View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 251 of 307 FirstFirst ... 151201241246247248249250251252253254255256261301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Take the IQ test
    Why?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    Meat?
    Don't they sell butchers in a butcher shop?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  3. smn
    A car traveled 28 miles in 30 minutes. How many miles per hour was it traveling?

Are we bragging to our friends or telling the police?
    Because I said so. Besides, you are going to find out your real IQ which scares you, apparently
    It said "Division by 0 Error. Please contact the system administrator". Is that good or bad? What did it say in your case?
    Howdy clicky-chicken. Counting the days yet?
    Hello everyone! Spring is just around the corner and I'll be moving my entourage of golf equipment to the outdoors!
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Don't be such a chicken ^H^H^H sissy, M00se: Winter is no excuse for not playing golf.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Don't they sell butchers in a butcher shop?
    If corn is in Corn Oil, Peanuts are in Peanut oil and vegitables are in Vegitable Oil.....what's in Baby Oil?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    I caught it......
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Catch the AFLAC craze
    who is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    who is that?
    Shelley
    I PM-ed the answer to you (giving Tulip a chance to respond) Tough question(s) JP.........
    Sure... I give up!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    from memory (left answer at home) thats absolutely right! so if clulup wants to impress he'd have do the much harder problem of same calculation but assuming moon is sphere radius 1738 km gravitational constant 4.90287e3
    I am not sure what you mean by "gravitational constant 4.90287e3"? The gravitational constant G is 6.67 × 10−11 N m2 kg-2, so what is the other number?

You can find a suggestion for the new problem in the attachment, do you agree with it (no time to put in the numbers, I leave that to you...)?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    aren't you assuming that acceleration is in the y direction when it is towards the centre of the moon?
    True. But it sounded like a very good approximation to me. My solution gives x=3608.9815 meters, with a=5/3 and r=1738000. Do you have a number for the accurate result?

gravitational constant is GM ie times the mass of the moon.
    I put my money on the gravitational constant being G only.
    Who's in the avatar picture chickie? Seems like one is holding a volleyball?...
    Once a week I make an effort to visit TC and read some threads, but after viewing the "political" ones I got so disgusted yuck. So thanks again all of you for keeping this thread fun and funny and knowledgeable (although the latest math is over my head) and NO political flapdoodle here as well.
    talking of insane animals (warning: open link at your own risk!):

http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...432991,00.html

I am as liberal can be when it comes to this kind of stuff......But this iS NOT right! So much for my niaeve thoughts about "cute little duckies!"

Now I know why people shoot them all the time! Excuse me while I head to WalMart to pick up a 20 gauge.
    aren't you assuming that acceleration is in the y direction when it is towards the centre of the moon?

gravitational constant is GM ie times the mass of the moon. To be totally accurate need to know golfer is on the lunar equator hitting towards the direction of rotation. BTW this is hard - don't feel you have to do it!
    Can you and clulup get a room and a thread of your own? This discussion makes me nauseous and the admins should shut it down for it's clear violations of decency standards! Have you no Shame!!!
    Hi ACD, sorry for disturbing you, just pretend we are not here!

Now to more important things: In an interview with the German magazine "TV Movie", actor Halle Berry, 38, stated that she cannot wait to become a mother. She said that if she is still single at age 40, she will contact a sperm bank. Wouldn't that be a shame for mankind?
    Anyhow, lets see if I can distract you with this controversial article:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...p?story=618472

Yes it got me thinking. And I think that all people are created equally different. So some women want to work, some want to be a housewife, some want to do both, some want none, and some only care for their Treos.

While I am (not much) worried that the opportunities the feminist movement have created for women will be lost, I still belive that the freedom to do what you want is what I really want. So if a man wants to be home to take care of the kids while his wife climb the corporate ladder please do.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Two days with no new Posts from anyone!! Oh No!
    But you're still waggling your tail. Can't be to bad then.