View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 102 of 307 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    I am lawyer, not Mother Theresa
    Having said that, you might want to know that I put myself through college (my parents couldn't afford it). I am known to work a 12-hour day regularly and many weekends. I volunteer at a local homeless shelter, including on holidays such as Thanks Giving and Christmas. And, I believe, I am generous with my money.
    Wow, I am impressed. Not so much about the long working hours, though, but about the rest. Just a brief reminder: How many people on their deathbed wish they'd spent more time at the office?
    Perhaps they are truly gentlemen?
    Who, the New Yorkers? Don't know. The Swiss? Some of them!
    I should try flirting with you or your brother? I am confused (But either way I don't have time...)
    Well why bother if you don't have the time? However, my brother is much younger than me, almost a child. Just turned 27, actually. - Hi Chick-Dance!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Today I've read that engineers have developed an atomic clock the size of a rice grain. If you think that is surprising, guess where that was done: in Boulder, Colorado??!! Would you believe it??

So far I always thought they only had ski resorts and 19 year old grrls there!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Today I've read that engineers have developed an atomic clock the size of a rice grain. If you think that is surprising, guess where that was done: in Boulder, Colorado??!! Would you believe it??

So far I always thought they only had ski resorts and 19 year old grrls there!

Once again clulup, your mastery of insignificant facts falls short. There are no ski resorts in Boulder. While there are 54 fourteen thousand foot peaks in Colorado, Boulders elevation is only 5430'
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I just borrowed it from "Afley" to look cute for the picture... Haven't you borrowed stuff from your wife or girlfriend ever?
    Her clothes? For a picture to post on the Internet? Nope. I'm guessing you and ol' Afley had a good roll in the hay, and the paparazzi caught you in an unguarded moment afterward. In fact, wasn't you hair a bit mussed in that pic?
    Humans have a lot to learn from animals. And I am sure they (animals) don't have stupid conventions in which they put down others and create hateful atmosphere among fellow citizens!

Just remember the story of the carrot and the zebra.
    Eh, carrot and zebra? Is this some kind of carrot obsession claire is revealing? On top of the baby carrot thing a few days ago I'm getting quite worried.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Eh, carrot and zebra? Is this some kind of carrot obsession claire is revealing? On top of the baby carrot thing a few days ago I'm getting quite worried.
    If you must know...I confided to Chick a few days ago that I might need to get glasses for reading. She had suggested carrots and thats when I wondered where the baby carrots came from. Now you're up to speed
    Oh, yes, I forgot about the baby carrot thing. I am not getting worried, but I am getting intrigued.
    Should I be (so) impressed or is it a normal occurrence in NY? Both Chick and Muziek show so much talent and intelligence in a variety of interests. Are all women in NYC so complete and well rounded? Are kittens smarter in NYC too? Perhaps this kitten should relocate to NYC... Any suggestions where's a safe place to live? Do you need a kitten Muziek and Chick? I promise to change my own litter box !
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    But do ask Muziek. I hear she needs a life
    Who doesn't?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    If you must know...I confided to Chick a few days ago that I might need to get glasses for reading. She had suggested carrots and thats when I wondered where the baby carrots came from. Now you're up to speed
    Even at the risk of boring you, here a biologist's view: Carrots do contain Beta-carotene, a substance that is important for good eyesight. HOWEVER: Beta-carotene uptake from raw carrots is nil, zero, nada, nothing. So sorry to tell you, but the reason why rabbits don't have glasses is NOT that they eat carrots.

Maybe if you cook them and eat them together with oil, you have a chance of taking up some Beta-carotene from carrots, but don't hope for too much.
    So sorry to tell you, but the reason why rabbits don't have glasses is NOT that they eat carrots.
    Kittens don't eat carrots and we see very well. Even in the dark!
    -Michael Pritchard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Kittens don't eat carrots and we see very well. Even in the dark!
    My kitty doesn't, but she's not really a kitty any more at 17 ... and after having survived (but maybe not by much) a serious hyperthyroid condition. I'm just happy now when she can get both halves of her body into the litter box....
    Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea have got to be favourites Chick. The player to watch out for is Wayne Rooney, who has just signed for Man U. I can't think of another Scouser who has ever signed for Man U! And the season started a couple of weeks ago, where have you been?

Now back to those carrots...
    Animo et Fide
    Not many cats survive till 17, that's really impressive! My wife had a goldfish that lived to be 17, which is almost completely unheard of. It did have cataracts by the end though, don't know if carrots would have helped?
    Animo et Fide

Maybe if you cook them and eat them together with oil, you have a chance of taking up some Beta-carotene from carrots
    I use 10w-40 in my car...would that work
    Not many cats survive till 17, that's really impressive! My wife had a goldfish that lived to be 17, which is almost completely unheard of. It did have cataracts by the end though, don't know if carrots would have helped?
    Yeah. I've had her longer than I've known my wife. When we moved from CA to CO she had to become an indoor cat. Outdoor cats don't make it very long here due to the wildlife. (Here is a picture of one of her favorite activities these days.)

17 years for a goldfish is *amazing*. And I don't know how you'd feed carrots to a goldfish!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This goldfish discussion reminds me of the time I was standing with a guy looking at a camera in an case designed for use when scuba diving. I asked him if the case for the camera ever leaked. His said, "Naw, that things as watertight as a fish's ****."

"Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Wow Chicky I had no idea you were so political. I have close friends in the admin and I am still up in the air as to wether they shoudl keep their jobs or not. Hey election time is the only day I get to play HR Guy. Anyway, home from meeting my new grandson and then off to Cape May for the Labor Day weekend. Any thoughts here on Huricane Francis? Think it will veer up the coast?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Wow Chicky I had no idea you were so political.
    Now what does that mean? You think just because a woman is blonde and looks kind of nice on the avatars she posts she has no brain and no opinion???
    Any thoughts here on Huricane Francis?
    Well, I can say that I am certainly not pro-hurricane.