View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 240 of 307 FirstFirst ... 140190230235236237238239240241242243244245250290 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    My bad, Mike. Somehow my sister's picture was mixed with mine.
    Ah! Just a mistake, I'm sure....

It was a stunning photo in any case!
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I worry for the prospects of the underwear industry: In Virginia it is now illeagal to show your underwear above the trousers... US$50 fine if you do it anyway! Did Victoria's Secret stocks already plummet?
    You'd think they'd have more important things to worry about, but they are pretty close to D.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Ok, sucker for punishment:
    - 1440 minutes / day
    - swappable every 5.034965 minutes (see above)
    - 1440 / 5.034965 = 286

That's it, you've got it! I really think you deserve the prize, and because I am so generous, you will get the full weight in gold of all the bikinis and Victoria's Secret items I received from Chick-Dance (to date), too!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Remember the puzzle with the three powerful ladies' pictures... One was Carly Fiorina, who unfortunately was just forced out at HP.

Sad story, but obviously, big wasn't beautiful in this case, the Compaq deal was always questionable. And the whole story certainly was no fun for the people involved, the strategy at HP was changing a lot and confusing even for the employees.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    OK, Tulip, you want my process of thinking on this....
    24 hours a day times 12 sets of 5 minutes minus 2 exceptions 24 X 12 - 2 = 286

Send me the prize NOW!
    Why 2 exceptions? There are no exceptions, actually, the event takes place every 5.034965 minutes. I can post/PM why, if you like, there is a quite simple explanation.
    Be strong, say no clulup, she must have been dreaming
    No surrender!

I am not even sure what Chick-Dance expects from me, I mean, I offered her the weight in gold of all the bikinis and Victoria's Secret items I received from her... I will check again and also ask my wife, but I am really not sure ANYTHING ever arrived!
    I'm on the side of the women who is always right - which she will be when she accepts that the right answer doesn't involve 2 exceptions
    Since this has become a math thread (only temporarily, I hope )...

Do you know how biologists can prove that all odd numbers are prime numbers? Easy:

1 is prime (let's not fuss with details, ok)?
    3 is prime
    5 is prime
    7 is prime
    9 is a measurment error
    11 is prime
    13 is prime... the rest you can extrapolate.
    I am sad to hear this; she was a role model to many women (still is!). I do, however, agree that HP's merger with Compaq was a bad idea.
    FWIW, and not to offend, but I know a reasonable number folks currently and formerly at HP. Unfortunately, I don't know any that thought Carly was doing a good job.

I mean she was powerful and all, and she had to have something of a clue to get so very far, but I do wonder if she just got in over her head (or into a no-win situation).
    How about you, Chick-Dance, would you also rather wear tatoo only instead of fur?

And do you also like Basketball stars, not only Baseball?
    I don't disagree. Power struggle was the name of the game. HP's former founders were up in arms about Ms. Fiorina's Compaq deal. She also fired people left and right. But somehow being a woman in an all-men world must have been difficult. I wouldn't be surprise if some of her "showing off" that she did was due to the "inferiority" women feel in the corporate world.
    I don't know... why should women feel inferior in the corporate world... they are not, who would doubt that? Maybe sometimes some people (men) try to make them feel inferior, but those men also treat other men like that.

I think being a woman (meaning being a more or less rare case in the business world, in the higher places) can be both an advantage and a disadvantage. I know both expamples, sometimes people prefer to have a woman when they fill a new position (to get a better gender mix), most of the time they don't care, sometimes it may be a disadvantage (though that seems quite rare in my experience).

I guess the differences between two individuals in business are mostly bigger than the differences between man and woman in business.
    I suppose i'd rather be nude than wearing an animal...yes...lol
    I would prefer you that way, too, if you're taking requests!
    I guess the differences between two individuals in business are mostly bigger than the differences between man and woman in business.
    Totally.

Of course, some companies have glass ceilings and some executives are racist and some people only want to be surrounded by "yes" men (er ... persons). In all cases they are hurting themselves as much as those they restrict.
    ...Ms. Fiorina's...
    Since you're a bit of a femi-Chick, let me ask you about this tangent (no, it's not a math question you freaks! ). I had an elderly English/Lit teacher that used to have a fit about the use of "Ms." Her point was that it was not an abbreviation for anything. She was okay with just "Ms" but not "Ms."

What's considered correct these days?
    what did I miss Chick with the HP CEO as your Avatar? I've always liked her since she took over HP ......
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    what did I miss Chick with the HP CEO as your Avatar? I've always liked her since she took over HP ......
    Why, do you work for IBM or DELL?
    I suppose. Nevertheless, the American corporate world is still very "white" and very "boyish." That is a fact, and often a bias too.
    Maybe on average more women are just too wise to sacrifice their entire life to their career?

Being higher up does not necessarily mean being happier on the long run...
    Tulip, I thought you might find interest in wikinews.org web site, from the family of Wikipedia. From the NYTime: "Wikinews (www.wikinews.org) is an experiment in collaborative news gathering and reporting, and the latest in a collection of Wikis (pronounced WIK-eez or WEEK-eez) under the umbrella of Wikimedia, which cultivates free and open information resources written by its users.
    The largest Wiki project, Wikipedia, has been online for four years and contains more than 450,000 articles, all written and open to revision by its more than 150,000 users. By comparison, Wikinews is a newborn, having opened its doors to interested news writers and reporters in December."
    Thanks a lot for the link, I will have a look at it!

I didn't know Wikinews yet, but I look into www.wikipedia.com quite often and I find it great. I am mostly surprised by the quality of information there, given everybody can change the articles at will. Sometimes cross-checking with www.encarta.com is a good idea.
    By MARC WEINGARTEN
    NYTimes
    One important reason for the iPod's popularity is its versatility: it can be many things to many people. To those, add musicians with thin walls or cranky neighbors.
    Sad I don't play the guitar!

Yesterday, for the first time I heard a song on my iPod in which the singer sang a song about listening to a song on her iPod...:
    I keep our song on repeat
    On my ipod, even when I sleep

The song is by Joss Stone, very nice song btw, very nice lyrics, too, highly recommended.

Edit:
    Hey I just realize I seem to be terribly en vogue: Joss Stone has won a Brit Award yesterday, the most prestigious (pop) music award in the UK:
    Joss Stone, the teenage soul singer from Devon, beat competition from rivals including the strongly tipped R'n'B singer Jamelia and last year's most notable debutante Natasha Bedingfield to be the star of the Brit Awards last night.
    I just found her: What's my prize?
    I think you get a piece of jpahl's Victoria Secret merchandise!
    The song is by Joss Stone, very nice song btw, very nice lyrics, too, highly recommended.
    And she's cute too
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard