View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 253 of 307 FirstFirst ... 153203243248249250251252253254255256257258263303 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 6123
    Finally a decent combination of sailing and mobile phones: Bruno Peyron, together with his crew of 13 (not alone like Ellen MacArthur), set a new world record for round the world sailing: 50 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes and 4 seconds. So Steve Fossett got rid of one of his records (he has still got plenty more).

The "Orange II" was sponsored by French Carrier Orange. At least they got that right, after selling me a new Treo (for my wife) that was dead on arrival two days ago...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    You'd have thorght Orange uk would have been promoting this voyage, but they haven't which is a shame.
    It was probably too French a thing for the British market. All the sailors were French and Swedish - plus one Swiss!
    Btw, when I met Ellen she was evaluating PDAs for use on her boat, so she might be a palm user.
    And, didn't you enthusiastically recommend the Treo in a waterproof OtterBox?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    (No math, no joke, but a question at the end )

Truly extraordinary things happened exactly 100 years ago at the Federal Office for Intellectual Property in Berne. There was a patent attorney 26 years of age, who had to finish his monthly quota of patent applications. Quite challenging at first, but later he found some spare time to work on things he was more interested in.

The Jewish family of this patent attorney had immigrated from Germany to Switzerland 10 years earlier. Then an adolescent, he failed the exam for admission to the Federal Institute of Technology and had to go back to high-school for an extra year. At that time, he renounced his German citizenship and became Swiss. Later, he successfully finished his studies in Mathematics and Physics in Zurich.

On March 17 1905, he submitted a paper he had been working on in his spare time to a scientific journal. In that work, he claimed that light consisted of particles. In another paper he submitted little later, he suggested a method with which one could prove the existence of atoms and molecules. Again little later, still in the same year, he proposed the weirdest thing of all, namely that objects become shorter when they move, and that a moving clock runs slower than an immobile one…

Instead of being put into a lunatic asylum because of these strange ideas, he became one of the best known human beings of the 20th century. The last third of his life he spent in the US and also acquired US citizenship. He was offered, among other things, the position of president of a newly founded state, a position he did not accept because he was too naïve, as he put it. He is also known for writing a letter to the American president which had the potential of changing the course of World War II. All three of the findings he published in 1905 were worth a Noble prize hands down, but he won only one.

“Why is it that nobody understands me, but everybody likes me?” he would ask later. Who is this former patent attorney guy?

(I am not sure Mathematicians are allowed to answer, could be too easy for them... )
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Just wrap the darn thing in a condom and it’ll be less bulky…
    Yes, but Ellen MacArthur doesn't have a condom... remember, she sails alone?!
    And indeed they adore him in that (“newly founded”) country immensely.
    (This is a nice museum in NYC which I had ventured into and read about AE and others.)
    Thanks for the post, Tulip!
    Hey, are you an ex-mathematician, too??

You got it both right though... that was quick!

I bet they didn't mention in the museum that he wanted his first wife (who was a mathematician, too) to be a housewife exclusively. Do you support that?
    Sir, you are underestimating the Female Race. But lucky for you, I offer free courses on the subject to clueless men and you are invited to my class (heck, you can even sit in the front row!)
    I am glad you have experience with disabled people, because I might very well be speechless, at least for a while.

Say, I may be a difficult case, do you also do one-on-one classes?
    If I had a smart and adorable hubby as Mr. E was…. Maybe? (Not really…..lol)
    I don't think he was that cool as a husband and father... for instance, he gave up his first daughter (born before he married his first wife) for adoption and left behind his younger son who suffered from schizophrenia when he moved to the US in 1933, and never saw him again.
    There was something also about an apple, but I forget
    That was easy: Steve Jobs!
    I'm glad I'm not having one of Steve's jobs. he only get paid $1 a year. So no Treo for him poor guy. Is this why mac people are so devoted? I'm confused.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Who said the Swiss lack humor?
    Tss, humor! You are just jealous because I found the answer first!
    the other $999,999 salary he has decided to give me for being Apple, Inc.’s Spokesperson on TC and MTDN (but shhhh…….please don’t tell that to the share holders! )
    So it really is your limo then. I won't tell anyone!
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    My class is on how to understand women, not on condoms. I know very little about the second.
    Really? I thought that was common knowledge, because lately there was this five year old who whispered to the four year old: "I found a box of condoms lying on the veranda last night", and the four year old asked back: "What's that, a veranda?"
    Baring all for God

The controversial three-day nudist music festival planned near Cabarita Beach, Australia may glorify more than just raw beauty.

Nudist pastor Bob Wright, from a Brisbane-based evangelical mission, hopes to have hundreds of in-the-raw revellers baring their souls as well as their bodies as he opens the event with prayer on April 22 and offers communion on the Sunday, April 24.

Pastor Wright, who says he "came out of the closet" with his skinny-dipping tendencies 18 months ago, yesterday revealed he would set up a tent on the site to offer spiritual support to attending Christians.... "We are quite open to reach out to everybody, whether they are wearing clothes or not," he added"

There was a picture of pastor Wright in his church, dressed as Adam before he took the apple from Eve on a Swiss internet news page, but I will spare you that.... (even if no fish involved)
    I was never into nudists’ culture (I think a person is MUCH sexier with clothes on!)
    If you care for a neutral, personalized third-party opinion on this, let me know - always glad to help! No need to worry about sending the pics, I'm a doctor!
    A story about how viking law might have to be used to prevent the Queen's composer being sent to the tower of london over a dead swan.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4361079.stm

I was relieved to learn that the dead swan was only eaten. After your last story about the necrophiliac duck, I was expecting the worst. Nice story, thanks!
    Glad to hear the thorn is out of your caboose ChickenNoodles
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    LOL
    Still, it is a lot of fun dating a rich Duck..........
    Fun?.... The duck has speech impairment, he walks funny and chases ladies in swimming pools....
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Fun?.... The duck has speech impairment, he walks funny and chases ladies in swimming pools....
    Chick obviously is a fan of slapstick.
    wow, I leave for a week and a second Treo-Babesker comes into the thread. Welcome to our nightmare Christine...
    I have no clue what a Babesker is, but it does sound nightmareish. Thanks for the welcome anyroad!