View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 224 of 307 FirstFirst ... 124174214219220221222223224225226227228229234274 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 6123
    I noticed the absence of these individuals from AFLAC lately: ACD (are you divorced yet?), clulup (too cold for you to post?), Peter Brown (miss your British wit, man), ronbo2000 (now that the Chick has retired, what are you going to do? Who’s going to pay your salary?), Alli (the only sane person here and she left to MTDN), Schmoozer (are you off to China again?).
    Zitten zoet verkenner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    1. TC.... At least for a while..
    #3000 is here, yea!
    Congrats, Chick-Dance, to your 3000 posts!!! However, I think you are too young to retire... ???
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    what's wrong with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    I noticed the absence of these individuals from AFLAC lately: ACD (are you divorced yet?), clulup (too cold for you to post?), Peter Brown (miss your British wit, man), ronbo2000 (now that the Chick has retired, what are you going to do? Who’s going to pay your salary?), Alli (the only sane person here and she left to MTDN), Schmoozer (are you off to China again?).
    Zitten zoet verkenner.
    Hi Muziek! Good to see you after all that time. You must be ... rich by now!

It is actually quite warm in Switzerland for this time of the year. I am only glad our skiing holidays in February will take place well above 6000 feet.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    What vision? Men have no vision. Men can see but only what they want to see.
    What's wrong with that?
    Hey girl: Congratulations on your 3000 posts.
    Yes, you Talker!
    I fully support your temporary retirement. Go to Disney World and relax. Or Broadway...
    Or come to Wisconsin for a warm retreat at my estate. Oh, wait a minute, I don't have an estate. Oh, who cares? Just come over and I will take you to the Wisconsin Dells (and don't forget to bring your bikini!)
    Say, Muzie-The-Suing-Lawyer, you must have coordinated this retirement with ChickenNoodles, have you not?!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    I want to point out to the JURY that my name is NOT included in Muzie-The-Suing-Lawyer's list! I am a free man
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    #3000 is here, yea!
    Probably 'til tonight!

Or retire and catch some spring baseball!!!
    And now to the sad part about the ChiCkEn’s retirement. It appears that ChickenNoodles got a better offer with the The Poultry Forum. What a Pusillanimous Chicken!
    (I am just kidding of course!)
    -Michael Pritchard
    Isn't rooting for Schumacher a bit like rooting for the Yankees?
    Quote Originally Posted by pbryon
    Uh, no.

I can remember dry years when McLaren and Williams dominated the sport. Ferrari couldn't buy a win against some of these teams. Now with Toyota and BAR coming on strong ... I expect a very close season ... decided at the end. With Ferrari coming out the victor in the Driver's Championship and the Constructor's Championship ... but just by a few points.
  12.    #4472  
    No, because Schumacher has won the championship since 2000.
    Adding my response to the growing list of "nos":

No, Shumacher is just about as pure a talent in auto racing as I have ever seen. (Note: I am not a huge fan of his, but I absolutely respect his talent.) The Yankees are certainly talented, but it's different. They are about spending infinite money to buy talent, and they are still not as good as they should be (given the money spent).
    #3000 is here, yea!
    We'll miss you, dearest Chick....
    I guess I wasn't talking about talent. Schumacher is perhaps the greatest driver in my lifetime, across all auto racing disciplines. But I guess what I was getting at was the inherent problem in rooting for a consistent winner, someone who dominates the competition. Anything less than #1 is a disappointment, and #1 almost seems anticlimactic. There's not that sense of euphoria when an underdog wins, like has happened in baseball the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    No, Schumacher is just about as pure a talent in auto racing as I have ever seen. (Note: I am not a huge fan of his, but I absolutely respect his talent.)
    I feel with Niki Lauda who once walked away from the training and quit F1, saying: "I'm fed up with driving round in circles." Definitely not my sport.

There are pros and cons about Schumacher... he showed some terribly selfish and unfair moves, e.g. when he (deliberately) crashed into his opponent, who threatened to take the victory from him. However, he also has his good sides. I mean, he is stinking rich and has decided to live in Switzerland and pay taxes here. Certainly a nice move, at least for the Swiss taxpayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I feel with Niki Lauda who once walked away from the training and quit F1, saying: "I'm fed up with driving round in circles." Definitely not my sport.
    Yes, Fangio was also a great driver. It's pretty hard to compare these guys that raced at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    There are pros and cons about Schumacher... he showed some terribly selfish and unfair moves, e.g. when he (deliberately) crashed into his opponent, who threatened to take the victory from him. However, he also has his good sides. I mean, he is stinking rich and has decided to live in Switzerland and pay taxes here. Certainly a nice move, at least for the Swiss taxpayers.

Regarding Shumacher's improper moves, he's made a few, but (IMHO) not as many as many of the very talented but often temperamental super star drivers over the years....

Boy, this all seems terribly "off topic" for this thread ... if that's possible...
    True or False?
    1. Life is much quieter and peaceful without that noisy Chicken-Noodles -- I miss her not!
    2. Life is dull without Chicken-Noodles -- I miss her
    3. What life? Never had a life B.C. (before chicken) so what does it matter...
    4. AFLAC thread will die without Chicken-Noodles
    5. Aflac thread will live on forever regardless of what happens with Chicken-Noodles
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    True or False?
    1. Life is much quieter and peaceful without that noisy Chicken-Noodles -- I miss her not!
    2. Life is dull without Chicken-Noodles -- I miss her
    3. What life? Never had a life B.C. (before chicken) so what does it matter...
    4. AFLAC thread will die without Chicken-Noodles
    5. Aflac thread will live on forever regardless of what happens with Chicken-Noodles
    1a. True
    1b. False
    2a. True
    2b. False
    3a. True
    3b. False
    4. False (you and I are still here, Oopsie)
    5. False

My Prediction -- she can't take the lack of attention she no longer receives from us AFLAC posters and returns by Friday, January 14, 2005.

Any takers?
    To those of you who are interested in chess (Chick is one!), here's an interesting article from the NY Times.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain