View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 254 of 307 FirstFirst ... 154204244249250251252253254255256257258259264304 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    A delightful story (attached, plus a picture to go with it)
    A clear case of Mark 2:22: Old wine in new bottles...
    Nice story... I actually tried to listen to some of the stuff, but I couldn't tell when the Hebrew or Aramaic stopped and the English started. I didn't get any of it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    BTW, last Sunday we had heavy snowfall, this weekend it was almost summer: 21°C/70°F. Lunch on the terrace, cool...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Wonder if cellphone radiation was responsible :-)
    Vince
    Hey Christine: I am giving Opera a chance as we speak. I tried it last night with my Mac but I like Safari (Apple's own browser) much better. So far I like Opera better than FireFox (for Windows) because it renders the pages on my own site much smoother and cleaner. Thanks!
    Does the Mac have a F12 key? That is the most used one in Opera for me - to change all those quick preferences found in the Tools submenu. I really have to visit the local Mac store to touch a Mac.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    A delightful story (attached, plus a picture to go with it)
    Just catching up on this thread. Could they have called all those people reading the "Daf Yomi-di Jam"?

Sorry, had to try it...
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Lawmaker Seeks to End Sexy Cheerleading: Texas Lawmaker Says Cheerleaders Shouldn't Be Shaking Their Behinds

The Friday night lights in Texas could soon be without bumpin' and grindin' cheerleaders. Legislation filed by Rep. Al Edwards would put an end to "sexually suggestive" performances at athletic events and other extracurricular competitions.

"It's just too sexually oriented, you know, the way they're shaking their behinds and going on, breaking it down," said Edwards, a 26-year veteran of the Texas House.

A ban of wearing bikinis and miniskirts in public places is just around the corner...
    In Texas a ban on THINKING is just a round the corner…
    I don't think they worry about their THINKING, unless they think with their never mind.

It also has some good sides, you know, the cross-cultural things. I am sure this Texan Rep. will acknowledge now that not everything is bad in Saudi Arabia.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    So lets get this right - waggling one's bum is bad, putting kids on death row is good?
    Daryl Atkins is probably the first who will be killed because his IQ has risen: He was found guilty of murder, but the State of Virginia did not kill him because he was mentally challenged (IQ 59). Now, he faces death penalty again, because apparently, the relatively stimulating environment of the legal issues and the life in prison made him smarter. He now has an IQ of 74 or even 76... Since the threshold for death penalty is IQ 70, he is now fit for death row.

(Did we just exceed the politics quota of the thread? )
    You’d fall in love on first sight!
    And I know how that can turn out!
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    My favorite student
    Yeah, Calvin is great. My favorite quotable/postable comic strip. Too bad Bill Watterson stopped writing it.

I like Stephan Pastis' "Pearls Before Swine" work now, but it's totally different.
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    And I know how that can turn out!

Who was the lucky guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    Yeah, Calvin is great. My favorite quotable/postable comic strip. Too bad Bill Watterson stopped writing it.
    One of my all-time favorites:
    "Wait, wait, I've got to savor this moment..." (the snowball in June incident).

It goes well with Calvin's snowball prayer:

"Oh lovely snowball, packed with care,
    Smack a head that's unaware!

Then, with freezing ice to spare,
    Melt and soak through underwear!

Fly straight and true! Hit hard and square!
    This, oh snowball, is my prayer."

Priceless
    Not really, I bought many of the books, so I guess I am allowed to quote some more?
    One of my all-time favs is Opus, the neurotic penguin from Bloom County. One of the characters is of that sceptic cat (which our-own “Oops” uses as his avatar…lol).
    Ah, you mean Bill the Cat! <ack!>

I like Berkeley Breathed's work, but prefered his earlier Bloom County stuff. Some of it was great!
    Bill the cat
    Bill the cat 2
    Bill the cat 3
    LOL......who cares?......but he's a goofy funny cat
    That looks like Oops avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    That looks like Oops avatar!
    One of the characters is of that sceptic cat (which our-own “Oops” uses as his avatar…lol).
    That's an impostor. I really hate it when other cats pretend to be me. I am the king of goofiness, make no bone about it!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Strangely enough, something in this comic strip looked vaguely familiar to me, I don't know where to put it...
    I finally understand what Oops was looking for… But at least he’s in good company (men….).
    Prejudice, prejudice... I see a penguin, a cat and a funny looking insect - what does this have to do with MEN?
    A crew on an elegant sailing boat has left an island located just a bit south of 13°S latitude a few days ago, always sailing almost exactly east. It is now Tuesday, March 22, 2005. One hour later, it is Monday, March 21, 2005. They continue their eastbound course and again a few dozen miles/kilometers/nautical miles later, they arrive at another island. The total trip at sea is about 772 miles/1242 km/671 nautical miles. What is the name of the island they arrive at?
    All set for Home Opener Chickie
    clickonsmiley
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain