View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 107 of 307 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 6123
    Why on earth would you drink reasonably? Anyway, is your name Al Fayed?
    Animo et Fide
    no, it is Harrod, my family started the store back in 1835 (if you count the wholesale grocery days) and yes the Al Fayeds own it now. I am just a poor American stuck with the last name everyone recognizes with the store...

And I (nearly) always drink reasonably...
    speaking of drinking reasonably my favorite beer is Chimay from Belgium...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Define "legend."
    Some one million posts for one thread, that's legend ChickenDoodle.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Visted once gharrod, in a word - OVERPRICED!
    And Chick, Al Fayed can't get citizenship because he's what might eupemistically be called a scallywag. As so many businessmen are
    Animo et Fide
    Not at all, we've got quite enough already without him.
    Animo et Fide
    Now, can you two figure out what time we should get to the beach?
    Question of the week? 7:37? 40 mph?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    I think you should celebrate your post 1000 by working out how long it will take you to get to post 1647.
    For an extra bonus, how many cups of coffee will you have shared with Muziek by that time?
    Animo et Fide
    7:35am and average of 45 miles per hour. Now if they were on the Garden State and had the backups at the toll booths you can add another 40 miles to the trip. If Mrs. Berglund has a bladder issue they may not ever make it...
    I thought it was a fight over taxes that he did not have British Citizenship...
    At 7:05 Bergitte asked, "Are we there yet?"
    "We're one-third of the way there," replied Mr. Berglund.
    At 7:25 Erik asked, "Are we there yet?"
    "We're 75% of the way there," said Mrs. Berglund. "Now, can you two figure out what time we should get to the beach?"
    New Math.......

At 7:26 Erik pulled a large caliber handgun from his gymbag and put the business end of it in Mrs. Berglund ear and said, "Now you old dried out witch, it's 4.8 inches from your right eardrum to your left, this is a .44 caliber handgun, can you guess how long it will take this bullet to go from your right eardrum to you left eardrum? No? I thought you were the fricken' math wizard here Witch! Now shut up with the dumb questions and stop at the next liquour store. I'm Thirsty."
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    New Math.......

At 7:26 Erik pulled a large caliber handgun from his gymbag and put the business end of it in Mrs. Berglund ear and said, "Now you old dried out witch, it's 4.8 inches from your right eardrum to your left, this is a .44 caliber handgun, can you guess how long it will take this bullet to go from your right eardrum to you left eardrum? No? I thought you were the fricken' math wizard here Witch! Now shut up with the dumb questions and stop at the next liquour store. I'm Thirsty."
    My, my! Did Erik happen to grow-up in my old stomping grounds (inner city Detroit)? He would fit in fine there (although he's a bit too polite). Pulling guns and otherwise threatening on teachers (and everyone else for that matter) was not that unusual there, and then the City couldn't figure out why all of the good teachers went to work in the suburbs. Duh!
    Regarding Mohamed Al Fayed, he's going to reside in Switzerland (clulup: any comments?):
    http://www.alfayed.com/details.asp?aid=134
    Also interesting is Mr. Al Fayed's belief that: "Britain's racist establishment found their relationship (his son Dodi and Princess Diana) utterly unacceptable, and so conspired with the intelligence services to have them killed."
    http://www.mathaba.net/data/sis/fayed.shtml
    Mr. Al Fayed was apparently involved in a Cash-for-questions affair:
    http://www.fact-index.com/c/ca/cash_...ns_affair.html
    I think it's the cash for questions thing which really stuffed his chances. Anyway, why are you so concerned about Al Fayed Chick? You don't normally strike me as someone ready to jump to the defence of a nasty piece of work like him. Don't forget, in Britain if someone gets to the top of the heap we're less likely to praise them than you Americans, we find they make a better target if anything. If you want some low down and dirty on Fayed try reading Private Eye.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    Regarding Mohamed Al Fayed, he's going to reside in Switzerland (clulup: any comments?)
    Thanks for the links, Muziek. However, it is kind of sad to see that you seem to be far more interested in Mohamed Al Fayed, than, e.g., in me?

Back to your question: I can understand perfectly well that Al Fayed wants to live in Switzerland. It's a wonderful country, after all, full of nice, tolerant people . Many of those who can choose live in Switzerland. For instance fellow musicians like Phil Collins or Tina Turner (she is particularly lucky, she is even married to a Swiss and lives in Zurich. ), but also many others like Michael Schuhmacher, Alain Delon, Boris Becker, and lots of other less known millionnaires or billionnaires. Apart from reasonable taxes they enjoy the fact that they don't really need a bodyguard when going to town, and can live a quite normal life when they feel like it.

I can understand that Al Fayed is not really popular in Great Britain, but apart from his not very convincing conspiracy theory, was there anything serious he committed? What is he accused of, any convictions?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Well Neil Hamilton who was Conservative MP for Tatton, a very wealthy constituency in Cheshire not too far from Stockport, was convicted of taking cash from Al Fayed in return for raising questions at Prime Minister's Question Time. This is very corrupt, and although I don't think Al Fayed himself was convicted he was certainly involved. I haven't yet followed the links that Muziek provided, this is all from memory.
    Edit: Sorry, meant to say that Neil Hamilton failed in his attempt to sue for libel when accused of taking cash for questions. He wasn't prosecuted himself. I don't know if this is a criminal offence, but it certainly doesn't look good does it?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Well Neil Hamilton who was Conservative MP for Tatton, a very wealthy constituency in Cheshire not too far from Stockport, was convicted of taking cash from Al Fayed in return for raising questions at Prime Minister's Question Time.
    OK, that is quite bad (Muziek's link said he was not convicted). We will kick him out if he tries that with Swiss members of parliament.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    OK, that is quite bad (Muziek's link said he was not convicted). We will kick him out if he tries that with Swiss members of parliament.
    Sorry Clulup, I edited my post. The link Muziek provides is correct, he wasn't convicted because he was never tried. He tried to sue for libel but failed. I'm not sure that you can be convicted of criminal behaviour for taking cash in exchange for questions (rather than specific concrete political acts) but it's certainly corrupt behaviour even if not in the legal definition of corruption. As Al Fayed was involved it casts a shadow over him too. Allegations of wrong-doing hang around Al Fayed like flies around dead meat. He's not some criminal mastermind, but he's not reckoned to be a particularly nice guy.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Do you think anyone would notice if I instead took a weeks holiday in a cottage in dorset?
    Something tells me you would not fly if nobody would notice your absence.... Have a nice trip anyway. I am sure you have a lot to tell when you are back (or while you are there). Not too adventurous, hopefully!
    Did I start something here? Oh, sorry, please a little more levity to the conversation. All this political talk is a bit too much on a Wednesday. I am concerned about Chick burning herself wth her machiato on the train this morning...