View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 205 of 307 FirstFirst ... 105155195200201202203204205206207208209210215255305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Perhaps you can answer this (Can there be fog and clouds at the same time?) for us.
    I you ask me: Yes!

Sometimes there are clouds above the fog, sometimes there are not.

Here examples with fog below and

- no clouds above

- clouds above.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I have a question of my own. The question is the SAME as the one that Tulip posted (post 5580), with two twists, each is a separate question:
    1. we know that at MOST one of the coins is a fake, meaning that possibly ALL 12 coins are real.
    2. We must solve the problem using a parallel algorithm. Meaning that we must decide in advance (before any weighings take place) which coins are to be weighed in each of the three weighings! (The three weighings can be done in any order.)
    Regarding 1: The solution I found takes care of that case as well, luckily!

Regarding 2: I would not have thought there is a way to do this. But a quick internet search revealed there is... Not a way I would have found in a reasonale amount of time.

Now, the irony of all this is: when I first wrote my post about the "balance problem", I used "balls" instead of "coins", because that is how I heard it first. Then I thought, of course some clever guy will google the answer (indeed I found many answers after a quick check for "12 balls balance weighing" or so). So I changed the balls to coins - now it turns out that there are even more in depth answers with "coins"....
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    I have a question of my own. The question is the SAME as the one that Tulip posted (post 5580), with two twists, each is a separate question:
    1. we know that at MOST one of the coins is a fake, meaning that possibly ALL 12 coins are real.
    2. We must solve the problem using a parallel algorithm. Meaning that we must decide in advance (before any weighings take place) which coins are to be weighed in each of the three weighings! (The three weighings can be done in any order.)
    I have #2 I think. For #1, you want either: a) the coin or b) the fact that there is no coin?. I'll post answer on Sunday night.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    I have #2 I think. For #1, you want either: a) the coin or b) the fact that there is no coin?. I'll post answer on Sunday night.
    If you have #2, you have #1, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I you ask me: Yes!

Sometimes there are clouds above the fog, sometimes there are not.

Here examples with fog below and

- no clouds above

- clouds above.
    Well, yeah, I guess it's easy when you live in Switzerland!

But if you are in the fog, how do you know if there are clouds?

And if you are in the clouds, how do you know if there is fog?

<< My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Hum... I wonder what would help then... Any clues?
    Hmmmm ... many clues ... no "obvious" answer yet. What's your suggestion?

Alas: You admit doing it too.
    But more importantly, Tulip. If you ask questions and REQUEST that the answers are not be researched, I'd have admitted that on my OWN I couldn't solve that problem although I was certainly on the right track.
    I think we need some clarification here. IMO, you could have worked it our since all you women have large cerebral cortices ... ... but you didn't want to spend the time.

I am worried that any suggestion I might come up with, I'd be accused of "googling" it (Pun intended, Tulip.)
    Was that "google" or "ogle"?

But you're free to approach how you want!

Wish me luck guyz, I am going on a date with AFLAC-Duck On the menu: Jacuzzi, seafood restaurant and a huge desert in Little Italy, NYC. Not necessarily in the same order) Gosh I can't wait...
    Luck ... you don't need no luck ... you have temporary skill.

Watch the bubbles in the jacuzzi!!!!

I like the way you phrase things
    If they would only let me do some "consulting" when I take my GRE I would be in great shape. But I have heard they don't allow any electronic devices so my treo has to stay in the car

I use the term "consulting" not cheating. And I'd never post an answer I don't understand
    Actually, I didn't do a search online for the question. At a party last night I met (hold your breath) a math professor form NYU. I told him about the question Tulip posted (which, BTW, isn't his originally either -- so who's cheating whom?). He then told me about the solution and pointed a link to it. I will post that link AFTER someone solves my question (post #5598)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Well, yeah, I guess it's easy when you live in Switzerland!

You call the weather report, check a webcam, call somebody higher up...

Being in the clouds means (by definition of cloud vs. fog) that you are in the air. Therefore, you hope the pilot knows the answer... ask ACD how he does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Welcome to this wonderfully crazy thread fletchb. Say, I have a question for you. Your last post was on 12/22/2003, prior to joining us here. Were you hibernating for a year or something?
    Hi Opps,
    I found Treo Central when the treo first came out late last year. Got lots of good help (rev b had problems) , etc and not sure why I was not around more. Just have many hobbies /interests and rotate between them.
    I came back looking for a better email client and stumbled apon "Chick's Corner" because of a search hit. Looked like a fun group of people here but then I saw the math puzzles and that got me "hooked" so to speak. So how about you? How did you find this place?

Regards,
    Fletch
    Alas: You admit doing it too.
    But more importantly, Tulip. If you ask questions and REQUEST that the answers are not be researched, I'd have admitted that on my OWN I couldn't have solved that problem.
    Actually, I am quite sure you would have solved it with a wee bit more patience! It certainly wasn't more complicated than chess!
    Actually, I am quite sure you would have solved it with a wee bit more patience! It certainly wasn't more complicated than chess!
    Patience! Patience! Chicks don't have patience ... just indecision. We still don't why she/he/it crossed the road ...

Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    its a bit like seinfeld - the thread about nothing
    We already have a thread fot that!

This is the thread for anything and it's probably in here somewhere!

You guyz know me too well
    I was crossing the road in a hope for a cool Treo 650, and it got me nowhere
    Well, actually, across the street, if you wish to be 100% accurate!

But heh, that's what we guys do, solve problems ...

fletchb, similarly I stumbled into this thread half unconscious and I never left. How can I? This thread is more addicting than crack!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    ACDragon, so glad to hear from you. Indeed your cultural enrichment seems highly educational
    Enjoy the fog but be-careful not to bump into virgins in it
    If Danish TV is any indication there are none of those there!

Back on orginal side of the ocean again...what time zone am I in anyway??

Very nice people in Denmark and The Netherlands. I highly recommend a visit there to all...especially if you like Fog.

Treo 600's in the airport sell for between 680 euro's and 880 Euros....What are they smoking over there....
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    You call the weather report, check a webcam, call somebody higher up...

Being in the clouds means (by definition of cloud vs. fog) that you are in the air. Therefore, you hope the pilot knows the answer... ask ACD how he does it.
    Clulup, I am clueless as to what the hell you just said up there! HuH?

Fog is a ground based obscuration...Clouds are not.

You can have Fog and Clouds. Once you climb out of the Fog there can be higher layers of clouds...

What's really cool though is climbing through the fog and bursting into bright Blue Skys! That's fun.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Clulup, I am clueless as to what the hell you just said up there! HuH?

Fog is a ground based obscuration...Clouds are not.

You can have Fog and Clouds. Once you climb out of the Fog there can be higher layers of clouds...

What's really cool though is climbing through the fog and bursting into bright Blue Skys! That's fun.
    If you are in the fog, how do you know there are clouds?

And, if you are flying in clouds, how do you know there is fog?