View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 114 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I would rather be good for nothing then a good at nothing...so I must be good at one thing even though I am good for nothing...HEY!!! I too can be a politician....
    Or a lawyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    What a pleasant surprise: Muziek has time to visit TC!
    I don't! Bye. See ya tonight Chic!
    Chicken, if the man your with is only good at one thing you should find a new man. ;-)
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    ouch...she strikes fast and moves on just like a rabid jackrabbit...
    PB, I don't think it's a one to one value cost $ to £. It seems to make a big difference what your buying. If it's electrical it seems to me that whoever is setting the prices must be under the impression that electricity is still a new discovery and people will pay a premium for this new technology. Consequentially I wouldn't buy a calculator here....never mind a computer. Ditto for autos.

Food and drink seems to be around a $1.00 value costs 80p.

That's it from Mr. Travel till tomorrow when I stay in a hotel with electricity!j arghhhhh! a lightbulb burnt out in my room and blew the whole room circuit! I feel like a smoker in a hay barn everytime I plug something in!
    well you have to remember VAT (value added tax), 17.5% tax. This applies to all purchases not deemed essential. So computers etc. cost 17.5% more automaX
    Animo et Fide
    and get 20% vat?
    Animo et Fide
    All the politico's need to go in a VAT...that ends the taxes and that is the end of VAT...
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    and get 20% vat?
    Why so high, PB? Is the British taxation process inherently wrong? Or Europe's for that matter? Here in the US the buzz word is "lower taxes".
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    We like our public services too much Oops, we have universal healthcare and unemployment benefits and pensions. As well as public transport and stuff. Besides that there is more appetite for indirect rather than direct taxation. Trust me, there is no way a politician in eT
    Animo et Fide
    no way a (successful) politician in europe would suggest people should pay health insurance rather than getting universal healthcare.
    Animo et Fide
    9/11. Sobering. Solemn.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    We like our public services too much Oops, we have universal healthcare and unemployment benefits and pensions. As well as public transport and stuff. Besides that there is more appetite for indirect rather than direct taxation.
    Well, I though you were complaining about high tax
    In any event, PB, I do think that the verdict isn't out yet on what should the politicians do with taxes. I wish we had something like the universal healthcare you mention and I'd be willing to pay more tax for it. Obviously we have unemployment benefits and pensions in the US as well. I suppose there are pros and cons in every political system, so why can't we combine only the pros?
    -Michael Pritchard
    PeterBrown, looks like I will get the chance of tasting some British chocolate? Federer won.... Do you want to send the chocolate by email or by PM?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    9/11. Sobering. Solemn.
    Agree... never enough of this.
    Wow, additional voting:

"Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin' " still leading the pack by five and "You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram! " and "Ha?.. " neck to neck. And I think "Let me sleep on it first, Chicky " took to sleeping behind literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Heavy security - most main roads have soldiers every 100m or so and entrance to main buildings have to get car searched eg with mirror
    jpahl, do they know you have a camera phone (assuming you have a 600) and do they care? I would be interested to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    jpahl, do they know you have a camera phone (assuming you have a 600) and do they care? I would be interested to know.
    Me too!
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Maybe the Treo 650 will end that bad rap on the cam's quality. Or is it only screen resolution the 650 is improving?
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    I have to make a correction. My friend Chick has made a tiny error explaining the “prize” scenario. I have agreed to show ACD around (building, office, street vendors, coffee shops). But only to ACD (nothing personal guys. Honest!)
    Back to work.
    I am back from England, and I have reconfirmed that it is not my favorite place. Too expensive and it seems like I am visting my Grandparents again. Everything works there, but it's slow, it's easy to break and it's expensive. Does that make sense?

Muzie, I don't know when I will be able to collect my prize tour of buildings, office, street vendors, coffee shops. But I will put on my list of things to do!! Thanks for the offer!