View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 188 of 307 FirstFirst ... 88138178183184185186187188189190191192193198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 6123
    Sorry, Chick-Dance... you are closest, but I don't see what you mean. Maybe because 1+1/2 pi is not 1.16? I would say the solution is acceptable without giving a number, but with a more accurate description. Why does one get back to where one started after walking 1 mile south, 1 mile east, and 1 mile north? Shall I post the solution?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    The answer is anywhere at all, as long as your camp is big enough!
    Animo et Fide
    Not everywhere, starting point=point in a geometrical sense (hence no area)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Every point on earth lies on some circle drawn around the South Pole... doesn't work this way.
    depends on which inning and who is leading.
    Usually 6, but on the 9th inning, when the home team is tied or winning, the minimum is 3, but could be 4, 5 or 6.
    That's probably wrong...gotta look up the rules now

edit: I always fail to clarify my points, so here it goes:
    home team is winning, no need for bottom of 9th. 3 outs
    teams are tied. bottom of the 9th(+ meaning 10th, or 11th..etc.). Home run, home team wins. 3 outs.
    teams are tied, bottom of 9+ inning...one out..home run, game. 4 outs
    teams are tied, bottom of 9+ inning..two outs..home run, game. 5 outs.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
  6.    #3746  
    What is the most number of pitches a player can see in at bat without swinging?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    3 balls and 3 strikes or 4 balls and two strikes. 6 pitches.
    Unless this is a trick question and a bunt attempt is not considered a swing.
    Then, wait..a bunt on strike two that fouls out is considered an out anyway, so I'll stay with 6.
    unlimited - if the pitcher is able to continuously glance foul balls off the batter's bat without the batter swinging
  10.    #3750  
    Foul balls count as swings. The answer still hasn't been said. :-)
    ok...I'll take another stab at it...maybe it is the definition of "at bat" or rule clarification. If he is in the batter's box, he is not at bat, right?. If he is, then zero.
    Otherwise, the one scenario I can think of is:
    what happens if I have a full count and then a runner gets picked off. Do I still continue to bat next inning? does the count reset? is it a new "at bat"?. if not, then 11. I really don't know the ruling on this. I am ashamed to say that my only knowledge is from video games. I have seen both scenarios played out in my long video game career, but I really don't know the real rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Tulip:
    Your camp could be anywhere on a circle 1 + 1/(2*pi*n) miles north of the south pole, where n is any positive integer. Google-Schmoogle!
    That's not really accurate, but an acceptable appoximation (it doesn't take into consideration the curvature of earth).
  13.    #3753  
    A batter can see 11 consecutive pitches without making contact.
    KypDurron was close but you are right. You can go to a full count (5 pitches) and then if a runner is picked off with two outs, when you get up next inning, it is the same at bat. You then go to a full count and then strike out or walk (11 total).
    KRamsauer, if I may choose my prize, I'd like to give Dr. Tulip a one-way plane ticket to the north pole!
    LOL ... why not send him all the way to Mars?
  15.    #3755  

Answer: White. If all the walls face south, the house is at the north pole, and the bear, therefore, is a polar bear.
    I think about this every time I listen to the Bon Jovi song "Bed of Roses" when he says "I'm so far away every step I take's on my way home." I'm such a dork. :-)
    Chick "borrowed" two strips of solid gold, each weighing 19.9 pounds, and is being chased by the NYC police. She arrives to a rope bridge with a sign saying that the it can hold a maximum weight of 129 pounds, and that if any more weight is placed on the bridge it will collapse.
    Chick knows her weight is 100 pounds, so she crosses the bridge with both gold strips, and the bridge does not break. Explain.
    Chick-Dance: I am extremely impressed by anyone being able to run away from the NYPD, and even more by any chick that is able to juggle close to 40 lbs worth of gold . By chick, I mean the bird, of course, not a derogatory of a lady. I myself, having an extremely overdeveloped upper body(my opinion, of course, comparing myself to other technerds) can barely juggle 2 5lbs weights.
    I have a question that probably only YOU can answer, chick-dance.
    Is the AFLAC Duck a ghost? not the actor, obviously, but the character?
    Very few people "hear" him, even if he is yelling at the top of his lungs.
    Almost no one can "see" him, and those that do, cannot believe they seem him and act as if they didn't.
    He seems to fly next to an airplane without being affected by turbulance AND much faster than any other duck out there.
    Ghost? superhero with invisible powers? or just one of those people with that kind of face that people just glance over?
    This was a test by a famous American Psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly. So before you google, give it a try:

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met this guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing, so much her dream guy she believed him to be just that! She fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister.
    Question: What is her motive in killing her sister?
    Apart from "how shall I know?", my first thought: as a detective, I'd have a look at the will of the mother...

My second thought: Don't know, ask Google.... seems to be a good sign.
    This was a test by a famous American Psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly. So before you google, give it a try:

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met this guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing, so much her dream guy she believed him to be just that! She fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister.
    Question: What is her motive in killing her sister?
    1) Her sister mentioned that the guy was hot and she got his number.
    2) She needed another funeral to hopefully see the guy again?

PS: Google should ONLY be used for political debates, not trivia.

Here are two that where asked of me when I interviewed at Microsoft:

1) Why is a manhole round?
    2) You borrow someone's digital alarm clock. You take it apart (since you seem to be the type of guy that likes to take things apart and see how they work).
    You put it back together and there is one gear left over. You don't have time to put take it apart again and put it together correctly, since the owner of the alarm clock is coming in 5 minutes. How do you test to see if it works correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    1)
    1) Why is a manhole round?
    2) You borrow someone's digital alarm clock. You take it apart (since you seem to be the type of guy that likes to take things apart and see how they work).
    You put it back together and there is one gear left over. You don't have time to put take it apart again and put it together correctly, since the owner of the alarm clock is coming in 5 minutes. How do you test to see if it works correctly?
    1) It can't fall through the hole.
    2) Digital clocks don't have gears.

Anybody gonna buy the 650? Or the I-Mate?

edit: MS can't still be using these questions can they? They are older then Chicken!!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite