Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By tirk
  • 1 Post By cheburashka
  • 1 Post By Sonic
  • 1 Post By groovy
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    My brother refuses to use any of Google's services saying that that are evil.

But he sticks to his Apple products like glue and defends Apple to the core.

I use Google quite extensively.

Is he right? Or is Apple the more evil?

(Asking webOS users for impartial opinions!)
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Google!

It's after your soul.
    Game over!
    Google. They claim they are open source but really, do the phones allow you to flash custom rom's without the use of root? Can you mod a rom that is already on your phone? Nope. Google is the evilest.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Facebook. Enough said.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Neither. In a democratic capitalist society the function of companies is to make money for their shareholders within the law. One function of government is to set and enforce laws that prevent companies from acting against the people. So only the government can really be evil, by not enacting the right laws, or not enforcing them.

Who will be to blame for SOPA if it comes into force and wrecks the internet? Hollywood/music companies, or the government that passes it??
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Toby and verwon like this.
    I'm with your brother. It doesn't take a genius to see Google's end game. I've switched to DuckDuckGo.
    At least both Apple and Google cherish their OSs.
    verwon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Google!

It's after your soul.
    Only because Apple have already stolen it

Neither are evil they are both companies whose sole purpose is to make money (with a bit of world domination thrown in)

Apple - Skynet of todays world
    verwon likes this.
    See the above posts that have already stated neither!

One may suit someone more than the other, but neither is evil.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't think either company is evil so much as, like most every corporation, simply amoral. As stated, they exist to make money and dominating markets helps ensure long-term profitability. Now, that doesn't mean I'm skirting the question. I would just rephrase it:

Which company is most likely, and has the greatest capacity to, use information about you in ways that you wouldn't approve of? The answer to that, I'd have to say, is Google. But that's only because Facebook wasn't offered as an option.
    verwon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Only because Apple have already stolen it
    Nope... Apple is just after your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Neither are evil they are both companies whose sole purpose is to make money (with a bit of world domination thrown in)
    One needs to read about Google even if only from information available on the web, to figure-out the extent of its unacceptable activities. We have all lost our freedoms to Google already.
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    It looks like Google is *capable* of doing more evil, but Apple has already done more evil with the way it treats it's suppliers and retail partners and even more evil the way they stifle innovation with patents.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    IMO, being evil or not, the most important thing is the result.
    Evil?

Apple’s telling about being »green« but they’re using a whole lot of aluminum, which wastes a lot of anti-green energy being produced.

Google is good at web services and stuff, but Android, apart from being sleek and smooth, is not as innovative as the public thinks it is.

I woild choose Android over iOS AND Google over Apple.
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html