View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 252 of 307 FirstFirst ... 152202242247248249250251252253254255256257262302 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    For chickie and clulup - ACD should look away right now - here is (my) answer to golfer problem....
    Ok, I am impressed. Lots of words I haven't heard so far, I will try to memorise some of them for another occasion. So I guess it must be right... I am surprised that the speed of the ball at impact is slower, I would have expected it to be faster since it travelled longer? Anyway, great stuff, thanks a lot!

I almost feel like starting some biology puzzles now... did you know that Microbiology is the only field of in which dividing means the same as multiplying?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    But you're still waggling your tail. Can't be to bad then.
    Is it only my computer or did ACDriver's tail stop wiggling? Do we have to start worrying?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    This is great stuff jpahl (I finally had a minute to read it). I think my favourite is the prize for Chemistry, which went to "The Coca-Cola Company of Great Britain, for using advanced technology to convert ordinary tap water into Dasani, a transparent form of water, which for precautionary reasons has been made unavailable to consumers."
    btw - I assume you're aware of the deadly dangers of DHMO?

http://www.polaris.nova.edu/~shanbhag/humor/dhmo.htm
    Oh yes! Nasty stuff. It can kill instantly when inhaled at subtantial amounts, far too many people die because of it.

Just the other day, I also heard about another case of table salt contaminated with Sodium Chloride (this time in Hungary)! Sodium Choride luckily causes vomiting when ingested at large quantities, but the chronic effects of continued Sodium Chloride uptake are huge, too: increased blood pressure resulting in stroke and heart failure, for instance. It is also often found in salted peanuts, for instance, or in popcorn for children.
    Perfect spring day today in Zurich. No wonder Zurich was found to be the city with the highest quality of life once again (did I already mention it? ), together with Geneva. Why don't you all come here?

The places you may least want to live according to the Mercer report are Brazzaville in Congo, Khartoum in Sudan and Bagdhad, Iraq. But you probably already knew you didn't want to live in Bagdhad.
    Surely not - I've been stuck in geneva too many times on a dull sunday afternoon and there's *nothing* to do!
    That was only because the people from Geneva had arrived back home from Saturday night's party towards Sunday noon and were all sleeping when you were there on Sunday afternoon...
    I haven't heard a thing about my local pub closing either. So it's probably just fine.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    I am not sure, but maybe this joke can help console ACD with the world of maths?

A professor of mathematics sent a fax to his wife. It read: "Dear Wife: You must realize that you are 54 years old, and I have certain needs which you are no longer able to satisfy. I am otherwise happy with you as wife, and I sincerely hope you will not be hurt or offended to learn that by the time you receive this letter, I will be at the Grand Hotel with my 18-year old teaching assistant. I will be home before midnight. Your husband.”

When he arrived at the hotel, there was a faxed letter that read as follows:

“Dear husband, you too, are 54 years old, and by the time you receive this letter, I will be at the Plaza hotel with the 18-year old pool boy, who will give me some “swimming lessons”. Being the brilliant mathematician that you are, you can appreciate the fact that 18 goes into 54 a lot more times than 54 goes into 18. And when 18 goes into 54, it goes in nice and even! 18 does it right. Don’t wait up!!!”
    This thread needs some steroids. It is time to borrow some from Barry Bonds. ChickenNoodles, what’s up with you? Do you want to catch up with Mr. Kramsauer or not? Are you sitting on eggs or something?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Does anybody know Ernest Hemingway's "The Snows of Kilimanjaro"?
    Unfortunately, most of the snow there is gone...

Interesting also to note how fast the Vatican acts on the front of literature: they have issued a warning against "The Da Vinci Code": A top Catholic cardinal has blasted "The Da Vinci Code" as a "gross and absurd" distortion of history and said Catholic bookstores should take the bestseller off their shelves because it is full of "cheap lies."

Can one lie in fiction? Anyway, kind of strange they waited until now, given more than 25 million copies were sold since it was published two years ago. Good publicity for next year's movie...
    It was indeed the lovely eva who saved cary grant so memorably on that overnight train journey.

But the eloise series are my neices favourite book - as its about the girl who lives in the plaza

More at:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4348665.stm
    Looks like a really nice place! It says "A standard room can be obtained for $580 (£300)." - that sounds like a good opportunity to me! Where can I buy one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    This thread needs some steroids.
    Did you try this already?

Post some pics in case it works for you (before - after)!
    Haven't read that hemingway - any good?
    I must admit I haven't read it either. But I have seen the snows of Kilimanjaro many times, and I don't mean the movie.
    Funny about the da vinci code, especially as so clearly labled as fiction, yet people have been turning up at that church in paris asking where the murder happened (so I've heard - not read it) as if it were true.
    I am sure it is true. Like 221b Baker Street, London, where Mr. Sherlock Holmes, and his colleague John H. Watson, MD, used to live. Don't tourists in London still go there to see where the world's most famous detective lived?

In Switzerland you can also visit the place where Holmes died on May 4, 1891, the Reichenbach falls close to Meiringen in the Bernese Alps: "It is, indeed, a fearful place. The torrent, swollen by the melting snow, plunges into a tremendous abyss, from which the spray rolls up like the smoke from a burning house. The shaft into which the river hurls itself is an immense chasm, lined by glistening coal-black rock, and narrowing into a creaming, boiling pit of incalculable depth, which brims over and shoots the stream onward over its jagged lip."

Makes me feel like downloading another Sherlock Holmes strory from Project Gutenberg onto my Treo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    This story struck me as very interesting so I put it on my web site.
    Clique
    Thanks, really an amazing and rare story.
    I have been sitting on a thorn rather for the last several days. But I am back now. You didn’t think you could shut me up, right?
    A chicken on a thorn, what a scene…lol. I am glad you are back ChickenNoodles, and the last thing I want is to quiet you down
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Thanks, really an amazing and rare story.
    It is a cool story thanks, and I am sure the Wall Street Journal has hired Muziek by now to sue your bikinis off for putting their story on your site..... )
    -Michael Pritchard
    (BTW, did you make your move yet?)
    What move? What did I miss? What kind of gibberish this is?
    -Michael Pritchard
    Sitting on a thorn? What happened to the limo?
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
  19. smn
    Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come..
    Why would you sit on a thorn in any case?!?