View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 106 of 307 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    CERN - that's the research institute in Geneva, SWITZERLAND , where the WWW was invented by the Brit Tim Berners-Lee.
    I thought Al Gore invented that!!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    So we have two ladies who have a crush on the GreenDragon...My gosh, get a grip ladies
    Relax Chicken. This is a normal state of affairs for me. Women are often falling over themselves to be with me.

In fact, here in my home I am adored and even Diefied by my Girls. I am treated as a God as I wander the house, well, maybe not a God per se. Actually not even close to a God, more like a Dog. Yeah, that's it. A old dog that has been part of the family for years, and wanders around the house aimlessly, going from person to person looking for food or just a pat on the head. Eyesight and hearing faded, looking from person to person as they talk as if following a conversation but everyone knowing that the "dog" doesn't understand the code....in this case they are speaking Venutian.

Every once in a while they toss a ball to me, but usually it's too much work. I am fed and watered at regular intervals and if I make too much noise am thrown out of the house. Our real dog is jealous because I get to sleep on the bed. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of the dog. I strolled out in the middle of our lawn around High Noon and "made water" in the yard like she does The neighbors called the cops!!....it's just not fair! When I explained it to the Cops they seem to agree, well at least they thought it was funny, they patted me on the head and gave me a doughnut and put me in the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    I've been to Geneva quite a lot on businesss. Alas no techy museum - my favourites are:
    - getting wet wandering up to the jet
    - wandering around the old town (near the cathedral)
    - having coffee and watching the people in the old square at the top of the hill in the old town (I've forgotten its name but can look it up)
    - if you're in to art there's some museums - my favourite is the Petite Palace
    - boat trips on the lake
    - in warm weather swimming (in cold weather skiing of course)
    - excursions OUT of Geneva (eg Montreau etc)
    - restaurants are ok (diplomat quality)
    There's other stuff - a clock museum and tours of the old league of nations buildings - but never done either . The huge 3-legged chair in the place de nations is amazing in a what-do-I-do-now-I've-seen-it way. I want to go to visit CERN (close by) but have never managed it.
    Thanks for the tips jpahl! Old town sounds like a place I would like. I will check it out. Does anyone know if you can get a tour of CERN? I think that would be pretty cool. I might show them my Treo! I am sure they would be dazzled by the high techness of it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Does anyone know if you can get a tour of CERN? I think that would be pretty cool. I might show them my Treo! I am sure they would be dazzled by the high techness of it all!
    OK, ACDriver, you are a nice guy, so I called them up (had to speak French even! ).

CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear Research, the world's largest particle physics centre. Here physicists come to explore what matter is made of and what forces hold it together.

Details on www.cern.ch (note it is .ch for Switzerland, not .com or something).

There is a permanent exhibition at CERN that is open from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 5pm (Web says 5:30). The minimum suggested age is 12 years old, that shouldn't be a problem. CERN is about 10 minutes by car from the airport, apparently there is a bus, it seems to be number 9 labelled "CERN".

Details on the exhibition: here and here

There are guided tours through the "real" CERN, but you have to register two to three months in advance (see homepage, "Visit CERN". Could be worth it for next time, because where else can you see e.g. LEP electron-positron colliders?

Hope you like it in case you go there (you don't have to just because I sent you this stuff, ok?). Maybe coffee in the old town is still nicer?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Wow! Jeez, thanks jpahl and clulup.

Thanks for looking all/ calling on all that stuff for CERN for me.

Since your in the helpful mood clulup by the time I get to Geneva I will need to do some laundry.....we dragons travel light you know.....and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind driving over to Geneva and picking up my dirty clothes from the hotel and then heading off to a laundry and washing them up? Light on the starch and don't press the jeans.

What a guy, thanks.
    Since your in the helpful mood clulup by the time I get to Geneva I will need to do some laundry.....
    ACD, did you hit your head real hard somewhere lately?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Wow! Jeez, thanks jpahl and clulup.

