View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

    61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

    13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

    58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

    33 20.00%
Page 249 of 307 FirstFirst ... 149199239244245246247248249250251252253254259299 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 6123
  1. #4961  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Apparently In the official police handbook for the Highland Park, NY, Police Department, they have two pages printed in Moldavian, while the rest of the handbook is, naturally, in English. It seems that no one on the Highland Park police force speaks Moldavian, or – for that matter – in all of Highland Park.
    Why, then, does an official police manual contain 2 pages in Moldavian?
    Moldavian?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  2. #4962  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops

    Isnt' that where they kidnapped Professor Potts too! And, BTW, Truly Scrumptious looked that way to me when I was a kid!

    "This is X's!" "X'?" "Yes! X!.....as in.......X's and Bacon!"
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  3. #4963  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Isnt' that where they kidnapped Professor Potts too! And, BTW, Truly Scrumptious looked that way to me when I was a kid!

    "This is X's!" "X'?" "Yes! X!.....as in.......X's and Bacon!"
    Yes. Yes. I think you are right. Wait, you are always right!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  4. #4964  
    Can a woman taste ......music??
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  5. #4965  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Can a woman taste ......music??
    Some Swiss have surprising abilities...! Thanks for the link.

    I have to say I don't know this taste sensation from music. Sometimes texts have a bad taste for me. For instance those written on the high-gloss ink-jet paper from HP. That one really tastes bad.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  6. #4966  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Apparently In the official police handbook for the Highland Park, NY, Police Department, they have two pages printed in Moldavian, while the rest of the handbook is, naturally, in English. It seems that no one on the Highland Park police force speaks Moldavian, or – for that matter – in all of Highland Park.
    Why, then, does an official police manual contain 2 pages in Moldavian?
    The police officers have to explain the rights the arrested have. So when they arrest somebody from Moldavia who does not speak English, they take those pages and read them to the wrongdoer.

    Ironically, there was some confusion when the first version of the manual was printed, so for almost two years, what the Moldavians heard from the policemen was (translated back into english):

    "Where is the bus station. Where is the train station. Do you have free rooms. How much does a taxi to X cost. We now proceed to lesson four. Please bring the menu. I would like to order a coffee. Where is the restroom. Please send the bill. Thank you. Good morning. Good evening. Good bye".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  7. #4967  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    yes, truly scrumptious had a big impact on me when a kid too.
    Since I haven't heard of "truly scrumptious" I looked it up in Google... You should have warned me! Really, what is this about? I am shocked! Don't open the link! - Jpahl, ACDriver... REALLY!! http://www.trulytrulyscrumptious.co.uk/
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  8. #4968  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Yes, Apple knows how to make an art out of technology. But some people fall for Dell’s un-imaginary, boring laptop style (some people in SwissLand, that is).
    It's not that bad with Dell.

    Besides, I went to the Apple shop when I had to replace the charger of my Ipod after 12.5 months of use (Note: warranty gone, sorry Sir, US$40 or something...), and I had a look at the laptops there. Quite nice, but WAY overpriced. I need a tool to work with, not a toy.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  9. #4969  
    Lol
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10. #4970  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    If this is your answer then you are wrong. Too bad, I have really cool VS's lingerie for prize today....
    I called Highland Park, NY, Police Department, and asked them about their manual. Strange - they checked and said there are no pages in Moldavian... Say, are you making this up??

    EDIT: Wait a sec, they called back, apparently they found something, but it doesn't seem to be Moldavian, but possibly Romanian or something rather....
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  11. #4971  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    But what’s wrong with a toy that can actually function as a working tool?
    Can it? Then why doesn't anybody use it as a working tool? I haven't met anybody using a Mac in business in the past years, at leasst not outside of design, illustration, etc.

    Network environments are compex enough without the addition of a laptop with a different OS. I would have preferred a Mac world, too, but it is a PC world in business, sadly.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  12. #4972  
    Thanks for putting a little humor on this site C-D! I say live your dream!
  13. #4973  
    I'd like a Mac too, but since my company lends me a laptop with xp on it...
    Used to have an Amiga though - love those!
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
  14. smn
    smn is offline
    smn's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    #4974  
    I would have got a Mac at one time but Apple are as grredy and predatory as microsoft, so I'll stick to my PC, it came from Lidl (it's a non-pc PC!)
  15. #4975  
    I use an abacusPC. It's slow, but when the lights go out I can still use it...click clack click clack.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  16. #4976  
    What the heck is this 7,000+ post thread about?
  17. #4977  
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    What the heck is this 7,000+ post thread about?
    It's the thread about everything, minus anything boring, dull, uninteresting, harmful, obvious, annoying, aggressive, political (a maximum of 5 % politics per post is allowed if it cannot be avoided), and the like. But definitions me vary, I guess.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  18. #4978  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    so clulup and CD - why does this work:

    http://studwww.ira.uni-karlsruhe.de/...l/psychic2.swf
    It works great! Highly recommended stuff (no spoiler here! ). I knew it from another thread, I think from Big_OTR_Fan. Difficult to imagine what went wrong in Chick-Dances case. Maybe she got angry because there are no chicken symbols?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  19. #4979  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    me
    Yes of course it is about you. That's what I meant with "everything, minus anything boring, dull, uninteresting, harmful, obvious, annoying, aggressive, political"
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  20. #4980  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Amiga?..... Must be b4 I was born
    Before you were hatched you mean?
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS

Posting Permissions