View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 190 of 307 FirstFirst ... 90140180185186187188189190191192193194195200240290 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    It might have something to do with your avatar. Women.
    Yea. Women!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    And speaking of men and women....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Reporting live from the North Pole...
    I forget the sun never sets here. It makes me very hyper. I think I am going to hunt me a polar bear bear or something.
    Muziek, I am glad to hear that you are in cahoots with me. Once I am back in civilization we can negotiate a price for the lawsuit. I can't wait to sue that ChickenNoodleSoup for sending me here.
    Until I am back I am sending my regards to the guys at AFLAC. Keep the torch burning!
    Sorry to hear about the mixed-fortunes Oops. Hang in there mate, no doubt Muziek is working on a solution to be suitable for OUR needs (men, that is).
    Oops ... I would keep that torch burning for you, but Chick won't let me play with matches.

Oh wait, I could pretend I'm from England and get you what they call a torch. Good show, ole mate!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I just noticed that no one has answered my three baseball trivia questions. Hum….
    Baseball, isn't that the sport where not much happens most of the time, so that people have to entertain themselves with the statistics of every single player, and with the statistics of the most prominent players 50 or more years back?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    1.Match the player with his jersey number
    1. Reggie Jackson
    2. Ernie Banks
    3. Tom Seaver
    4. Babe Ruth
    5. Yogi Berra
    (a) 41 (b) 1 (c) 8 (d) 44 (e) 3
    I have issues with this question --

1. Reggie Jackson, #44 with the Yankees and #9 with the A's -- you didn't specify.

2. Ernie Banks, #14 with the Cubs -- not one of your choices.

3. Tom Seaver, #41 with the Mets -- did you also want his numbers from the Reds, White Sox and Red Sox?

4. Babe Ruth -- #3

5. Yogi Berra -- #8, the sign for infinity

Clarify your other questions and I will answer for you! BTW, will I still be receiving my red bikini and SI model?

3. Rank each player according to their highest number of home runs in a season:
    a. Hank Aaron
    b. Willie Mays
    c. Jimmie Foxx
    d. Roger Maris
    e. Babe Ruth
    I have issues with this question, as well ...

By position? By team? By league? As a lefty or righty? At home or away? Or, overall?

But overall:

Roger Maris, 61 in 1961 playing for the Yankees
    Babe Ruth, 60 in 1927 playing for the Yankees
    Jimmie Foxx, 58 in 1932 playing for the Phillies
    Willie Mays, 52 in 1965 playing for the Giants
    Hank Aaron, 47 in 1971 playing for the Braves

8.    #3788  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Baseball, isn't that the sport where not much happens most of the time, so that people have to entertain themselves with the statistics of every single player, and with the statistics of the most prominent players 50 or more years back?
    Yeah, ain't it great! Go Sox!!!!
    1. What is the world's most preferred flavor?
    chocolate
    vanilla
    strawberry
    pineapple
    chocolate? I think it depends which region of the world. The Americas HAS to be chocolate
    2. What were bathing caps invented to prevent?
    messing up hairstyles
    damage to follicles
    clogged drains
    scalp irritation
    From what I am told when I swim, clogged drains
    3. What kind of tree is most often struck by lightning?
    maple
    oak
    evergreen
    fir
    Oak. I'm guessing that's the tallest. I could be wrong..maybe an evergreen has more water inside and, therefore, is more 'attractive'? rambling, I know..
    4. What breed of dog bites the most humans?
    bulldog
    terrier
    German Shepherd
    poodle
    From my experience, I would say poodle. Cocker Spaniels seem the most.
    Bulldogs almost never bite, I think..
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    maple
    oak
    evergreen
    fir
    And how do you know the answer given in correct? Who counted the poor trees? Were innocent trees used for experiments?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Answering a question with a question?
    (Yes, I counted each tree personally.)
    What is wrong with answering a question with a question?
    1. What is the world's most preferred flavor?
    chocolate
    vanilla
    strawberry
    pineapple

2. What were bathing caps invented to prevent?
    messing up hairstyles
    damage to follicles
    clogged drains
    scalp irritation

maple
    oak
    evergreen
    fir

4. What breed of dog bites the most humans?
    bulldog
    terrier
    German Shepherd
    poodle
    I would have thought 1 was vanilla (I was told that once, but can't verify the source; it *was* true at the B&R I worked at many moons ago) and 3 was evergreen (cuz them puppies get awfully tall in some places, and they are about the only thing you see high on mountains where lightning likes to hang out and kill people). But at least one of those must be wrong (at least according to Chick).

--Mike
    evergreen isn't a species or a family of trees, it's much broader. So the tree question has to be evergreen.
    Animo et Fide
    i'm assuming evergreen isn't used differently in the usa? to me a fir is an evergreen, and a maple is deciduous.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    evergreen isn't a species or a family of trees, it's much broader. So the tree question has to be evergreen.
    Good point, I guess you are right. But the putative answer here is oak, since these trees are believed to grow more often isolated on hilltops where they are a better target for lightning. I doubt though anybody has ever finished a statistic on that. And how many were hit by lightning while collecting data?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    i'm assuming evergreen isn't used differently in the usa? to me a fir is an evergreen, and a maple is deciduous.
    Quite right.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Good point, I guess you are right. But the putative answer here is oak, since these trees are believed to grow more often isolated on hilltops where they are a better target for lightning. I doubt though anybody has ever finished a statistic on that. And how many were hit by lightning while collecting data?
    This is not true in my last 2 states (CO and CA). Thems all "evergreens" on them mountains. Hills have oaks, mountains have evergreens! :-)

I was a Mountain Search & Rescue guy for a few years. Where it was most dangerous (lightning-wise) was above where even the (short, twisted) pine trees could grow.

I am sure other parts of the world are different....

--Mike
    Back from the North Pole! On my way to NYC..... Yea!!!! (Right on time too since the Chicken is taking a bath; avatar...)
    -Michael Pritchard
    Well, putative ain't good enough for me! Especially as an oak in the right climate is evergreen anyway. :P
    Animo et Fide
    A young woman named Chick received a parrot as a gift.

The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. Chick tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else she could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, Chick was fed up and she yelled at the parrot.

The parrot yelled back. Chick shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. Chick, in desperation, threw up her hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. :menu:

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that she'd hurt the parrot, Chick quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto Chick's outstretched arms and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

Chick was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As she was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!