View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 243 of 307 FirstFirst ... 143193233238239240241242243244245246247248253293 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Just saw the movie "Hitch" and it was a hoot. Cute movie
    A "hoot"? What are you, from the South?

When I first visited TN I learned the phrases ("hoot" or "have a hoot" and "fixin' ta"), so I asked if I could be "fixin' to have a hoot." Oh, no, that is simply not allowed....

JMike: How's your kitten doing?
    <...sigh...> She has started refusing to eat again, and her old meds for that problem are too risky to continue, so it's not going well. We have a couple of things to try yet....
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Clulup, you stayed up late to claim 7000!
    Naa, I didn't stay up for THAT, of course!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Tulip: congrats on post 7000 - how do you manage to get so many 000s?
    I have been asked that many times... it is difficult to explain - it must be a mix of fate, destiny and kismet!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    ACD got a regular playing cards- with 52 cards but no jokers. He’s in a dark room and naked…. (OK, he doesn’t have to be naked…) 13 of the 52 cards are turned face up and they are all mixed so ACD doesn’t really know where they are. ACD’s task is to organize the cards in two piles so that each pile has the same number of cards facing up. How?
    I had the same idea as scottymomo... turning on the light is certainly the best way to do it. In case that is not allowed/possible/whatever, and also no other cheap trick is involved(?) - Hmmm, don't know yet....
    No turning on lights....
    Keep trying guyz....
    Is the room totally dark?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    the back side of the cards are coated with a printers shellac to keep the finish good on them while being dealt. that being the case the lack of light would enhance the sense of feeling and ACD would be able to tell very quickly by the finish which were the backs of the cards...the 13 cards simply give him a relative sampling to make sure he knows which is which...
    He is allowed to flip cards over, right? Otherwise, it's impossible, obviously. Just trying to make sure it's not a trick question.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Ah! So if you take the first 13 cards off the top of the deck and place them the otherway up on the 2nd pile it works as say there are n cards in the 13 cards taken which are the "wrong" way up then in both piles you will end up with 13 - n the "wrong" way up.

Clever chickie!

Or, conversely, you could all get a life which doesn't revolve around solving stupid card puzzles involving naked dragons.

I had a funny conversation with my daughter the other night. We (somehow) got on the subject of "Harems". My daughter said I would probably like to be a guard of a harem. I said that I wouldn't because historically they were guarded by Eunichs. My daughter went, "Why were they guarded by......oooohhh, so the...and then they wouldn't...and so..ahh, so that's why there were Eunichs"

It was so funny to see her work her way through that puzzle.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Thank you Chick-Dance. My travels and trevails have kept me busy and the nonsense of some posters on these boards attacking soe of us kept me quiet for a while. I just do not need their childish grief. Also switched from PC's to Mac's and that has been an interesting diversion. I do not miss the Windows world at all. Now when I have to go to the corporate laptop it seems primitive.

I still do not get the answer you provided. I am definitely inside the box today...
    Hello CD and friends. How's everyone? Glad to see that this thread is still striving.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I had a funny conversation with my daughter the other night. We (somehow) got on the subject of "Harems". My daughter said I would probably like to be a guard of a harem....
    Nice story... funny though - what made your daughter think you would like to be the guard of a harem (before she learded that those guards are eunuchs)??
    Ah! So if you take the first 13 cards off the top of the deck and place them the otherway up on the 2nd pile it works as say there are n cards in the 13 cards taken which are the "wrong" way up then in both piles you will end up with 13 - n the "wrong" way up.

Clever chickie!
    Nice puzzle, nice solution, congrats jpahl! I didn't think of making piles of different sizes... must be my brain on vacation mode!
    schmoozer, welcome back, where've you been?
    Been to South America for biz; it was wonderful but exhausting! It’s good to be back, thanks!
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Are you as rich as AFLAC Dude is?
    how rich is the alfac dude?? prolly not but im way better lokoking thats for sure!
    BUT really if that is you , you are beautiful!

mt
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    how rich is the alfac dude?? prolly not but im way better lokoking thats for sure!
    BUT really if that is you , you are beautiful!

mt
    Oh God, not another one Chicken-Smitten. Don't you Boys get out at all?

Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Nice story... funny though - what made your daughter think you would like to be the guard of a harem (before she learded that those guards are eunuchs)??
    You know, I don't really know what made her say that.....I was reading the latest issue of the Victoria's Secret cataloge at dinner though when the topic came up....do you suppose that had anything to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmoozer
    Been to South America for biz; it was wonderful but exhausting! It’s good to be back, thanks!

WB Schmoozer!! I missed your ugly pink self!!
    LOL
    OK, this is funny: You are seating at home surrounded by your beautiful wife and girls, reading VS?
    I am missing something here...talking slowly....I wasn't reading it TOO them! I wasn't actually reading it...just looking at the pictures......
    oh, and by the way, "I caught you a delicous bass."
    you're welcome

I've found a way to keep both ACD and clulup happy at the same time - a VS puzzle!

Two VS models, Mandy and Marcia, were talking about their collection of fine silk lingerie. They noticed that if Mandy sold Marcia seven pieces of underwear, Mandy would have exactly as many as Marcia.

On the other hand, if Marcia sold Mandy seven silk frilly things, then Mandy would have exactly twice as many as Marcia. How many pieces of fine lingerie did each have?
    Answer: NOT ENOUGH!

Love the avatar...gonna try it out...but I don't think my tail moves anymore?

And I am all fuuuuuuzzzzzzyyyyyyyy....i am fading..........lol
    ACD, you do look fuzzy and blurry. And the problem is, I can't see the PICTURE you are holding!!!!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard