View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

    61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

    13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

    58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

    33 20.00%
Page 203 of 307 FirstFirst ... 103153193198199200201202203204205206207208213253303 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 6123
  1. #4041  
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchb
    Hi,

    I stumbled into this thread searching for an email client for my 600. Didn't even know this area existed !
    I was amazed at the range of subject matter. Are you guys Math professors, sex fiends or what in RL?

    I have a quick question please:

    What's up with the math problems and where are they coming from?
    I ask because I am trying to get back into school after being out for about 10 years. I have to take an admitance exam (gre) and have been struggling to relearn math (only for gre-won't ever need it if/when I get in). One of the recent questions seems to be lifted right out of the Princeton's study guide..only you guys tweaked it to make it harder than the Princeton guide. I got it right on the pratice exam, but not your question. So where are they coming from and do you take requests???? Thanks from frustrated older student to be (I hope)

    regards,
    Fletch
    Well, Fletch, this thread is sort of like dessert ... LBOE ... little bit of everything!

    Who knows where some of this stuff comes from ... although we have some really smart folks here ... stranger yet, they seem to have a sense of humor!

    You can make requests, however, you may get back something totally unexpected and that is what makes this so much fun.

    Welcome and enjoy! We look forward to hearing how going back to school pans out for you. For real and practical "knowledge" just keep coming back here!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  2. #4042  
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Chick- how can a teacher afford all those beautiful dresses? Did you cash-out your stocks?
    Dresses and boots are one thing ... but how does she afford all those gadgets?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  3. #4043  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Welcome to the AFLAC thread, fletchb! tjd414 summed up the flavor of this thread very well, but he neglected to mention one very important thing. ACDriver; a.k.a. GreenLizard or ACDragon, is the real mathematician in here (Tulip; a.k.a. clulup, pretends to be a scientist and a PhD but I think he has earned his degrees on yahoo.com). So when the GreenLizard his back from his trip to save European virgins, I am sure he'll post a substantially long report on mathematics for you, including some vital statistics and facts. He's not-for-nothing carries the nickname "Little Einstein" among mathematicians worldwide.
    And we should acknowedge your own contributions ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  4. #4044  
    Hey thanks for the welcome tjd414. I've been reading some of the older messages and it looks like this place is a hodgepodge of ideas..with an interesting cast of characters..i.e. an online soap opera of sorts.

    Cheers,
    Fletch


    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Well, Fletch, this thread is sort of like dessert ... LBOE ... little bit of everything!

    Who knows where some of this stuff comes from ... although we have some really smart folks here ... stranger yet, they seem to have a sense of humor!

    You can make requests, however, you may get back something totally unexpected and that is what makes this so much fun.

    Welcome and enjoy! We look forward to hearing how going back to school pans out for you. For real and practical "knowledge" just keep coming back here!
  5. #4045  
    Thanks for the welcome Chick-dance!
    So you are the math wiz...may I ask where you come of with these questions? One of them seemed right out of princeton review study guide.
    Oh and I will sure and submit my math questions to the dragon when he returns

    Regards,
    Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Welcome to the AFLAC thread, fletchb! tjd414 summed up the flavor of this thread very well, but he neglected to mention one very important thing. ACDriver; a.k.a. GreenLizard or ACDragon, is the real mathematician in here (Tulip; a.k.a. clulup, pretends to be a scientist and a PhD but I think he has earned his degrees on yahoo.com). So when the GreenLizard his back from his trip to save European virgins, I am sure he'll post a substantially long report on mathematics for you, including some vital statistics and facts. He's not-for-nothing carries the nickname "Little Einstein" among mathematicians worldwide.
  6. #4046  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Welcome to the AFLAC thread, fletchb! tjd414 summed up the flavor of this thread very well, but he neglected to mention one very important thing. ACDriver; a.k.a. GreenLizard or ACDragon, is the real mathematician in here (Tulip; a.k.a. clulup, pretends to be a scientist and a PhD but I think he has earned his degrees on yahoo.com). So when the GreenLizard his back from his trip to save European virgins, I am sure he'll post a substantially long report on mathematics for you, including some vital statistics and facts. He's not-for-nothing carries the nickname "Little Einstein" among mathematicians worldwide.
    Thinking about this, who really cares about math when there are virgin stories to be shared!

