1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, this post is a suggestion to create a general wiki for WebOS where one could find every known infos about how it works and how one can achieve something (weither with their TP or Smartphone).

I want to suggest this since I noticed that several questions were reposted now and then and answered twice or more. It's also because I think that finding tips and tricks has become more and more difficult, especially new ones that are lost in the amount of new posts each days on this forum.

Creating a wiki would also be very easy since any subscriber could edit the topics and add what he knows. So the more volunteering editors we have, the quickest this wiki would be populated.

It could be seperated by devices, themes and apps.

It would be like an eventually giant bible for all webos users.

With this wiki, we also wouldn't see so much redundant posts and the forum could focus on new questions and be less congested. Thus easier to read and to find what we're looking for.

I must admit that this idea came from remembering my former community, Archlinux, where people are a little bit like us here on webos : nice and helpfull. They have this wonderfull wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Main_Page) which grows every day with new usefull informations.

I know that WebOS Internalz have their own wiki, but it's actually more homebrew focused. I want to propose a wiki that is focused on general webOS features, and App Cat applications features. Actually, focused on general ways to having things done on WebOS.

What do you guys think ? Are you willing to join me on this project ?

Please, be legion
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Most 'redundant' posts on this forum are by people who:
    (a) can't be bothered to search
    (b) lie about searching first
    (c) search for 2 minutes and then give up
    (d) think they deserve some kind of special treatment
    (e) are too dumb for toilet paper

Those people would not read your wiki.
  3.    #3  
    But we could forward them to it instead of trying to answer. I would personaly find it usefull to be sure to have all the latest infos about patches, tips tricks and all.

But if you think it's a waste of time... Well, I'm not brave enough to make one just by myself :/
    But we could forward them to it instead of trying to answer. I would personaly find it usefull to be sure to have all the latest infos about patches, tips tricks and all.

But if you think it's a waste of time... Well, I'm not brave enough to make one just by myself :/
    Webos Internals has thei wiki... So I'm not sure what the additional one would accomplish

Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

And we certainly wouldn't simply forward members with questions to another site wiki - that's the whole reason for sites like Mobile Nations. I have this strange feeling that those posts would be deleted veeerrrry quickly.
  6.    #6  
    Alright, alright, I catch you point. Never mind
    There are a few wikis out there for developers. If there isn't one for general users, it's because they can't be arsed to create one for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    (e) are too dumb for toilet paper
    HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    And we certainly wouldn't simply forward members with questions to another site wiki - that's the whole reason for sites like Mobile Nations. I have this strange feeling that those posts would be deleted veeerrrry quickly.
    That's great, delete a post that links the user to the information they need. And I don't go to "Mobile Nations", I go to Precentral, and I'll keep going to Precentral as long as my address bar tells me I'm at Precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    That's great, delete a post that links the user to the information they need. And I don't go to "Mobile Nations", I go to Precentral, and I'll keep going to Precentral as long as my address bar tells me I'm at Precentral.
    UM... okay. I simply said Mobile Nations - referring to the overall scope of all of those sites (P|C included) having the same rules and thoughts about sending members out to another site for answers. That's what P|C is all about - we are a help forum and it defeats the purpose to send members elsewhere.