Thanks for looking all/ calling on all that stuff for CERN for me.

Since your in the helpful mood clulup by the time I get to Geneva I will need to do some laundry.....we dragons travel light you know.....and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind driving over to Geneva and picking up my dirty clothes from the hotel and then heading off to a laundry and washing them up? Light on the starch and don't press the jeans.

What a guy, thanks.
    Uh-oh, ACD really has fallen out with his wife! You didn't really ask for a concubine did you? I know clulup wants to be one, mind.
    Animo et Fide
    In fact, here in my home I am adored and even Diefied by my Girls. I am treated as a God as I wander the house, well, maybe not a God per se. Actually not even close to a God, more like a Dog.
    God, Dog, what's a little dyslexia between friends.

threes a lot of fnhrdeisip btweeen dsxlecis
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    ACD, did you hit your head real hard somewhere lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Uh-oh, ACD really has fallen out with his wife! You didn't really ask for a concubine did you? I know clulup wants to be one, mind.
    I don't remember hitting my head, I just remember sitting at my desk after asking my wife about the concubines, then I heard this noise, like a whistling sound, very short, kind of like when a bat goes through the air really fast? and then there was this bright light, and then I must have fell asleep cause I woke up with my head down on the keyboard, and the back of my head is sore.

So I went upstairs and my wife seemed real surprised to see me, so did my neighbor Biff. They were just headed out to go to the bank and play some softball cause Biff had a bat and my wife had both the savings books in her hand. They left in kind of a hurry. I got one hell of a headache and I must have sweated while I slept cause my hair is all sticky. I think I will go take a nap.
    and what's "diefied" anyway? shurely "deified"
    Animo et Fide
    diefied deified ...who the hell cares? Did you know what I meant? Did you get my meaning? Then I spelled it write/right/wright! If you looked at the word and went, dignified? That don't make sense? Then I spelled it wrong.

I say, if the reader knows what the word is, then you spelled it right even if you spelled it wrong!!!
    You didn't really ask for a concubine did you? I know clulup wants to be one, mind.
    I do NOT. Don't even know what it is. I have heard of the movie, but I didn't see it, this "Bowling for Concubine". Isn't that from the same guy who also did Fahrenheit 24/7?
    And another thing!!!!!

Shurely!!! That ain't a word!! That's a mic manufacturer!!!!
    AC, your wife must love you a lot...sounds like she cares so much about you she has hired Biff to protect you...that is probably why he had a baseball bat.
    And another thing!!!!!

Shurely!!! That ain't a word!! That's a mic manufacturer!!!!
    (Chanting) PB made a typo, PB made a typo!!!!!

(It's another hard day at the AFLAC thread..... )
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    AC, your wife must love you a lot...sounds like she cares so much about you she has hired Biff to protect you...
    Could this also explain why ACD's dog never barks when Biff is around, as he does with everybody else who isn't part of the family?!
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    AC, your wife must love you a lot...sounds like she cares so much about you she has hired Biff to protect you...that is probably why he had a baseball bat.
    Thanks murrayalex, I was a bit dazed and confused. But know I see you are right! She does love me! I was starting to wonder cause she has made me anything to eat for a while....come to think of it, I don't think she has made me anything to eat since 1998? I am getting a little chubby, maybe that's why?
    Thanks murrayalex, I was a bit dazed and confused. But know I see you are right!
    "know I see"? you still dezad and cunfosed?
    She does love me! I was starting to wonder cause she has made me anything to eat for a while....come to think of it, I don't think she has made me anything to eat since 1998? I am getting a little chubby, maybe that's why?
    So does your wife just get a tin of chunky meat and put it in a bowl for you? Or is that more than she can bring herself to do?
    Animo et Fide
    The time zones make it so we Americans can enjoy your typo's and slurred words earlier in our day then we ourselves can reasonably drink... Keep us entertained friends. Anyone been to my family store in London lately?

GEH