View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 21 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
    Ouch!

I disagree with your interpertation of those posts grrl. I think they were both clearly tongue in cheek and meant to be fun. I thought they were amusing as hell.

Now, go up to your room and don't come down again until you can put a happier face on!! And give me the keys to the Jeep!

"Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Hey Chick, I was reading last night's threads and was very intersected in your comment about living on a kibbutz for a year. Could you expend on that? Would you be kind enough to mention the kibbutz's name (via e-mail message is OK).
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I agree with ACD's comment. This particular THREAD is meant to be funny and silly as Chickie most likely would envisioned. We are like a family here, albeit dysfunctional at times. Normally I would jump with sharp claws on anyone who makes fun of others. But claws aside here 'cause this thread is a shrine of sort to be giddy and silly all-get-out!
    Now Chickie: What does a Danish-American girl doing on a kibbutz? I am also curious...
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    What a load of UK crap. Maybe in Stockpot-on-Avon you can get away thinking of your wife in those terms.

Gender Stereotypes associated with Women:
    Submissive
    Emotional
    Quiet
    Neat/Clean
    Clumsy
    Artsy
    Housewife
    Child rearing

But in the real world your neanderthal comments show a bit more about you then you might imagine. Just by assuming that these types of comments will be amusing, you tip your hand. You and your little **** buddies can snicker, but I bet IRL, it's your wife that does the as* kicking in your house. You go to the pub and tell everyone how you have "her" at home making soap and candles, while the reality is she is smarter and probably makes more money then you.

Your really not much more then a bigot.
    Come on Clairegrrl, was it really that bad? My post was meant ironic and teasing, and from what I know about PeterBrown, I don't assume he associates those gender stereotypes to women any more than I do (I don't! I iron, I change diapers all the time, and I don't even find it special). Aren't we passed the stage when women seriously had to fight against prejudices like "submissive, housewife, clumsy, quiet"? And what is bad about "emotional" and "child rearing" (as long as it is not a must and an exclusive thing)? In case you really still have to fight such things, I am with you IRL...

Besides, PeterBrown never claimed to "do the as* kicking" in his house, he mentioned "getting jars off tall shelves or putting out the bin for the dustman, operating machinery (drills) or removing a motorised vehicle from a tight spot". SOME men actually are better at carrying the out the trash, so why shouldn't they do it, as mentioned in his example ?

So to sum up: it was meant to be funny, sorry if you didn't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Well said. Even as a man , I agree with you.
    And now to you:
    TRAITOR!
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Hey Chick, I was reading last night's threads and was very intersected in your comment about living on a kibbutz for a year. Could you expend on that? Would you be kind enough to mention the kibbutz's name (via e-mail message is OK).
    How comes you are sooo much more interested in Chick-Dance's kibbutz experience than in mine, hmmmm??? Did you ask ME for an email and the name of the kibbutz I had lived in for a while when I mentioned it to you, hmmmm??? Strange, stange, I have to say...

I was in Sasa, btw, so that you don't have to pretend you are interested in ME in a separate post...
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Now, go up to your room and don't come down again until you can put a happier face on!! And give me the keys to the Jeep!

LOL! I can see that I can learn a lot from you for the time my four year old girl becomes a teenager...

Great posts by the way, keep them coming...
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    LOL! I can see that I can learn a lot from you for the time my four year old girl becomes a teenager...

pssst. here is a secret....i have to whisper it cause i don't want to incurr the wrath of grrl. if you want a young girls undivided, total, absolute attention, tell her your are revoking her driving privileges. in her eyes, life as she knows it will end, will not be worth living, if she can't drive.

it's a big stick so wield it carefully. I find grabbing them wrestling, tickling and snuggling to be just as effective sometimes....and you get the added benefit of "that smile".
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    If I was crueller (and genuinely bigoted) I would suggest that clairegrrl getting upset was down to a hormone imbalance...

I'm joking!

But seriously Clairegrrrl, you're reading a bit too much into my post there. It was intended to be ironic.

I'm just upset cos I've missed out on all these bikini shots, back to a pc tomorrow! The pics had better still be up or there'll be trouble...
    Animo et Fide
    Well said. Even as a man , I agree with you.
    - yikes...severe wimp alert...I'm surprised you managed to get time off dusting to post that

claire girl...you've suddently turned a bit feisty old girl....I could list a whole lot of stereotypes associated with us chaps that aren't terribly appealing either.. I think there was more than a smidgeon of irony in what Mr Peter was writing..or at least that's the way I interpreted it...
    Dead right, Mr Murray.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Y-Chromosome Deficiency, aka Superfluous X-Chromosome Syndrome:
    Hereditary, genetic condition, no treatment known.
    It is associated with a number of symptoms: carriers are mostly slightly smaller, less muscular, tend to have more body fat, with a slightly reduced overall physical capacity.
    On the mental and intellectual side, people affected by Y-Chromosome Deficiency sometimes have problems with abstract thinking (logic), and may become highly emotional for no obvious reason. On average, they show well developed language skills, a strength that is often enforced by intensive training. Three-dimensional and spatial sense is mostly below average, which can lead to problems when parking or driving cars etc. Surprisingly, mortality rate is below average, so especially among the elderly, people with Superfluous X-Chromosome Syndrome can make up a surprisingly high proportion of the population.

It is important to note, however, that all of these traits are by no means pathological in nature, so describing the condition as "disease" or "disorder" would be totally out of place. People with Y-Chromosome Deficiency can be highly attractive both physically and mentally, and those who are in contact with them often find it highly rewarding (I do, for instance).

What about you, do you know people with Y-Chromosome Deficiency, do you cherish diversity? I find it important that those who don't have that condition share their experiences.
    What a funny post! Thanks for the good laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    - yikes...severe wimp alert...I'm surprised you managed to get time off dusting to post that

claire girl...you've suddently turned a bit feisty old girl....I could list a whole lot of stereotypes associated with us chaps that aren't terribly appealing either.. I think there was more than a smidgeon of irony in what Mr Peter was writing..or at least that's the way I interpreted it...
    Sorry, I do not see respect for women (or anyone for that matter) as "wimpy". Feel free to disagree.

I agree there are many non-flattering stereotypes about both sexes. The bottom line is that when we generalize we are bound to offend someone.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Well then let me say that, as a woman, I took absolutely no offense to either post. You see, I could tell they were in good humor, that previous history shows both individuals have respect for people generally, and that the respect I have for myself allowed me not to take the posts personally (or negatively as clearly they were meant in fun.) I hope that as a woman I am cared for, and caring for whomever is close to me in my life, so I didn't take offense to that. Further, the context in which "care" was used was as a follow up to the 'condition' analogy.

While it is true that when we generalize we are bound to offend someone, when we're specific we're sure to! Either way we're all adults and I hope we can see the humor and move along.
    The reaction by some to these posts just drives home my point in another thread that the reader is largly responsible for determining the tone of written submission. Regardless of the intent of the author some readers will take it the wrong way. This is because, IMO, we choose how we react to any given situation.
    Sorry, I do not see respect for women (or anyone for that matter) as "wimpy". Feel free to disagree.

I agree there are many non-flattering stereotypes about both sexes. The bottom line is that when we generalize we are bound to offend someone.
    fair enough, if the post had been showing any disrespect for the ladies, which it patently wasn't !!!
    you are certainly spot on with your 2nd point, my point is it only seems to be the ladies who take offence, we chaps gets slaughtered left right and centre without sticking up for oursleves and take it on our manly, jutting chins...hey, we'd better be careful here otherwise we'll have the mods police swarming all over !!
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    fair enough, if the post had been showing any disrespect for the ladies, which it patently wasn't !!!
    you are certainly spot on with your 2nd point, my point is it only seems to be the ladies who take offence, we chaps gets slaughtered left right and centre without sticking up for oursleves and take it on our manly, jutting chins...hey, we'd better be careful here otherwise we'll have the mods police swarming all over !!
    LOL, fair enough.

For the record, I personally took no offense to any of these postings, and think that in general (uh oh) we, as a society (or group of societies?) need to lighten up a little....enough of this politically correct crap and just call a spade a spade!

Now, can we get back to the name calling and sexual inuendo?
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    The reaction by some to these posts just drives home my point in another thread that the reader is largly responsible for determining the tone of written submission. Regardless of the intent of the author some readers will take it the wrong way. This is because, IMO, we choose how we react to any given situation.
    Agreed, which is another reason why I think generalizations and stereotypes should definitely be avoided....too easily misinterprated.
    - Albert Einstein
    Now, can we get back to the name calling and sexual inuendo?

- hope so !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    - what's going on here Mr Woof ?? You've become all moderate and sensible... bring back the big bad woof !! that's what I say !! Lots of love, little red riding hood
    - my god, I'm on a posting frenzy today, bad day at work, you know what it's like..