View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 118 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    This is when I say: Thank Goodness I am Not a Man. I mean, carrying a 12-inch (fish, right?) around must be very painful...
    Personally I wouldn't know. But, I think it depends on the state of the fish. If it's a quiescent fish then it's not a problem. But if it's an excited fish it could be a problem. You know squirming around trying to get out of where ever it is.

Also the type of fish could change whether it was a problem or not. For instance if it was a Bone Fish (Abula Vulpes) or an American Sand Lance (Ammodytes Hexapterus) it could be problematic. Especially if you were in Church. However if it were just a Weakfish (Cynoscion Regalis) your may not have a problem transporting it, but other problems may, or may not, arise.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    ACD: I had no idea you are a fish expert...
    Fish is almost a religion for me. I don't believe in God but I believe in fish. I am a fishthiehist.
    In Ms. Chick’s class the students have recently set up a 10-gallon aquarium. Once they have set it up, they began choosing fish. The expert at the local pet store says that the norm is 1 inch of fish for each gallon of water in the tank.
    So far we’ve purchased 7 inches of fish. If we purchased fish whose lengths are whole inches, how many different combinations of fish sizes could we have?
    Bonus: Do some research on "partitions of integers" (don’t be alarmed: I am not good at this…). and see if you can find how many ways we could get 10 or even 12 inches of fish.
    For 7 inches of fish, there are 15 possible combinations.
    Bonus: For 10 inches of fish, there are 42 possible combinations.
    For 12 inches of fish, there are 77 possible combinations.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Fish is almost a religion for me. I don't believe in God but I believe in fish. I am a fishthiehist.
    Now I understand the term "It smells like fish"...
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    carrying around 12 inches of fish isn't the problem for me, it's the 12 gallons of water I have the problem with. It's no wonder I have backache
    Animo et Fide
    Although I suppose I could lighten the load considerably by making them American gallons instead of British.
    What is an American gallon? Here a pint is 20 fl oz and a gallon is 8 pints.

Edit: I went and looked on Wikipedia, seems you guys have different fluid ounces as well. Weirdos! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    For 7 inches of fish, there are 15 possible combinations.
    Bonus: For 10 inches of fish, there are 42 possible combinations.
    For 12 inches of fish, there are 77 possible combinations.
    There is something fishy here. Did you copy that from my answer?

Here are the numbers for all fish combinations from 1 to 15 inches:
    1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 15, 22, 30, 42, 56, 77, 101, 135, 176 - Ha!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    What is an American gallon? Here a pint is 20 fl oz and a gallon is 8 pints.
    Edit: I went and looked on Wikipedia, seems you guys have different fluid ounces as well. Weirdos!
    Ha, ha, ha, PeterBrown is trying to pull our leg!! Who would ever use a system as complicated as that?!!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Hey Murrayalex, here some interesting results from Glasgow University:
    "Dear Diary: the experts tell me you could be bad for my health".

"The results showed that those who kept a diary recorded greater levels of anxiety and somatic symptoms such as headaches, feeling run down and aches and pains. On top of this, those who reread their entries reported even higher levels of anxiety and distress."

However, it is not known yet whether the writing of a diary causes the problems, another explanation could be that people with health problems more often write diaries... quite surprising results anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Ha, ha, ha, PeterBrown is trying to pull our leg!! Who would ever use a system as complicated as that?!!!
    I can never get my head around the American way of quoting weights in pounds, as in 'I weigh 200 pounds'. Why can't they just say 14 stone 4?
    (There are 14 pounds in a stone Clulup, and 16 ounces in a pound)
    Just discovered another variation between British and US Imperial units, a hundredweight here is 112 pounds, in the US it's 100 pounds, although it only persists in the building trade here.
    If you think that's complex have a read about our currency pre-1971.
    I hope Chick doesn't start bringing in more complexity to her questions, she may get completely different answers from me than she was expecting!
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I can never get my head around the American way of quoting weights in pounds, as in 'I weigh 200 pounds'. Why can't they just say 14 stone 4?
    (There are 14 pounds in a stone Clulup, and 16 ounces in a pound)
    No joke???

Methinks in that case I have to pay more tribute to the elegance and simplicity of the measuring system of continental Europe. I mean, basically we only have the meter (about three feet), all the rest is deduced from that:

Volume: One liter is the cube of one tenth of a meter.
    Weight: One kilogram is the weight of one liter of pure water.

All the rest is just a multiple of meters/kilograms/liters, e.g. one kilometer obviously is 1000 meters (kilo=1000), one millimeter obviously is 1 meter divided by 1000 (milli=1/1000).

Temperatures: 0 degrees Celsius: the freezing temperature of water,
    100 degrees Celsius: the boiling temperature of water.

How easy life can be!
    The Imperial system did have its benefits, though currently we use a mix of the Imperial and the Metric system. One benefit is that the numbers used have multiple factors - so it's easy to work out that an eighth of a gallon is a pint for example or express things naturally in fractions. It's not that easy to do those kind of 'human friendly' calculation using litres or other metric units.
    I remember reading an article about how the kilogram is a very poorly defined unit, the official kilogram is a block of metal in Paris that is weighed once or twice a year to calibrate laboratories instruments, not a litre of water!
    Animo et Fide
    doesn't mean you have to keep it! we haven't
    Animo et Fide
    2,209 Phd's is of course 1 Chick-Dance in Imperial Units.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Hey Murrayalex, here some interesting results from Glasgow University:
    "Dear Diary: the experts tell me you could be bad for my health".

"The results showed that those who kept a diary recorded greater levels of anxiety and somatic symptoms such as headaches, feeling run down and aches and pains. On top of this, those who reread their entries reported even higher levels of anxiety and distress."

However, it is not known yet whether the writing of a diary causes the problems, another explanation could be that people with health problems more often write diaries... quite surprising results anyway.
    all very interesting but I can't recall mentioning that I write a diary...because I don't...are you confusing me with someone else perhaps !!??
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    all very interesting but I can't recall mentioning that I write a diary...because I don't...are you confusing me with someone else perhaps !!??
    I didn't expect you to write a diary (you seem to be of a quite healthy nature ), I just referred to you because the research was done in Scotland, where you obviously come from. Sorry for the confusion!
    Almost missed this post ACD. Gosh, it's dangerous to laugh when you have a cold...
    eeeuwwwww Grosss! Did boogers shoot out your nose! Don't tell me!! >gag >gag

You didn't get snot on your Treo did you? DON"T TELL me...grosss. uck....
    Well, I have a journal, not a diary
    Almost missed this post ACD. Gosh, it's dangerous to laugh when you have a cold...
    See, you are the living proof that not only diaries, but also journals are risky! Forget that stuff, focus on the fun of TC!
    ...much to the relief of my friends and family.
    Mike, why are your friends and family relieved that chick is now clean? Is there something we don't know?
    Animo et Fide