View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 241 of 307 FirstFirst ... 141191231236237238239240241242243244245246251291 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 6123
    Busy, buzy, buzy - ski vacition starting tomorrow (one week), lots of work to be finished before that... looking forward to the holidays!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Do you guyz like my heart (avatar)? It is for Valentine's Day
    Of course. I take it personally!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Another vacation/holiday? I don’t recall being invited….
    You did NOT get the invitation? The postal service you have is really a shame. Sad you didn't get it... You think you can make it for next week anyway? You can land in Geneva, it's only about 1.5 hours from there!
    Another vacation/holiday? I don’t recall being invited….
    You probably couldn't take advantage of it anyway. You know those Euros, something like 12 weeks a year of vacation and 35-hour work weeks!
    Do you guyz like my heart (avatar)? It is for Valentine's Day
    Sure. Not as cute as you are though....
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    You did NOT get the invitation? The postal service you have is really a shame. Sad you didn't get it... You think you can make it for next week anyway? You can land in Geneva, it's only about 1.5 hours from there!
    Is it still so cold there? http://www.skyandsummit.com/Glacegeneve/index.html
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    It's quite high up (from about 6400 feet to about 13000 feet), so yes, I guess it will be pretty cold. Here are some
    web cams in case anybody wants to check the weather next week (daytime only).

P.S.: ok, I checked now, it wasn't really cold today, 23°F at 11500 feet, that sounds ok.
    I forget how tiny SwissLand is....Thanks for the late invitation, I might show up there and ruin your party....
    Ok, here's the travel information you may need. Don't forget to bring the bikini and maybe a warm pullover etc.
    Do you think I actually wear anything when I trash someone’s party?…LOL
    No, no, of course not, that was for later. Some wellness activities require some sort of closing even in Switzerland. And you may want to wear a pullover when moving from one party to the other.

So, you PM me once you have landed?
    Everything fine here in the Alps... not too cold!

I've read a funny story about a zoo in Germany today: They had male penguins of a rare variety. In order to help increase the number of those penguins, they flew in female penguins and brought them together, hoping for offspring. The only problem: it is not unusal for penguins to be gay, also in nature sometimes males form couples, steal eggs from hetero couples, and raise the little one with even greater success than the hetero couples because the males are bigger and better at getting food for the little one.

Also the two male penguins in the zoo are gay, so the whole story had a political dimension, certainly now that civil unions for gays had been introduced in Germany, too: was it really ok to try to force things and make the gay penguin have sex with female penguins?

The director of the zoo defended the whole plan and said it was worth trying because those penguins were so rare. But she also added that it was of course not the intention, and also not even possible to force "things"... and indeed, the gay penguins showed no interest in the newly arrived females. Now the zoo hopes for the next mating season...

Speaking about penguins and cold, here's a little puzzle:
    A beautiful blonde Danish scientist returns to New York from a trip to Antarctica, where she has been studying penguins. During a party, people (men, of course ) approach her and ask her how it was etc. She tells them and mentions that it had indeed been very cold, never more than minus 40 degrees. Since she is Danish, her admirers ask whether she means degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius. But the blonde just laughs at them and tells them that this is a silly question. Why?

Happy weekend!
    First I'd like to know the name of that Danish-American scientist....
    I'm not sure she is Danish-American, I think she just visited New York for a week or two...
    Answer: At -40 degrees both Celsius and Fahrenheit scales become equal.
    You got it, 100% correct! You win the full prize!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    A puzzle for you:

How was the world's most beautiful person also the brains behind the Sprint Treo 650?
    No idea... but I sure would like to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I'm not sure she is Danish-American, I think she just visited New York for a week or two...
    You got it, 100% correct! You win the full prize!
    You know, I hate to be a party pooper, but with all the prizes being sent back and forth between all of you, do you people actually pay tax for that? Perhaps that lawyer that visits us here once every two months needs to look into this tax evasion scheme going on here and sue you'all for every penny you own!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    A puzzle for you:

How was the world's most beautiful person also the brains behind the Sprint Treo 650?
    Sorry but I don't get this puzzle.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    C=(f-32)/1.8 ?...
    What?
    -Michael Pritchard
    OK, seriously now. Does anyone know where Mr. Crowe is? Chickn-Noodles, do you his whereabouts?
    -Michael Pritchard
    .........but not the gsm treo 650

.........and did the world's first nude scene?
    The worlds first nude scene?

My guess is that the first nude sceen was filmed about 10 minutes after the invention of film. She must be very progressive.

She must be old like hell or, more likely, dead.

And she thought of the "Sprint 650" way back then?? Clairivoyent?

Wow!

Progressive, Dead, and Clairvoyent! What a Woman!!

"Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    The worlds first nude scene?

My guess is that the first nude sceen was filmed about 10 minutes after the invention of film. She must be very progressive.
    According to this site, the first nude scene was filmed in 1885, 10 years BEFORE the more "official" invention by the French Lumiere brothers, or Thomas Alva Edison. The famous inventor Edison mastered Peep Shows in 1880... I think it is fair to say that those men did not hesitate to eternalise human beauty (female beauty in particular), always according to the latest technical standards.

Unfortunately, this helped little in solving jpahl's puzzle...
    ok, another clue:

Which hollywood actress was called the most beautiful women in the world and was also one of the brains behind the sprint treo 650?
    Ok, my guess is Hedy Lamarr. She was called the world's most beautiful woman, did (one of) the first nude scenes in the European movie "Ecstasy" in 1933, and - last but not least:
    "Hedy Lamarr and composer George Antheil received patent number 2,292,387 for their "Secret Communications System." This early version of frequency hopping used a piano roll to change between 88 frequencies and was intended to make radio-guided torpedoes harder for enemies to detect or to jam. The patent was little-known until recently because Lamarr applied for it under her then-married name of Hedy Kiesler Markey. Neither Lamarr nor Antheil made any money from the patent.

Lamarr wanted to join the National Inventors Council but was told she could better help the war effort by using her celebrity status to sell war bonds. She once raised $7,000,000 at one event."

So what's the link between Lamarr and the Sprint Treo 650: I would say frequency hopping, though I don't know the details yet. Is it a difference in BT implementiation (1.1 vs. 1.2)?

Anyway, I put my money an Hedy Lamarr!
    I'm a little worried... I thought Chick-Dance's absence over the weekend was because of her flight to Switzerland, but now she hasn't PMed me the exact time of her arrival - what's going on, did she get lost?