    Give 'em up ACD!!!!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  7. #4047  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Gosh, thanks....me speechless @ the moment
    I am a teacher in NYC and we get free access to a huge online library of math information.
    ENJOY your stay here
    Glad it's free as we definitely don't pay our teachers enough!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  8. #4048  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Thinking about this, who really cares about math when there are virgin stories to be shared!

    Give 'em up ACD!!!!
    Nothing gets you more Virgins than Math skills. That, and a treo on your holster. "It's for the ladies".
    I was heavily into math in High School and College, before I got my CS degree.
    I was even a "mathlete". Some of the problems I put up where the ones I remember. That's like 12 years ago, so I really don't remember too many but the tricky ones.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  9. #4049  
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    Nothing gets you more Virgins than Math skills. That, and a treo on your holster. "It's for the ladies".
    I was heavily into math in High School and College, before I got my CS degree.
    I was even a "mathlete". Some of the problems I put up where the ones I remember. That's like 12 years ago, so I really don't remember too many but the tricky ones.
    Got the Treo ... in my left front pocket ... the virgins like the vibrate feature!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  10. #4050  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I think your fish likes that feature much better...
    How'd you know???
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  11. #4051  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Wild guess…. I just know how much men admire their fish….LOL
    There's a picture floating around this site that proves it too!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  12. #4052  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Got the Treo ... in my left front pocket ...
    This reminds me of Mae West's famous quote "is that a gun in you pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  13. #4053  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    This reminds me of Mae West's famous quote "is that a gun in you pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
    Well, if Chickie keeps posting those avatars ... definitely not the gun!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  14. #4054  
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    Nothing gets you more Virgins than Math skills.
    I suspect the virgins you get because of math skills are probably virgins for a reason....
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  15. #4055  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I think your fish likes that feature much better...
    But... wouldn't the Treo stop working immediately in the aquarium water??
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  16. #4056  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Hi Fletch - feel free to put any math question to us all. As you might have noticed we like a challenge even if my maths is getting rusty.
    Well your math couldn't be too rusty as you solved the problem I was refering to:


    "Can I claim half the prize by giving a proper explanation?
    - by pythagorus AB = 5
    - by euclid etc angle ABE = angle CEB and angle EBC = angle EAB
    - hence triangle EBC is 4/5 size of triangle CBE
    - hence BC = 4/5 * 3
    - hence total area = 5 * 4/5 * 3 = 12"


    No way in *ell I would have got this one. I got to the pythagorus part then that was it. Do you guys do this sort of thing as part of your profession?

    ..Fletch
  17. #4057  
    OH ok that explains it. But FWIW, my sister is a public elementary school teacher (in AL) and she can't do even basic algebra

    ..Fletch




    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Gosh, thanks....me speechless @ the moment
    I am a teacher in NYC and we get free access to a huge online library of math information.
    ENJOY your stay here
  18. #4058  
    OK, here is a nice little problem for the weekend, not even involving math:

    You have got twelve (12) coins.
    They are all identical except for one which has a different weight, meaning one coin is slightly lighter OR heavier.

    You have a balance
    ...that thing with two "arms" where you can put weights on both sides and see wich side is heavier, like this:


    You can choose any combination of coins and weigh three (3) times.
    After weighing three times, you have to be able to tell which coin is the one with the different weight.


    Of course there is no trick involved, like finding out which coin has a different weight by testing by hand etc.

    Good luck!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  19. #4059  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Glad it's free as we definitely don't pay our teachers enough!
    Don't know about up north, but down in AL they also have to endure silly politics and other time wasters as well

    Fletch
  20. #4060  
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchb
    Don't know about up north, but down in AL they also have to endure silly politics and other time wasters as well

    Fletch
    Not up north ... I live in Hurricane Central!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad

Posting Permissions