View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 212 of 307 FirstFirst ... 112162202207208209210211212213214215216217222262 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    I'm backing up my armored truck and taking them all
    Bad luck - the vault is in the basement, so no chance for the armored truck. You are arrested within minutes. Didn't I mention the whole thing takes place in Switzerland?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Here's my answer:
    Take 1 bar from Vault 1;
    2 bars from Vault 2; etc.
    Then weigh the lot.
    From the total weight, you can then deduce the Vault Number from the excess weight!

Bingo!
    And my prize is?......
    Now THAT sounds promising....Congratulations! What's the provenance of the solution? Is there any connection between your present proximity to m00se and this answer?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Hey: Currently in Minneapolis the temperature is -4°F (yes, that's MINUS!) and I froze my fanny walking the family dog....
    This made me look up the meaning of ° Fahrenheit. The first thing I found out: -4°F IS cold...

The second thing I discovered: when the American forefathers picked the units they wanted to use in everyday life, they looked at all the possibilities used all over the world, and then they went for the most complicated and funny:

"Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit (1686-1736) was a German instrument maker who invented the first practical mercury thermometer. Casting about for a suitable scale for his device, he visited the Danish astronomer Ole Romer, who had devised a system of his own. As it turned out, it was a case of the blind leading the blind.

Romer had decided that the boiling point of water should be 60 degrees. This at least had the strength of numerological tradition behind it (60 minutes in an hour, right?). But zero was totally arbitrary, the main consideration apparently being that it should be colder than it ever got in Denmark. (Romer didn't like using negative numbers in his weather logbook.)

D.G., simple soul that he was, thought this cockeyed system was the soul of elegance. He made one useful change: to get rid of the fractions, he multiplied Romer's degrees by 4, giving him 30 for the freezing point and 90 for body temperature.

Then, for reasons nobody has ever been able to fathom, he multiplied all the numbers by 16/15, making 32 freezing and 96 body temperature. Boiling point for the time being he ignored altogether.

By and by Fahrenheit got ready to present his scale to London's Royal Society, the scientific big leagues of the day.

It dawned on him that it was going to look a little strange having the zero on his scale just sort of hanging off the end, so to speak. So he cooked up the explanation that zero was the temperature of a mix of ice, water, and ammonium chloride.

At some point Fahrenheit figured out that the boiling point of water came in at 212 degrees. Over time this replaced body temp as the upper landmark on his scale. Meanwhile, as more precise measurements were made, body temperature had to be adjusted to 98.6 degrees.

In short, 100 means nothing at all on the Fahrenheit scale, 96 used to mean something but doesn't anymore, and 0 is colder than it ever gets in Denmark."

Time for me to ask a question. Calculus, of all things:
    The velocity of an object moving along a straight line is given by v(t)= t2 -11t + 24 feet per second. Find the displacement and the total distance teavled by the object between the times t=0 and t=10 seconds.
    The answer is 23.3333333 feet after 10 seconds.

Besides: I used to do integral calculus during my studies, but I didn't t use that stuff for ages. So I prefer looking it up....
    Your trust level in me is deteriorating fast
    (But m00se and I worked on it together, yes)
    It's nice of you to help m00se! Send him my regards!
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    The answer is 23.3333333 feet after 10 seconds.

Besides: I used to do integral calculus during my studies, but I didn't t use that stuff for ages. So I prefer looking it up....
    We were just being silly.
    Cheers
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Here's one for m00se and Chick -- so they can keep warm in the great white north. BTW, it will be 68 and sunny here today!

A globe contains eleven letters: MISSISSIPPI. Four letters are drawn one by one with replacement & recorded in order. What is the probability the outcome is SISS?

And explain how you got it!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    I guess those gals from the beach overcame the cold ... were you there?

Link
    Go, Stanford!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Lets see how many marks out of 10 I can get with this answer:
    - in total there are 11 letters
    - there are 4 "S" and 4 "I"s
    - therefore probability of drawing either character is 4/11
    - if there is replacement then this remains constant for each draw
    - therefore probability is (4/11)^4 = 256/14641 ~ 0.0175
    Right off the 'net. Copy and Paste is such a handy tool!

You get 10!

My answer was the same, I just didn't get to post it in time. I want 10 too!
    Done.

They played very well. And their super-player was awesome. But Minnesota is far more balanced, and their defense is out-of-this-world
    Then, how did they lose?

OK, I believe you ...

Their best player was injured and they did not play as well as they can. Stuff happens...
    You mean stuff like, say, they were playing a better team.
    LOL
    I am tempted to say that if the two teams met again today, the outcome would be different. But, yes: Stanford had a flawless game and they deserved to win (gosh it is painful for me to say it)!
    Oh, the last thing we want is for our beloved Chick Dance to feel any pain!

Absolutely
    Hey, that's my trademaked word. Just like Trumps' "You're fired."

LOL
    I am tempted to say that if the two teams met again today, the outcome would be different. But, yes: Stanford had a flawless game and they deserved to win (gosh it is painful for me to say it)!
    Heck, it's not like I am an expert on women's volleyball. As Peter Sellers once said, however, "I like to watch!" Beach volleyball can be even more entertaining.

I see your avatar has a dress with a bit of a racing theme! Is that because I am going to visit you later this week? Oh, no, that's my in-laws. I keep forgetting!
    Where are your in-laws, may I ask?
    Annandale on Granite Lake -- basically you head towards St. Cloud, I think, and turn off the expressway where it looks like nothing and nobody lives there.
    And you are about 4 hours drive north of me right now
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    And you are about 4 hours drive north of me right now
    Sounds like Albuquerque....
    LOL
    I'd say about an hour and a half from where I am staying.
    So are you actually in/around The Cities?