View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 139 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143144149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I'd slap him too
    But ... but ACD told me Chicks *like* to be treated that way!
    I re-phrase that then Chick, if a Yank asked a Brit girl if she had a fanny pack he'd get a slap.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Of course I did that already... I don't know about Israel, but Switzerland comes in fifth regarding number of Nobel prizes. Not bad for a population of less than seven million native Swiss... www.suttontrust.com/reports/nobel.doc

Israel had five Nobel Prizes so far, so congrats to the two new ones!!! (Switzerland 22 )

If I remember correctly, Switzerland has about 3.5 times the Nobel prizes of the US when compared on a per capita basis.
    Very impressive clulup!
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Hey Chickie, 3-1 Yanks @ the Metrodome... Go Twins!
    -Mark Twain
    Hey m00se, kiss Chick's sister for me too
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    I should have examined your post more carefully. So ACD told you that, ha? And you trust his judgment? I mean, he's an expert on planes and parachutes and God-bless-us-all: fish! But chicks? Chicks to him are Food!!!
    I am not an expert at anything!

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....really!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Hey m00se, no winner in today's soccer game, so no chocolate for any of us... I suggest we wait for the next game (Switzerland-Israel) to see who has to send the chocolate across the ocean.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Hey m00se, no winner in today's soccer game, so no chocolate for any of us... I suggest we wait for the next game (Switzerland-Israel) to see who has to send the chocolate across the ocean.
    Sounds good. I know Chick is not big on chocolate anyway
    (What I find amazing is that all four teams -- Switzerland, Ireland, French and Israel -- are all tied with 5 points each!)
    -Mark Twain
    OK gang. With all of that intense-hoopla surrounding the elections-related threads on TC (which drives crazy so I stopped reading them!), here's something refreshing. And since Chick started her math problem of the week, I'll give her all the credits

So here's a question (clulup, I hope you've got your calculator with you):

Juice is being poured into a cylindrical glass which has a radius of two inches. The height of the glass is three times the radius, and the depth of the juice in the glass is changing at a rate of half an inch per second.
    How much juice can the glass hold, and at what rate is the volume increasing?
    -Mark Twain
    75.36 in³
    6.28 in³/s

Using 3.14 for pi as the treo calc doesn't have it stored!
    Animo et Fide
    If we're on simple probs here's one with an engineering bent:
    A pipe has an outside diameter of 30 mm and an inside diameter of 28 mm. How much stress is placed on the pipe by a force of 20 Newtons in line with the axis?
    If the total length of the pipe is 1000 mm and a strain of 1 mm is produced what is the Young's Modulus of the material?
    Animo et Fide
    Here's another fun one for this newly renamed thread

The conjecture that all odd numbers are the sum of three odd primes is called the "weak" Goldbach conjecture. Vinogradov (1937ab, 1954) proved that every sufficiently large odd number is the sum of three primes (Nagell 1951, p. 66; Guy 1994), and Estermann (1938) proved that almost all even numbers are the sums of two primes. Vinogradov's original "sufficiently large" was subsequently reduced to by Chen and Wang (1989). Chen (1973, 1978) also showed that all sufficiently large even numbers are the sum of a prime and the product of at most two primes (Guy 1994, Courant and Robbins 1996).

A stronger version of the weak conjecture, namely that every odd number can be expressed as the sum of a prime plus twice a prime has been formulated by C. Eaton. This conjecture has been verified for (Corbit).

Other variants of the Goldbach conjecture include the statements that every even number is the sum of two odd primes, and every integer the sum of exactly three distinct primes. Let R(n) be the number of representations of an even number n as the sum of two primes. Then the "extended" Goldbach conjecture states that

where is the twin primes constant (Halberstam and Richert 1974).

An equivalent statement of the Goldbach conjecture is that for every number m, there are primes p and q such that

where is the totient function (e.g., Havil 2003, p. 115). (This follows immediately from for p prime.) Erdos and Moser have considered dropping the restriction that p and q be prime in this equation as a possibly easier way of determining if such numbers always exist (Guy 1994, p. 105).
    This is SO easy, m00ser: 12 inch!
    Not even close Chickie. (I do understand that connotation though)
    -Mark Twain
    Palmaddicts is an excellent website, lots of good links and stuff on it. One thing though concerns me, one of the associate writers, a woman called Jan, her only contribution seems to be to post pics of her cat taken with her treo 600. A friend of mine, a few years ago said - " never trust a woman who takes pictures of her cat" and you know what ?? He was right
    Just saw the Aflaaaaaaaaac TV commercial during the half-time football game. Now every time I see those commercials they remind me of this thread and our Chick
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    Aflaaaaaaaaaaaac
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    75.36 in³
    6.28 in³/s

Using 3.14 for pi as the treo calc doesn't have it stored!
    1. To find the volume of the glass:
    V = (pi)(r^2)h with r = 2 and h = 6
    2. To find the rate of change I believe the formula is this:
    V = 4(pi)h
    dV/dt = 4(pi)dh/dt
    dh/dt = 1/2.
    clulup, any thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
    -Mark Twain
    m00se, it looks very ok to me... or is there something I missed, too?

The solution is not unexpected from a metalurgist, but from a pretty blonde??? She must be a hell of a chicken!

Isn't this thread surprising? We discover blonde chicken with political and mathematical brains and pilots with math allergies... (I will not metion any names here for the sake of privacy ).

I wonder whether it is always the co-pilot who has to make sure they have enough fuel for the flight?

Or did he start flying only after the computers took over all the math?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    m00se, it looks very ok to me... or is there something I missed, too?

The solution is not unexpected from a metalurgist, but from a pretty blonde??? She must be a hell of a chicken!

Isn't this thread surprising? We discover blonde chicken with political and mathematical brains and pilots with math allergies... (I will not metion any names here for the sake of privacy ).

I wonder whether it is always the co-pilot who has to make sure they have enough fuel for the flight?

Or did he start flying only after the computers took over all the math?
    Basting would make her a hell of a chicken. That or slow cooking with some potatoes and carrots, a bit of rosemary and garlic and just a dash of white wine.

Many people are under the mistaken impression that you need to be a math wiz to be a pilot. This myth is promulgated by sadistic math teachers who struggle to find a reason for their existence.

"Pay Attention!" they squawk, like Chicken Little, "Pay Attention! This is important! You think you don't need these concepts in real life?? Well, you’re wrong!! Johnny, leave Tanya alone and answer this question. What do you want to be when you grow up?" Johnny, "I want to be a pilot and make lots of money, fly to exotic places and spend time with lots of really attractive women with loose morals."

Ancient One, "See! A perfect example! Johnny, do you know what math skills are needed to fly these multi-million dollar aircraft around!? Do you!!??" Johnny, "Well, actually, yes. You see my Uncle Johnny; I call him Uncle Johnny because my Mom said to call him that, but only when my Dad is around. You know, I never thought about it before but I look just like my Uncle Johnny and nothing like my Dad, hmm, I need to think about that.

Anyway, my Uncle Johnny told me that you only need to know how to do multiplication and be able to interpolate values...all simple math skills which I learned in the first grade. The rest of this crap is for engineers and the like who sit in dingy offices with other smelly men and the only time they get to go to cool places is on Holiday, and then they have to take their fat wives and noisome children...yuck!

So I am cool with the math I got and therefore I can go back to what I was doing which was trying to get Tanya, who is looking hot today sitting next to me, to come over to my house after school and check out my new SR-71 flight program on my "laptop" ;-)"
    Gosh, I am speechless
    A condition that Mr. Dance no doubt prays for every day.