View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 256 of 307 FirstFirst ... 156206246251252253254255256257258259260261266306 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    It's about me, of course
    Actually, it is about "things." Life is full of "things" it turns out, so AFLAC is a macropinacoid of life. Gosh, that's scary.....
    I'm no authority on forums, but I say, any discourse that includes a reference to One of the two planes of an orthorhombic crystal which are parallel to the vertical and longer lateral (macrodiagonal) axes is worthy of more posts.
    http://dict.die.net/macropinacoid/
    LOL
    Here's a picture of "Clyde," the AFLAC spokesperson duck... As you can see he’s quite handsome. But what you can’t see is that he’s VERY rich
    Cannot blame a chick for riding with that elegant duck!
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    clulup, Israel has 10 points (drew with Ireland and France); tied for first with France currently! World Cup 2006
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    clulup, Israel has 10 points (drew with Ireland and France); tied for first with France currently! World Cup 2006
    Yeah, that's great for Israel, congrats. Still looking forward to Switzerland:Israel... I don't want to spoil anything, but did you note the "MP" column in the table you quote? My guess is that it isn't "Member of Parliament" , but "Matches Played": in that case Switzerland and Ireland with 9 points would have played one match less than Israel and France with 10, and hence they could get as much as 12 points once they have the same number of matches as the other two?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    LOL
    Here's a picture of "Clyde," the AFLAC spokesperson duck... As you can see he’s quite handsome. But what you can’t see is that he’s VERY rich
    So he's a goose, not a duck? I have to say he looks very computer-animated in the
    commercials, (are you sure he is real? ), but still much more like a goose than a duck.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Tulip, I thought you might like reading this....
    I donated a few bucks to www.wikipedia.com lately because they were running out of money (and hence out of bandwidth). I am still surprised by the quality of the articles, and that vandalism does not seem to be a major problem, even for controversial topics.

If the founder can make money from adds in the new Wikicities, that's great. I'd start one if I had the time and a topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Yeah, that's great for Israel, congrats. Still looking forward to Switzerland:Israel... I don't want to spoil anything, but did you note the "MP" column in the table you quote? My guess is that it isn't "Member of Parliament" , but "Matches Played": in that case Switzerland and Ireland with 9 points would have played one match less than Israel and France with 10, and hence they could get as much as 12 points once they have the same number of matches as the other two?
    I’m trying to do the math here.
    Israel has these games left to play:
    1. FRO x2
    2. SUI x1
    3. IRL x1

Switzerland has these matches left to be played:
    1. IRL x1
    2. FRA
    3. CYP
    4. ISR
    5. FRO

It’s hard to tell who has a more difficult schedule… But the two teams (ISR and SUI) meet, so….
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Thanks for the link m00se. It appears that the U.S. is in a very easy bracket compared with Israel or Switzerland.
    I'd give Israel a slight edge here. Israel can win two matches against Faroe Islands....
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    I’m trying to do the math here.
    Israel has these games left to play:
    1. FRO x2
    2. SUI x1
    3. IRL x1

Switzerland has these matches left to be played:
    1. IRL x1
    2. FRA
    3. CYP
    4. ISR
    5. FRO

It’s hard to tell who has a more difficult schedule… But the two teams (ISR and SUI) meet, so….
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Zaster
    I'd give Israel a slight edge here. Israel can win two matches against Faroe Islands....
    Apart from surprises in the matches mentioned, I agree with m00se that much will depend on the result of Switzerland:Israel. OTOH, it way well be that France and Ireland make it in this group...
    good to see this thread still going strong....nearly 8000 posts of which probably only about 16 make any sense...regards to everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    good to see this thread still going strong....nearly 8000 posts of which probably only about 16 make any sense...regards to everyone
    So you had 16 posts in this thread so far?

Good to see you murrayalex. The thread is not going strong though, it is comatose. It has lost major parts of the brain, you know, vital parts such as ACDriver, for instance.
    Now that we (at least temporarily) have two Brits in this thread: will Prince Charles be sacked, now that we know how much he dislikes his job?

Mar 31, 2005 — On the ski slopes of Switzerland, Prince Charles revealed a degree of awkwardness with the media that seemed, in one uncomfortable moment Thursday, to capture the essence of his failure to win British hearts.

"Bloody people," he muttered in comments captured by microphones. "I hate doing this."

Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Feel free to complain if you like

Personanally I think its wrong because:
    a) power shouldn't be given to people on grounds of inheritance
    b) from their viewpoint they didn't get a chance not to do it
    c) charles is a bit of a prat (queenie is ok)

The trouble is they are totally out of touch - one of charles's flunkies even squeezes the toothpaste for him. But there are a lot of royalists in the uk, and as they have so little power it isn't a big issue.
    I find this royal and tradition stuff really strange, for instance the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace: at some point a few hundred years ago, those guards were state of the art soldiers. Then, for reasons I don't get, time was frozen for them and the equipment remained the same, although life and technology around them evolved. Today, they are totally outdated, their rites anachronistic and almost totally useless for guarding purposes. What's the point of having such guards?

I guess I am just not conservative enough...
    What's the point of having such guards?
    Tradition? Tradition! Tradition? Tradition If I was a rich man...dadadadadad
    OK, here's a little puzzle for the weekend (SERIOUS stuff... ):
    Inevitably, this universe will come to an end. Still many billions of years to go, but ultimately, it will freeze. So the question is: how will an advanced civilisation escape into another, parallel universe?

Ok, I admit it, I don't really know either, but here's quite a fascinating article about possible solutions for this tricky problem

The universe is out of control, in a runaway acceleration. Eventually all intelligent life will face the final doom—the big freeze. An advanced civilisation must embark on the ultimate journey: fleeing to a parallel universe... read more here...
    Isn't "advanced civilization" an oxymoron?
    I know oxy-gen, and moron, but what's an oxy-moron?

That aside, I do think there are more or less advanced civilisations. The more advanced have less homicide, assault and the like, lower infant mortality rates, higher life expectancy, less pollution. Like, for instance - Denmark... but you are working on that, I know!
    Are "advanced civilizations" consist of humans? And do you mean "well behaved" when you say "advanced"? (It so appears from your last post, clulup)
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Hey cool glasses, PunkAce
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    OK, here's a little puzzle for the weekend (SERIOUS stuff... ):
    Inevitably, this universe will come to an end. Still many billions of years to go, but ultimately, it will freeze. So the question is: how will an advanced civilisation escape into another, parallel universe?
    I'd say a good old life after death could be labeled as a parallel universe?
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS