering to buy *me* an iPod?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    mike, can't get so many tracks on treo SD card as ipod, can't get such a good battery life, doesn't look so cool
    (no, no, no more distractions)
    Yeah the number if songs is a big difference, but I can load the SD card often enough that it works okay for me. The battery life has really been fine for me playing music off of the card; it's the streaming audio that *kills* my battery life!