View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

    61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

    13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

    58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

    33 20.00%
Page 111 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 6123
  1. #2201  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    ummm...I've lived here my whole life. I didnt just come here for school.
    I think he meant still living with parents or having them otherwise pay to afford to live there. Boulder is a pretty place, but it is costly. You have excellent planning on the part of your city council to thank for that (they really did do a great job.)

    I go up there to visit family friends every few years and I do like it. Boulder's about an 8 hour drive for me.
  2. #2202  
    Boulder is a great "people watching" town. Go there, sit at an outdoor eating establishment (or preferably drinking) and enjoy the environs, the people are so diverse and interesting... That is my Boulder experience.
  3. #2203  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    I think he meant still living with parents or having them otherwise pay to afford to live there. Boulder is a pretty place, but it is costly. You have excellent planning on the part of your city council to thank for that (they really did do a great job.)

    I go up there to visit family friends every few years and I do like it. Boulder's about an 8 hour drive for me.
    Yeah. The alternative is probably that you had a house there for a long time (before it got so expensive).
  4. #2204  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Boulder is a great "people watching" town. Go there, sit at an outdoor eating establishment (or preferably drinking) and enjoy the environs, the people are so diverse and interesting... That is my Boulder experience.
    Agreed! The Pearl Street Mall is always entertaining...
  5. #2205  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    You have excellent planning on the part of your city council to thank for that (they really did do a great job.)

    I go up there to visit family friends every few years and I do like it. Boulder's about an 8 hour drive for me.
    Well from 8 hours away, you really dont have a very good grasp of Boulder local politics, or an understanding of how council has has screwed up our sales tax base, driven consumers to surrounding communities to shop and put the city government in a position where they have been required to cut services due to budget shortfalls. Excellent planning.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6. #2206  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Well from 8 hours away, you really dont have a very good grasp of Boulder local politics, or an understanding of how council has has screwed up our sales tax base, driven consumers to surrounding communities to shop and put the city government in a position where they have been required to cut services due to budget shortfalls. Excellent planning.
    I should have been more specific. I was speaking to the past, when boulder's mining went bust and they couldn't pay people to live there. With careful planning they were able to attract people, while maintaining much of the beauty of Boulder. It worked too well. I only wish my city had that sort of vision. "budget shortfalls" are far more commonplace today than ever -certainly not limited to Boulder.
  7. #2207  
    how much do houses cost in boulder then? for ref my house is a very modest 2 bed terrace built circa 1870, prob currently worth £85-95000.
    Animo et Fide
  8. #2208  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    I should have been more specific. I was speaking to the past, when boulder's mining went bust and they couldn't pay people to live there.

    Oh...OK. So you were talking about after the Civil War. It's good to be specific.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. #2209  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Oh...OK. So you were talking about after the Civil War. It's good to be specific.
    Long after, Clairgrrl. I assumed you knew your Boulder history, so I didn't specify. Perhaps in retrospect I should have provided links as well
  10. #2210  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    Long after, Clairgrrl. I assumed you knew your Boulder history, so I didn't specify. Perhaps in retrospect I should have provided links as well

    There wasnt actually much mining in Boulder. Boulder was a merchant and banking community supporting the gold, coal and tungsten mines that were in communities around Boulder
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11. #2211  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    There wasnt actually much mining n Boulder. Boulder was a merchant and banking community supporting the gold, coal and tungsten mines that were in communities around Boulder
    You're right indeed, but much depended on the mining industry for Boulder. I've read conflicting stories on Boulder's growth. Some stated a decline (not unreasonable given the circumstances) and others showed very little growth from the 20's-40's. The initiatives taken in the 50's and continuing through the 80's at first fueled growth, then so successful they tried to limit it (that just made people want to move there all the more ), while maintaining the beauty of the surroundings. Somewhat like Santa Fe in my state, although Boulder attracted a better university, and the citizens even taxed themselves to ensure the landscape for future generations (the first to do so if I am not mistaken.) It's really no wonder to me why people are then drawn to Boulder, just as they were with Santa Fe. The downside to this growth is that people who have lived in Santa Fe for generations now find it difficult to continue to live there. The cost of living is far too high. Sure, they can sell the family home and make a 'pretty penny', but only if they want to move away. Boulder at least brought about better jobs, with a higher average income for its residents than Santa Fe.
  12. #2212  
    That is the beauty of my career. I get to experience the good and the bad of about everywhere in the US without having to live there. Also I get so many rental cars it feels like I have a new car every week...laughing...
  13. #2213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    You're right indeed, but ...
    See, ya just want that last word all the time. Remember, this started with my mention of Mork and Mindy on DVD.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. #2214  
    My NYC Experience in one word......... Thegreatestcityonearth

    I just learned my lesson trying to drive there the first time I went in on business. Big mistake for the Iowa boy.

    I have tixs to the Rockafeller Center Christmas Spectacular for the day after Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see it...have you been C-D?
  15. #2215  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    And where is Tulip today? I am wondering if he's consulting with his PhD buddies on how to solve my third-grade math problem
    I was, apart from this thread (which is of course the most important one), e.g. here.

    In German there is the saying "even a blind chicken sometimes finds a grain"... Anyway, let me help you out with a direct link to the CORRECT solution :

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...postcount=2803

    Oh, and before you claim I did not prove the 40 mph part:

    48 minutes are 4/5 of an hour, so
    32 miles divided by 4/5 hours = 40 miles per hour.

    Voilà, QED!

    Granted, this was "shooting sparrows with cannons"
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  16. #2216  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup

    Voilà, QED!
    I think he want's his GED...it's like that movie, "Lost in Translation"
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  17. #2217  
    Late breaking news, the latest sport to introduce drug testing - pigeon racing! What's the world coming too? Tut tut *sad shake of head* birds taking drugs, perhaps they're trying to avoid mad swiss men with cannons?
    Animo et Fide
  18. #2218  
    Loved Lost in Translation. Bill Murray may have never been better then as the brooding man nearing the end of his marriage...seemed so natural for him...

    Fron "Field of Dreams"..... "Is this Heaven? No it's Iowa!"
    Being from Iowa is better then being in Iowa. I enjoy CT too much to go back even with the birth of my new grandson (first one) three weeks ago. CT is home now...

    And the chicken/grain line?? I thought that was blind squirrel finds a nut...hmmm...
  19. #2219  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Tut tut *sad shake of head* birds taking drugs, perhaps they're trying to avoid mad swiss men with cannons?
    Maybe it's the bird handlers that are afraid of the switzervillers
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  20. #2220  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I thought that was blind squirrel finds a nut...hmmm...
    It's actually "blind hog"
    Well behaved women rarely make history

Posting Permissions