View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 127 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137177227 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Tulip, I suggest Romeo and Juliet
    You think I haven't read that??? Try again...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Ender's Game is good, it's part of a trilogy isn't it? I know Speaker For The Dead followed on anyway.
    Animo et Fide
    if you want something a bit heavier \
    Animo et Fide
    if you want something a bit heavier try Stasiland. Excellent piece of journalism. (also by a woman Chick)
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Ender's Game is good, it's part of a trilogy isn't it? I know Speaker For The Dead followed on anyway.
    I could very well be wrong here, but I think Speaker for the Dead was originally published as a short story (or at least conceived by the author) first. Then Ender's Game expanded on the Speaker for the Dead concept.

I actually just finished Ender's Game as an audio book from Audible.com on my Treo 600. It was fun to listen to while doing work around the house.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    If you fancy some good old-fashioned sci-fi try John Wyndham. He wrote lots of really good stuff
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    'Brothers don't shake hands....Brothers gotta hug'
    LOL

I don't think that is mudd on your shoes...
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Unfortunately I have a five-track mind and each track is pulling elsewhere...
    Mine's an eight track mind...
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Thanks a lot, heberman, Chick-Dance and PeterBrown, I will look into those books! Now, Chick-Dance, regarding Margaret Atwood's "The Blind Assassin" - don't you think this could be a bit too complicated for me? After all, I am only a man... are you sure I can handle it?

And you are not trying to ruin my vacation are you ? Because the New York Times Book review wrote: "In THE BLIND ASSASSIN, overlong and badly written, our first impressions of the dramatis personae prove not so much lasting as total....[T]he two parts of Atwood's big new book feel like separate projects that have been soldered together rather than thematically connected. Worse still, nothing in either part gives a reader much desire to forge connections through inference."

However, the Washington Post Book World noted:
    "For three days I could hardly put the book aside. Still, the novel sometimes verges close to the sentimental and often sounds like a pastiche of period writers....As for craftsmanship, the plot miters are perfect (though only the obtuse will fail to guess the two big revelations in the final pages)"

Do you think the first review was written by a man and the second by a woman...?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Do you actually own 8-track? I think that was invented before I was born
    It was b4 my time to... but not my car's
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Do you actually own 8-track? I think that was invented before I was born
    I think they stopped selling them before you were born!
    Mike, I think even the Treo 180 was sold before Chick was born
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Hey Chicken, I have heard rumors that you are good at chess... don't miss the classical World Championship, Kramnik vs. Leko (Currently in Brissago, a nice little island on a nice lake in southern Switzerland - though it doesn't beat Cape May, I bet).

Kramnik, 29 years old, won the first game with black against Leko, 25 - the first time this happend in many years, if I remember correctly (just bragging, I read it in the newspaper).
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
    I have a good imagination, and I am a good manager, but I can't seem to manage imagining that.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
    I imagine I would if a could...
    Strictly speaking there aren't any hypothetical situations or they wouldn't be hypothetical, so - yes!
    Animo et Fide
    This sounds like when I was imagining what Chick-Dance looked like. That's hypothetical? Oh, does that mean Chick-Dance just really meddled with my imagination? Or is that hypothetical, too?
    Tulip your link doesn't work for me. Hum....
    I imagine it works now... Sorry!

(BTW, the link is no big deal, just a lyrics I like)