View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 158 of 307 FirstFirst ... 58108148153154155156157158159160161162163168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Saw this t-shirt while flying around old sac yesterday and had to post it... too funny (to me)!
    LMAO!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    OK then, you'd be the judge...
    Finger lickin' good!
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Where does space start? Isn't that a strange question since earth and it's atmosphere are part of space, too? Don't we all consist of "space" (meaning we are made of atoms that are part of space)?
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Hmm...a philosophical rather than a scientific answer from a scientist?
    My, my, my, m00se, are you trying to say that scientists are, as a general rule, incapable of philosophical thoughts.....??? An awfully wrong prejudice, I would say!

Besides, my point was not philosophical at all. I was just pointing out reality.

What I found really cool in Chick-Dance's article is that there is a "UN Office for Outer Space Affairs". This must be where aliens have to apply for visa and the Men in Black work in reality.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    But, Tulip: For the sake of the recent competition in which a $10 million prize was offered, what you are saying is that the competitors did not have to leave the ground?
    In order to arrive in space, they would not have to leave the ground, because we already are in space. However, the target was, by definition, to fly higher that 100km, which they managed. I would see it as "temporarily leaving earth's atmosphere".

Hey, wouldn't that be a nice question of the week: What is the difference in gravitation between the surface of the earth and e.g. in an orbit 300 km above earth (Space Shuttle orbit)? Difference in percent is enough, the radius of earth is 6378 kilometers...

This is a question about high speed, so maybe ACDriver likes it?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    And I can't think of any reason on earth why I would waste my time figuring something like that out.

I was with a bunch of engineers once and one of the guys said, "I got one for you!" How long would a string be if you wrapped it around the equator ONE METER ABOVE THE GROUND!" The last part was said as if he had challenged the rest of the engineers to a drinking contest involving nudity and breaking stuff. And the other guys picked up this excitement, some of them tapping away on their calculators like they were AIMing Claudia Schiffer.

The winner was a guy who did the calculations in his head....he couldn't step over a dog without killing himself and the dog, but he could do math in his head AMAZing!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    ...I am waiting for the adoption papers to clear with the immigration office (I snuck into the US from Canada), and then Muziek will adopt me (ChickenNoodles has a cat already and he's very mean to street cats!). Once I am adopted I will be spending lots of time in her bedroom so my Treo's cam will be snaping, snapping, snapping. I promise to post some pictures here
    Regarding the adoption papers, Oops. The immigration and naturalization office has asked me to deport you back to Canada But, lucky for you, I work for money. If you come up with $743,300 by next weekend I might be able to work something out with the government. And regarding the "snapping, snapping, snapping" with your Treo: You use that phone in my bedroom one time and I am calling for "Lunatic," my neighbor's Doberman!
    Welcome to this thread Dee Zaster, gacajun, cellmatrix, tjd414 and scottymomo
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    And I can't think of any reason on earth why I would waste my time figuring something like that out.
    So you are one of those who think astronauts in orbit are weightless because there is no gravity where they are?
    So you are one of those who think astronauts in orbit are weightless because there is no gravity where they are?
    I'd sue him for thinking that!
    No, you big dummy. I know why they are "weightless" (which they are not since the reduction in weight by being in orbit is miniscule). It's because they are falling at the same speed as they are trying to fly away from earth...i.e. centripidal force equals their weight....or something like that....I can't be bothered to google something like that when I could be googling the latest news about the Treo 750 due out in June of next year! Whoo hooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    Hi Muzie
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    You mean you sue the pants off him, as you mentioned before....

BTW, I did NOT pay her for her post, just to clarify this!
    No, you big dummy. I know why they are "weightless" (which they are not since the reduction in weight by being in orbit is miniscule). It's because they are falling at the same speed as they are trying to fly away from earth...i.e. centripidal force equals their weight....or something like that....I can't be bothered to google something like that when I could be googling the latest news about the Treo 750 due out in June of next year! Whoo hooo!
    Ok, I feel relieved... well, maybe for you we should stick to questions of the week like

"There is a metallic voice coming from the direction of your instruments saying "CLIMB! - CLIMB! -CLIMB!" - What do you do next?
    Ok, I feel relieved... well, maybe for you we should stick to questions of the week like

"There is a metallic voice coming from the direction of your instruments saying "CLIMB! - CLIMB! -CLIMB!" - What do you do next?
    This one is easy!!!! Roll one hundred and eighty degrees and PUSH on the stick!!!

BTW, isn't it time you went to bed! You gotta work tomorrow you know!!
    I think I should get half the prize for finding the formula (attached).
    Well, I'm amazed!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Here's a question for you, where in the universe will you feel absolutely no gravity from the earth?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Here's a question for you, where in the universe will you feel absolutely no gravity from the earth?
    The trick answer is in the geographic center?....but that is not completely correct as you will be feeling a pull from "gravity" from all of the other "earth" atomic particles above/around you...they are all canceled by the pull on the "other" side of you though so they would be no net Earth gravitational pull.

I think that's right but it's 330 in the morning, I am having my first coffee and Treo 650 news is percolating.

Edit: On my way to refresh my coffee it occured to me it would be the center of mass, not the geograpich center which had no net gravitational pull. Coffee is my friend and loves me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    BTW, I love these kind of questions. They require an understanding of the principles of the universe around you, but don't require that you do friggin' math on your days off.!

So who's gonna buy a 650? I'm gonna. My wife thinks I am nuts. Well, actually she has come to accept that as my normal condition, but she has added "Smartphones" to the impressive list of evidence supporting her position that I am..... nuts.
    This one is easy!!!! Roll one hundred and eighty degrees and PUSH on the stick!!!
    I'd say: "Honey, not tonight, I have a headache..."
    I don't really get it. ACDriver says he pushes the stick, while Chick-Dance says she doesn't? Or does she?