View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 248 of 307 FirstFirst ... 148198238243244245246247248249250251252253258298 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 6123
    A difficult question that is being discussed in a lot of the aviation boards and news. It goes against just about all the norms to continue a long flight like that with an engine out. It's one thing to loose one enroute and continue...but to lose one right after takeoff and go over all the possible repair sites, all the possible sites for connecting passengers etc. just boggles my mind. And I have a normally boggle-free mind.

The FAA is investingating and I think that type of thing probably won't happen again....even if the CAA (brit FAA) allows it.

I can just as easily argue the other way though. Even with one engine failed they still had one more "spare" engine then most of the aircraft flying the same routes. (i.e. 767, 757, 777 all two engine aircraft)
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Rumour has it Carly Fiorina, a long-time AFLAC topic , will become the new President of the World Bank. Apparently, the other canditates are Paul Wolfowitz and Randall Tobias, AIDS-Coordinator of the White House and former CEO of the pharma company Eli Lilly. Wolfowitz would be a bad joke given his reputation in the rest of the world, and Carly is the only woman, so who knows...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    I'm going virgin from now on!
    Well, good luck with that. (ACD: Running across many virgins at all these days (in need of rescue or not))?

Hi, all. I'm still of on an evil business trip. Gotta' go meet for the rest of the day....
    btw clulup re other thread, if all planes flew only east to west (ie to get from NY to London you'd have to keep flying west a long long way) or west to east, wouldn't that give the earth a minor spin change too?
    And why would I know? You are the resident mathematician, not me!

Anyway, I am not so sure about the spin change. The plane only moves into one direction because air is propelled into the other direction through the jet (action = reaction), so again (my guess), the net effect would be zero.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    ACD: A quick question (I am late to my meeting as is). I read that a British Airways 747 flew from LAX to London with only 3 functioning engines (one blew up right after takeoff). The US is up in arms over this while the Brits have no rules regarding flights with dysfunctioning engines. Any thoughts.
    Laterz!
    In a politically correct world you cannot stop a plane from flying just because it's got a little handicap. Besides I always fly with SAS.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Dresses and boots are one thing ... but how does she afford all those gadgets?
    Have you ever been shopping for a dress outside H&M?
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    In a politically correct world you cannot stop a plane from flying just because it's got a little handicap. Besides I always fly with SAS.
    Engines are overrated anyway, like... never mind! Who needs four engines one a plane? They help for take-off, but once you are air-borne? Besides, isn't it so that a 747 can fly with one engine only? At least for a while? What does the resident pilot say?
    but you're right - how about if everyone walked east->west or west->east?
    I give up! No idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Besides, isn't it so that a 747 can fly with one engine only? At least for a while? What does the resident pilot say?
    Welcome to this BA flight 123 to NY. Our 737...
    I think I’d rather walk south……
    Let me guess - you want to become part of the penguins in the picture I posted? The ones with no clothes on?
    Nice to be here, Chick-Dance. I'm sampling the backlog now - whao!
    So you are from Norway...? When I was six years old, I had a book about cats from different nations, each nation with one line and one picture. The only line from that book that I remember was

"The cat from Norway got stuck in the doorway"
    (according to the picture because the cat was so fat...).

Is that actually true, does that really happen to cats in Norway?
    LOL
    Say, what time is it in Norway? How's the weather? And I forget to ask what do you do? (hope it's not too personal)
    00:36 and it's not personal. What I do now is writing this!
    So you are from Norway...?
    If you have read my sig that is an ups tracker status...
    ...but yes I'm from home.

Is that actually true, does that really happen to cats in Norway?
    Yes because we all have farms with environmentally friendly breed chickens tottering about tempting the poor kittens.
    Engines are overrated anyway, like... never mind! Who needs four engines one a plane? They help for take-off, but once you are air-borne? Besides, isn't it so that a 747 can fly with one engine only? At least for a while? What does the resident pilot say?
    Depends on the weight of the aircraft and density altitude in which your flying it. I don't know the 747 at all....but my guess is that it won't maintain altitude, but would do a slow descent till it, uh, landed.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Christine! My favoritist lady in all of Norway! Welcome!

Hi, all. Another night of work + another day of meetings, then I get to fly home (very late at night) and see my wife and kitty again! (Apparently the latter has been a bit crabby while I have been out. Of course, she might be saying the same about the former. Hard to tell since she can't use the phone on her own. )
    clulup: three ways to make the earth move:
    1) we all walk most the time in one direction (say) west - wouldn't this slow down the rotation a bit
    I guess, but I don't really know.
    2) move (say) to equator: to keep the angular momentum constant the planet would have to slow down
    That sounds convincing to me. Like turning fast on the office chair and then extending arms.
    3) do I have to spell it out?
    Huh? Spell what out? "It"? I - T?
    So schools in UK should let muslim children wear traditional clothing because of the human rights act, which is based upon EU level law, but this is not the case in France, despite also subject to same EU law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/4310545.stm
    I find it funny to see some Turkish people in France oppose the ban of headscarfs in public schools when in their home country, that isn't allowed either.
    Speaking about getting stuck in the doorway :

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) -- Portly Swedish police have a new reason to work out thanks to a new security entrance at the National Police headquarters that won't let them in if they weigh too much.

A construction error in the recently remodeled security entrance, which has a built-in scale designed to only let one person at a time pass through the door, has caused some embarrassing moments for officers who may not have spent enough time exercising.

Those weighing more than 230 pounds (105 kilograms) who try to pass through the entrance are greeted by a recorded voice telling them: "Stop! One at a time!" and are not let through, police spokeswoman Linda Widmark said.
    STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) -- Portly Swedish police have a new reason to work out thanks to a new security entrance at the National Police headquarters that won't let them in if they weigh too much.
    I guess policemen/women like their doughnuts in Sweden too…
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard