View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 187 of 307 FirstFirst ... 87137177182183184185186187188189190191192197237287 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    "A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents."

How do you know both sons are sons of the same father? Or even, if the man who gave the first son 10 cents is his father?

Perhaps the "man" here is the muffin man?
    Do you know him?
    The one that lives on Drury Lane?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    You are correct...I originally thought it was like a 'man in the middle' thing. Granpda gives his son 15 cents to give to his grandson. Dad takes 5 cents out for <fill in blank here>. Gives his son 10 cents.
    It is time to have an intervention with dad for <fill in blank here>. I mean, come on..taking 5 cents from your own son? You got a MAJOR problem here.
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Or from a political perspective:
    One son gets 10cents, the other gets 15 cents.
    Time to pick this economy up! That's all you can afford to give your kids?
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    Or from a political perspective:
    One son gets 10cents, the other gets 15 cents.
    Time to pick this economy up! That's all you can afford to give your kids?
    Ok, I'll stop making fun of you guys, because your life is difficult enough as it is, according to the latest study by the British "Economist" on the quality of life in different countries (taking into consideration buying power, health, freedom, unemployment, family life, climate, political stability and security, gender equality and family and community life, etc.).

Guess who was first? No, not Switzerland, IRELAND. We were "only" second.

Among the first 10, only Australia was not a European country. The "good" news for the US is that altough they didn't make into the top ten, they are still quite a bit ahead of Germany, France and Great Britain.

http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/2/hi/europe/4020523.stm

TOP TEN COUNTRIES (Worldwide)
    1 Ireland
    2 Switzerland
    3 Norway
    4 Luxembourg
    5 Sweden
    6 Australia
    7 Iceland
    8 Italy
    9 Denmark
    10 Spain
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Well...I would love to live in New Zealand or Bahamas or Costa Rica. Once I have my millions, I will buy a house in those places. Colombia is amazing, but too dangerous to live there. Greece wasn't on the list? I think there is nothing better than the US, but it will be good to know where a good 'winter home' place where you get a lot for your dollar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Prizes are limited...there's a real answer to this one

*A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents.
    - What time is it?
    The answer I believe is contained on the actual post....The time stamp of the post shows 9:13 am. So assuming Chicken was on the East Coast of the U.S. when she posted the message the answer is 9:13 am.

Pay up Chicken.

"Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Prizes are limited...there's a real answer to this one

*A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents.
    - What time is it?
    The time is 7:10 pm now - really!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    OK Tulip. You are the one that insisted on making the point that the EU is a ONE-cohesive entity. Therefore you’d agree with me that your information is invalid. Group all the EU countries together and then compare them to the U.S. Otherwise, you can just choose one state in the U.S. and compare that one to Ireland, say Wisconsin for example.
    Hey, I din't make that list... please address complaints to the Economist!
    more on that 1:45 thing...I also figured out that it HAD to be PM, since kids are usually not getting money in the middle of the night. Also, it had to be in the US, since we are the only ones that use "quarters", as far as I know. Hence, the time zone differences in the US will give you the ranges.

Chick-Dance: Thank you for welcoming me to this thread (a little late to jump in). I will be the techie with too much time for my own good.
    The answer to your second trivia question is:
    BLACK, and not because it is pitch dark outside, but to absorb heat better (I think that's why they are black). However, you don't really know that the bear in question is black because of his/her fur, which is transparent, like glass, reflects light. At the Bronx Zoo, the bear has a green 'hue', which is caused by algea growing inside their hairs. The version stuffed at the Natural Museum of history @NYC is, of course, whitish.
    New Trivia:
    A house has four walls, and each wall is facing south. Each wall has a window . A bear strolls by one of the windows. What color is the bear?
    White ... but there's really no land at the North Pole...

Answer: White. If all the walls face south, the house is at the north pole, and the bear, therefore, is a polar bear.
    Actually, like I said, polar bears are black with transparent hairs. They only seem white, except in some zoos, where algea grows between their hairs and then seem to have a 'greenish hue'.
    duly noted. Polar was the key word. Here is another one:

Words that end in -gry. Hungry and Angry are two of them. There are three common words in the English language.
    What is the third word?
    The answer:
    1:45. The man gave away a total of 25 cents. He divided it between two people. Therefore, he gave a quarter to two.
    That may be the stupidest thing I have ever read Chicken!!

Let me ask you....Are you doing drugs?......then give me some!

Hi ACD, good to see you back...

Here's another one, not involving math (and also not a trick question which could make you hun-gry or even an-gry regarding language! ):

From your camp, you walk one mile south, one mile east, and one mile north. Then you are back in your camp from where you started. Where is your camp?

Now, from what was written above, one answer seems quite obvious...
    BUT (this is a large BUT): there are other possibilites, in fact, there is an indefinite number of possible places on earth where the camp could be - but where are those other places???
    Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron
    duly noted. Polar was the key word. Here is another one:

Words that end in -gry. Hungry and Angry are two of them. There are three common words in the English language.
    What is the third word?
    Language. Send the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Language. Send the prize.
    But I answered already in my last post... What is the prize anyway?
    2. Around the south pole. Meaning: You can start at any infinite number of points on the circle with a radius of a bit over a mile.
    Hmm.... can you be more specific? You could be on to something, but it does not sound really convincing so far....
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Hmm.... can you be more specific? You could be on to something, but it does not sound really convincing so far....
    I don't think you can "start at an infinite number of points at the North Pole". There is only ONE point that is the exact North Pole. You can however leave that one point in a very large number of different directions. I would have to think about whether that number of directions available are infinite. So once again Chicken is talking smack and she needs a spanking....any volunteers?

edit....okay I see that clulup was the one who postulated that the points were infinite....but nobody wants to spank clulup.........
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I don't think you can "start at an infinite number of points at the North Pole". There is only ONE point that is the exact North Pole. You can however leave that one point in a very large number of different directions. I would have to think about whether that number of directions available are infinite. So once again Chicken is talking smack and she needs a spanking....any volunteers?

edit....okay I see that clulup was the one who postulated that the points were infinite....but nobody wants to spank clulup.........
    The line starts here!

The answer was indeed "Language". As in there are three common words in "The English Language". I'm not sure what the prices should be....I think Chick-Dance owes me two prizes (well, maybe 1.5 since I never said 'Polar'). Can I just transfer my prize and a half over to the right guess?