View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 246 of 307 FirstFirst ... 146196236241242243244245246247248249250251256296 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    LOL
    Poor Paris. I feel for her. Why are guyz so obsessed with pretty blonde ladies? I don’t get it…
    I have a kitten, JP. He's adorable

I believe it has something to do with the reason why there are so many dumb blonde jokes...
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Aren't all men "dirty"?
    Anyhow, a revealing photo of my political views will be sent to you. I assume that's what you wanted....no?
    No. I think I pretty much have a picture of those!

I was thinking something more of the VS genre.

Actually, Mike, I hope it's OK with you if I'd share the photo with the entire "Aflac family" -- attached.
    Geez, woman, have you no shame! I am *so* embarrassed

(Sadly funny, however!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    btw back on the cat (good luck with yours mike) and litter tray topic (sorry): the bathroom facilities on the fancy boat on my avatar can be summed up by the phrase "bucket and chuck-it"
    So if your friend actually throws "it" overboard they must be a REALLY good friend so...is that where the expression "chum" comes from, as in "chumming the water"?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    btw back on the cat (good luck with yours mike)
    She had another bit of a crisis last night. She had an abscess rupture. We thought the lump was just a pocket of blood from nicking a blood vessel when giving her IV fluids. (Actually, the vet checked it out and said that's all it was. Nothing to worry about.) It might have started that way, but somewhere along the line it got infected. Last night it sort of exploded when the wife picked her up.

Off to the pet emergency room.... They shaved her back and cleaned the open area (about the size of a US penny). Turned out she has a fever (from the infection, of course). They gave us antibiotics (she has virtually no immune system of her own anymore). The antibiotics made her throw-up. Now she's even weaker than before.

Talking to our regular vet (who is exceptional with cats) when they get in the office. May have to take her in there today.

Meanwhile, I am another 6-8 hours behind on work with business travel starting again tomorrow. Damn! I need more time or better drugs!
    Thanks, CD and JP. Kudos to you on MTDN ('cuz I can't do it here).

It's all extremely difficult for me. She is such a good buddy, and I feel so responsible for making her feel better....
    Ouagadougou, the capital city of Burkina Faso, has 996000 inhabitants. No inhabitant has more than 300'000 hair on his or her head. Can you know beyond doubt, that at least 7 people in Ougadougou have the same number of hair?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Are we talking The pigeonhole principle? (I'll PM you my answer.)
    I am not sure there are pigeons in Ougadougou, but you may be right...

I found a similar puzzle which went roughly like this:

"In Treoville, you will find that...
    a. No two citizens have the same number of hairs on their head.
    b. No citizen has exactly 12429 hairs.
    c. The number of citizens in Treoville is larger than the number of hairs on the head of any citizen.
    What is the highest possible number of citizens?"

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Its friday, its cold, and I've missed something with clulup's puzzles and chickie's pigeon holes.

Puzzle 1:
    If 4 people have 1 hair, 4 people 2 hair, .... up to 4 people with 298,000 hairs then that meets all the conditions and so how can it be done?
    You are right of course, with 996'000 inhabitants, and a maximum of 300000 hair per person you cannot "know beyond doubt that at least 7 people in Ougadougou have the same number of hair". It could be that the maximum of people with the same number of hair is four (though not likely, considering there may be quite a few bald people in Ougadougou, too. I have to admit I have never been there so far, so I wouldn't know. ).
    Ok, here's my last puzzle for a while, specially designed for ACDriver, who likes driving vertically:

Not too far away from earth, a new planet has been discovered. It is called Vee-Ess, and seems to be exclusively inhabited by VS models. An expedition is sent there, and ACD is dropped together with his team at the north pole of that planet.

They have three airplanes (called Harem 1, Harem 2 and Harem 3) and plenty of fuel, but they discover two problems: For the time being, the only place they can start or land is at their base at the north pole, but the VS models all live at the south pole, where the sunny beaches are.

In order to establish contact, they have to fly over the south pole with at least one airplane. A fully fuelled airplane can only fly the distance from the north pole to the south pole. However, the planes can exchange fuel in mid-air. All planes fly at a constant speed of 1000 mph.

So you have to find a way to fly over the south pole with at least one plane, and bring back all three planes safely to the north pole. The exchange of fuel and the starting/landing can be done in no time, so you don't have to worry about time used for that.
    Hmm clulup, do we need to know how far it is NP->SP?
    I don't think so, it is fully sufficient to know that "a fully fuelled airplane can only fly the distance from the north pole to the south pole". I think it makes the the puzzle slightly more difficult (or more clear in the solution) if the planes fly at a constant speed, distance in absolute terms does not matter.
    btw I think ACD want pictures not puzzles
    That's why he's flying over the south pole, where the models and the beach are, no? He can get pictures once he's back!
  11. smn
    Look it's easy. Fly into the air, hover for a while till the earth rotates, and then land again on the bit you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by smn
    Look it's easy. Fly into the air, hover for a while till the earth rotates, and then land again on the bit you want.
    Wouldn't it be strange for planet to rotate from north pole to south pole? And wouldn't the atmosphere rotate with the planet, so that the plane would have to fly anyway... well, I guess there is a more reliable solution...

But we are glad to see that some MTDN members are not afraid to come to the dark side occasionally, so kudos for you, even if I can't give any here!
  13. smn
    Thanks chaps, and a big cuddle for Chickie. My aeroplane solution came from a 40 year old episode of "till death us do part" an old English Comedy, featuring the current PrimeMinister's father-in-law.

http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/g..._7776335.shtml
    Before leaving to Boston I wanted to leave you with an answer to Tulip's question.…. LOL…. Golly.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    Goodness gracious, what a table! But yes, you got it, congrats!! So, you want the pics from the south pole?
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Goodness gracious, what a table! But yes, you got it, congrats!! So, you want the pics from the south pole?
    Send the pics to me...if you send them to Chicken it will just make her jealous.

16. smn
    Thanks jpahl, it's so dark here, I have to put the light on to read the threads!
    chickie - switch the camera on first

or of course use this: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000200033440/

I'm carressing my laptop - is it working for you
    Virtual hugging/kissing/smooching thing? Why not just getting a wife, jpahl?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Greetings from Boston via Treo. I didn't know Boston has night-life of its own....
    Laterz............
    Ha? Why not? Boston has a lot going for it.... it is the liberal capital of America....
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Send the pics to me...if you send them to Chicken it will just make her jealous.

Well, ok, I've started it, so now I have to go all the way. As you may remember, I have posted this puzzle about Vee-Ess, a newly discovered planet allegedly inhabited by Victoria's Secret models living at the south pole of that planet. Chick-Dance solved the problem, and now I have to provide the pictures.

Of course this is an awkward situation, because, well, you know, this is a US formum, not every picture is approved here, if you know what I mean, in case little or no clothing is involved... well anyway, I have decided to publish a PARTICULARLY "nice" picture nevertheless, but only including the following:

In case you are opening the following picture from the US, please read this
    DISCLAIMER: Parental guidance may be recommended! The following picture of "south pole" Vee-Ess beauties on the beach in the sun shows individuals with little or no clothing!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    In case you are opening the following picture from the US, please read this
    DISCLAIMER: Parental guidance may be recommended! The following picture of "south pole" Vee-Ess beauties on the beach in the sun shows individuals with little or no clothing!

I AM OUTRAGED!!! I will be reporting you to the admins!!! This is the kind of thing that we whacked out right-wing hyper-Christians are on about!! First these fowl (are they fowls?) pictures, then, before you know it, there will be pictures of Halle Berry naked (if it by thy will oh please God) !

Where does it stop!! Next you will be questioning His Highness The Bush with prickly questions about, oh, say, the U.S. economy and where those strings attached to his head and shoulders actually lead!

On second thought I will be dispatching Homeland security on to your European ****!! It's clear that the land of Swiss is harboring some really really bad terrorist people and also weapons of Mass destruction! Invade! Invade! Quick question for you clulup...do you have any oil reserves?