View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 255 of 307 FirstFirst ... 155205245250251252253254255256257258259260265305 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Ah, sounds so dreaming . Much nicer than the meeting & telecons here at work..... but Iles de Horn is my guess.

BTW - did you hear this?

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment...m_1328757.html
    Jpahl, I think you are a true English gentleman, judging from how you let Chick-Dance give the right answer. Iles de Horn (part of the French islands of Wallis and Futuna) is where the boat started from, SAMOA is the island close to the international date line, where they ARRIVED at! Sorry, but this invitation to a fancy restaurant in Zurich goes to Chick-Dance!

The boat trip with Keira Knightley sounds very promising. Where can one book? I guess I would have to watch Pirates of the Caribbean first. Is it any good?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Although much smaller than Savai'i, Upolu is Samoa's chief island with its stirring capital, international airport, industry, business, attractions, visitor facilities, and 71% of the total population. Physically, it's rather like Tahiti on a smaller scale with high verdant mountains in the background of Apia and a seaside boulevard encircling the harbor. The villages along the north coast also remind one of Tahitian villages, as do the valleys and black beaches. But Upolu is much wilder and more traditional, and less impacted by international tourism...
    100% correct - see above!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Who am I sitting next to?!!!
    Kirby Puckett?....
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Nah, trying hard to beat chickie at chess - just the atlas I looked at didn't have the date line on it so I guessed using long=180
    In contrast to what most people think, the international date line is not an internet site to meet chicks. But it also doesn't follow the rules of geometry (180°), but the political ones. It goes as far east as 150° W to make sure that all of the nation of Kiribati has the same day.

The whole thing has been confusing from the start, e.g. for Magellan during the first circumnavigation, when they could not understand why the people they met on the journey suddenly had a different day than they themselves, according to their logs. Or, of course, for Phileas Fogg on his trip around the world in 80 days.
    Saw a wonderful movie last night: The Upside of Anger (click and scroll down), with Joan Allen and Kevin Costner.
    Thanks for the post about the movie ChickenNoodles. I liked Costner a lot in Bull Durham (his best, in my opinion), but Joan Allen is kind of new to me. I am going to see that movie and let you know what I think. Also, I am thinking about joining MTDN, whatdoyathink?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Kirby Puckett?....
    Is he still with the organization? Cool
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Strangely enough, something in this comic strip looked vaguely familiar to me, I don't know where to put it...
    Put it in your pipe and smoke it....lol I have told you already that it is an imposter!
    -Michael Pritchard
    I am sad to inform you that my best friend and a TC member "Muziek" has decided to buy one of them "Razors" (see photo attached), while selling her T600. I just hope she'd pay a visit here and say hello (or at least goodbye).
    Sorry to hear Ms Muziek will have even less reason to visit than usual.

Razor is a cool phone, but it doesn't have PalmOS or a Kybd, so It isn't a great option for me. I can, however see it working for more style-conscious lawyers!

The thing is though, I have grown to really like MTDN and I now post there more often then here, so if/when this thread dies I’ll be moving to MTDN permanently.
    I have been quite discouraged with some posts on TC on the political arena.
    Yeah, well, I just don't read them. I don't need the aggravation.

Regardless, I don't have much time to visit in any case.
    Surprisingly, the thread still had almost 200 views per day this week, but with basically only three adding to the thread, it is not going to last. Oh well, worse things happen in life.

However, I don't think the political part of Off Topic TC is that bad. The "Terri Schiavo Thread" shows that a meaningful discussion is possible here, and that people are open to arguments, even if the exchange is rough at times. The main difference between TC and MTDN in this respect is that MTDN does not have any political or otherwise controversial (hence inspiring ) threads in the Off Topic section, so it is not surprising that things stay calm there at all times.
    Hey ChickenNoodles, I have been with this thread for quite a while now and I enjoyed the ride very much. I am not about to bail out. Maybe the thread is going through some maturing or aging pains but that's normal. Cheers!
    -Michael Pritchard
    ....and speaking of the above lyrics, here's a question:
    To whom the song was written?
    It was written for Alfred Hitchcock's 1956 re-make of his 1934 film "The Man Who Knew Too Much" with Doris Day & Jimmy Stewart.
    +++++
    Chickie you are missing the NCAA swimming/diving finals in Minneapolis today (knowing how much you like swimming).
    -Mark Twain
    Apple's next iPods?...
    You should work for Apple's iPod devision, seriously!
    -Mark Twain
    So you folks migrated to MTDN? Oh well, I guess it is time for me to register there and move on too.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Oops, I just checked on MTDN and Chick has been posting there. I’m afraid the gang has moved there. I think I’ll be joining them too, plus there are several ladies and Europeans posting on that thread, a nice variety. The thread is goodmorning/ god-day club
    With 3082 posts so far the goodmorning/ god-day club have room for more. Even a limo.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Zaster
    Oops, I just checked on MTDN and Chick has been posting there. I’m afraid the gang has moved there. I think I’ll be joining them too, plus there are several ladies and Europeans posting on that thread, a nice variety. The thread is goodmorning/ god-day club
    I have been reading bits and pieces of the Good morning/Good day thread a few days ago, and I have to say it is a great thread if you want to know about the weather in different places in the world, or which member of MTDN does his gardening or laundry when, who gets up at what times (good morning) and who goes to bed when (good night).

Of course one can argue that a thread is better than no thread, but I am not into gardening, I keep my laundry days private, I don't feel like posting "good morning" in an internet forum each day, and I know everybody interested can find the current weather in Zurich here.

So I don't feel like moving, even if this thread will fall into an even deeper state of coma, and will eventually disappear from the list of posts in the Off Topic section of TC. It has been a nice time which has come to an end.
    I'd hate to see this thread biting the dust and I am not about to abandon it. Having said that, the GMGD thread on MTDN is full of buzz while AFLAC is sputtering. I have the hunch, as it were with AFLAC, that GMGD will evolve and "develop" in time into more than gardening, weather or (OMG) hot tubs with chocolate and edible bikkies. Time will tell.
    One day, though, I will publish a fiction novel on the characters and posts of the AFLAC thread and give it free to tabloids worldwide.

so after 7,555 posts what is this thread about?? I like the commercials
    It's about me, of course
    Actually, it is about "things." Life is full of "things" it turns out, so AFLAC is a macropinacoid of life. Gosh, that's scary.....
    Of course, I should have known....and hey, watch your language
    Guess who......
    The AFLAC Duck?

I know it's a long shot, but living on the east shore of the atlantic I hav not had the pleasure of seeing the A-Duck yet...
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS