View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 113 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    too bad GPS doesnt work indoors..
    True. I didn't think of that because unless you live in the palace of Brunei, you don't really need GPS indoors. Well, maybe she has a servant or two who can act as a guide.

OTOH one should also mention that her uncle, the sultan's brother, has lost a few billion dollars of the familiy fortune due to bad investments. He also spent about one million US$ for his personal pleasure - one million per day of course, over a period of 10 years. So they are not THAT rich any more...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Culup, I prefer to believe our long ago departed Eva sang Somewhere with more heart, soul, and depth of spirit then anyone ever has or will. It will someday become her legacy. She was a true diamond and sad her time came too early...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Define "fellow Swiss." Do you mean you personally know her? Her husband? Her family? Do all ‘Swissers’ know their fellows?
    I go for definition number 3 in Merriam Webster: "a member of a group having common characteristics". In this case, the common characteristic is having a Swiss mother (in my case also the father is Swiss, so the common characteristics are quite small in number).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    C-D, try the extended/live version, you feel Janis is in the room with you...
    C-D, are you in the music field?
    Clulup, fancy a wager on Henman/Federer later on today? Henman has won 6 of their 8 meetings, though Federer won the last one. I bet you, a bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk against a bar of a Swiss Choc of your choice . The loser has to go and buy a chocolate bar made in the opponent's country and so contribute to the balance of exports . Can you get Cadbury or other British chocolate there?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Clulup, fancy a wager on Henman/Federer later on today? Henman has won 6 of their 8 meetings, though Federer won the last one. I bet you, a bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk against a bar of a Swiss Choc of your choice . The loser has to go and buy a chocolate bar made in the opponent's country and so contribute to the balance of exports . Can you get Cadbury or other British chocolate there?
    British Chocolate in Switzerland? Well, to be honest, I am not really sure British Chocolate would sell well here, it would be maybe a bit like - hmm, selling wine from Sweden in France? But anyway, why don't you send me some English chocolate in case Federer wins, I'll send you Swiss chocolate in case Henman wins... deal?

They will play tomorrow (Saturday)
    lol, cheeky sod! British chocolate is different from Swiss, not inferior.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    And the winner is.............. ACD
    His answer couldn't be further away from being correct as Jupiter is from earth, but he was the most creative (albeit disturbed) of anyone. And as all good (giving myself credit, sorry) teachers do: They reward creativity! Yup
    (A note to ACD regarding your prize: Sometimes, when no one is looking, and the drapes cover her office windows, and the light is dim, and it is very quiet, you could see Muziek.....humm....smiling)
    This is an outrage, Chickie. And I say with love I still maintain that my answer was the correct one. (Although ACD would probably enjoy his visit to NYC and a quality time with the lawyer. Ha!)
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    This is an outrage, Chickie. And I say with love I still maintain that my answer was the correct one. (Although ACD would probably enjoy his visit to NYC and a quality time with the lawyer. Ha!)
    Did you calculate that on a Mac, m00se? Apart from that, you already had your weekend with Muziek, didn't you?!
    lol, cheeky sod! British chocolate is different from Swiss, not inferior.
    Yeah, sure, that's why British chocolate is famous all over the world. I am sure the British have other things for which they are famous for, like... well, there must be SOMETHING? Tea maybe? Yorkshire Pudding?

So deal or no deal, or do you want to wait until after the match? I can tell you how the British chocolate is once I get it from you.
    The british chocolate industry revolves more around bars with fillings rather than pure chocolate like the swiss. There are certainly fewer premium brands but probably more 'everyday' brands. In the eventuality of a british win what type of choc do you want? Premium or more typical?
    Animo et Fide
    Oh sorry, you reversed the bet, ok I accept.
    Animo et Fide
    what did I win Chicken? :-)

So I win, super! But what did I win? Your description seems to either describe a dark photo or an actual meeting with Muzie. I can't decide which.

It begs the question though what kind of friend are you that you would offer a date with your friend as a prize for a dumb contest. ;-) I believe only muziek has the right to decide who to go out with. Should she decide to go out on a date wih me only would confirm her excellent taste, but it would be her decision only. Well, hers, and mine, and my wife's.

Short story. I am sitting in a bar with a flight attendant. The music was loud as hell. My cell phone rings. I answer. It's my wife. She says, "How's the trip going? Is the music loud enough there, jeez" I answer, "I am in a str&e joint with a flight attendant. She says, "Which one? Liz? Tell her I said "Hi" . Now, the reason I called is the pump for the pool quit. Where's the breaker for that?"

See! Where's the excitment in an illicit meeting if your wife won't even take the bait and run with it a bit. :-D

The boat show was amazing. So MUCH money.

England is bloody expensive! The exchange rate sucks. Food, hotels, taxis, electronics, books are all overpriced IMHO. And the chocolate tastes like Nestles. Kidding about the chocolate.

Posting from a Treo makes my thumbs hurt!! ;-)
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    I've heard it said that prices in the US are about the same in numbers as in the UK, I mean if something costs $10 in the US it'll cost £10 in the UK, which obviously is more expensive. Is that true AC?
    Animo et Fide
    ACD, when married I had the same sort of thing happen. With a woman and my wife calls, I figure I am toast so I admit it right up front..."Honey I am sorry but I am with a lovely blonde right now"...and she says..."right, uh, huh, you are golfing again admit it, just wait till you get home!" We men can never win but sometimes the truth is so rediculous we state it and they deal with it in their own ways...
    How can you say that, Chick, after praising my grammar correction abilities a few short posts ago!
    Animo et Fide
    I have to make a correction. My friend Chick has made a tiny error explaining the “prize” scenario. I have agreed to show ACD around (building, office, street vendors, coffee shops). But only to ACD (nothing personal guys. Honest!)
    Back to work.
    How can you say that, Chick, after praising my grammar correction abilities a few short posts ago!
    I know Chick well enough to say: She was only kidding. Oh: I spoke for her....sorry. And your prize for having to deal with Chick: Spend a day with her in her classroom!
    I would rather be good for nothing then a good at nothing...so I must be good at one thing even though I am good for nothing...HEY!!! I too can be a politician....