View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

    61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

    13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

    58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

    33 20.00%
Page 121 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 6123
  1. #2401  
    I have noticed that green stuff too!! Irritating as hell, since they put it right where you walk in! That stuff is gross! It's all been lying on the ground or up in trees where birds can **** on it!

    I am sticking with good old canned goods that have never seen the light of day. Spam is a wonderful product.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  2. #2402  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    The pet food aisle is three times as large as the Hispanic, Mexican and Oriental sections combined.
    I think that's because most dogs in America speak english
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. #2403  
    ACD, I take offense to what you have said about pets like me. If people go hungry in the US you need to blame your politicians not us, pets.
    And Claire, that's a funny comment
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  4. #2404  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    It's prob best if you keep it cool clulup, or even in the fridge.
    Ok, here the results of my testing:

    Background: I won British chocolate from PeterBrown because Roger Federer won against Tim Henman.

    PeterBrown is an English gentleman: there is no way he will be slow about clearing his gambling debts. The chocolate was in Switzerland in no time.

    The specimen consisted of 200 grams of Cadbury Dairy Milk Whole Nuts. Cadbury is a British company that is NOT (yet) owned by Swiss food giant Nestlé. The chocolate was stored (according to the recommendation of the manufacturer) in a cool, dry place for 36 hours in order to let it settle after the long journey.

    Then it was opened by the tester (me) in a state which can be described as not stuffed, but not hungry either (in order to rule out artefacts resulting from the conditions mentioned). The chocolate was broken into pieces of about one square centimeter and, well, eaten.

    The result: To my surprise, the chocolate was quite acceptable. Not really bad, at least. Well, to be totally honest, it was quite good. Good, if you want. Ok, I admit it, it was good. ALMOST as good as Swiss chocolate of a similar type, pretty close even, maybe....

    I have to admit, I did not expect this, so I did some research, and found this:
    Cadbury at a glance:"Our heritage starts back in 1783 when Jacob Schweppe perfected his process for manufacturing carbonated mineral water in Geneva, Switzerland. " Of course you can argue that it seems unlikely that the Schweppes part of Cadbury, which deals with beverages, has an influence on the quality of the Cadbrury chocolates, but I, for one, believe it nevertheless. It sort of helps me to maintain the way I see the world of chocolate.

    Anyway, thanks a lot for the chocolate, PeterBrown!!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  5. #2405  
    clulup, didn't Columbus discover the cocoa beans and introduced it to Europe? And why is that Switzerland (as you claim) have the best chocolate? And what is the most expensive chocolate I can buy in Switzerland?
  6. #2406  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    clulup, didn't Columbus discover the cocoa beans and introduced it to Europe? And why is that Switzerland (as you claim) have the best chocolate? And what is the most expensive chocolate I can buy in Switzerland?
    Some of the best and most expensive chocolate is made in NYC
    http://www.chocolate.org/choclove/choctaste.html
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. #2407  
    I like Godiva. It's not Swiss
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #2408  
    They make Cadbury in Birmingham in a place called Bournville. When it was built by Mr Cadbury, Bournville was on the outskirts of Birmingham. I lived near there when I went to Uni so I can tell you that because Mr Cadbury was a Quaker there are no pubs or off-licences in Bournville. The only places that can sell alcohol are private members clubs. Because the Cadbury colours are white and purple even the train station there is painted white and purple (which is quite strange for anyone English, it's like stepping into a choclate bar). Cadbury's used to use local schoolboys to test out new chocolates, one of those schoolboys was Roald Dahl which was how he got the idea of Charlie and the Chocolate factory.
    Glad you liked it Clulup
    Animo et Fide
  9. #2409  
    some of the best humble pie is also made in the US, at Oakhills, Detroit I believe...
  10. #2410  
    Thought you might be a fan of the Scottish Game, Murray.
    I find it even harder to get entusiastic about than Rugby, but I'm glad we put one over on the Yanks
    Animo et Fide
  11. #2411  
    And why is that Switzerland (as you claim) have the best chocolate?
    I don't know why. It is just a fact of life...
    And what is the most expensive chocolate I can buy in Switzerland?
    How shall I know how much money you have?

    Besides, Muziek, more expensive is not always better.... You and your obsession with money!!!!! When will you finally start ENJOYING the REAL life?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  12. #2412  
    Okay, I am not a chocoholic. It's good, I like it once in a while....but check this out. Ignore the name... But look at the picture of the strawberry and the choco fountain.

    I think I need to investigate this chocolate thing a little more closely...lol

    http://www.thechocolatechick.com/Index.html
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  13. #2413  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Yea Eat that, Mr. ChocolateManTulip
    Eat that?

    "New Yorkers have the luxury of choosing among bars of perfectly plain chocolate containing 60 percent, 72 percent or 85 percent cocoa mass, the pure, unsweetened content of the cocoa bean. Fanatics are devoted to Michel Cluizel's super-bitter Noir Infini, which is 99 percent pure cocoa mass, even though 85 percent is considered the upper limit of palatability for most mortals."

    Sounds a bit like thinking wine with 25, 30 or 40 percent of alcohol is better than 12 percent or so...

    Anyway, the article mentioned is interesting (http://www.chocolate.org/choclove/choctaste.html). It reminds me of people who, after having discovered that there is more to coffee than the strange brew they have been drinking so far, think they have just invented the coolest thing since baked bread, while in fact they have scarcely arrived at a barely acceptable standard when compared to fully civilized nations...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  14. #2414  
    The article also claims Cadbury chocolate is 'gritty', not to my way of thinking it isn't. After your recent experience would you claim it's gritty, Clulup?
    Animo et Fide
  15. #2415  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Sounds a bit like thinking wine with 25, 30 or 40 percent of alcohol is better than 12 percent or so...

    You mean it's NOT better???

    Alcohol content is the main reason I serve EverClear at all my parties..... well, that and the nudity.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  16. #2416  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    The article also claims Cadbury chocolate is 'gritty', not to my way of thinking it isn't. After your recent experience would you claim it's gritty, Clulup?
    I buy the stuff in bulk and use it on my home woodworking projects. I find the Easter stuff to be perfect for a wonderful finish when working with a nice soft wood like pine.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  17. #2417  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    The article also claims Cadbury chocolate is 'gritty', not to my way of thinking it isn't. After your recent experience would you claim it's gritty, Clulup?
    I believed they claimed it to be "industrial" chocolate
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18. #2418  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    The article also claims Cadbury chocolate is 'gritty', not to my way of thinking it isn't. After your recent experience would you claim it's gritty, Clulup?
    Not gritty at all... it was good!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  19. #2419  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I believed they claimed it to be "industrial" chocolate
    Quite right, and gritty. It was the gritty bit I was objecting to.
    Animo et Fide
  20. #2420  
    'Gritty' isn't a matter of taste, it's a matter of texture
    Animo et Fide

Posting Permissions