1.    #1  
    Hi all,

RIM made have to change it's name to RIP! The other day I posted an article that stated that RIM was nwo worth more in pices than as an entire entity!

Please see link.

Take care,

Jay

RIM Dissidents Push for Change at BlackBerry Maker
    By REUTERS

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

TORONTO (Reuters) - The company that makes the BlackBerry has a short window to revive its sagging share price and shake up its business, or risk the escalation of a dissent movement that claims support from holders of 8 percent of its stock.

Three Research In Motion shareholders backing a call from merchant bank Jaguar Financial for transformational change at the Canadian smartphone company said the still-informal group was bound to grow if RIM's shares don't rebound soon.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Ruh-roh!

They better get those BBX devices out quick, and hope they perform well in the marketplace. Personally, due to the similarity with webOS in UI and development, BBX is the platform I'm looking at next if webOS doesn't go anywhere. Hopefully, if that happens, BBX (and then RIM) doesn't follow.
  3.    #3  
    Hi all,

I deliberately stayed away from BB when I went to get a new phone last month b/c I'm afraid BB is going the say direction that Palm did!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    RIM may go down before we get an answer on webos.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    RIM may go down before we get an answer on webos.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Hi...

I agree with you...we've bee hearing rumblings that Carl Icahn and others may want to brake BB up and sell it off....I've know Carl for decades and he sell his mother to make a nickel...if he or others like him get involved bye bye BB!

Since RIM is now worth more in pieces than whole I don't think they'll be around as a free company.

Take care all,

Jay
    A perfect examply of exactly why RIM never should have gone public.

They are profitable and held the lions share of their market... but, greed (to make even more money by selling their company to the investing public at multipliers of its book value and revenue stream, and then cashing those shares in for insane fortunes) has come back to haunt them now, as the shareholders interest and operating the company to serve the best value of the shareholders will take stage front and center, and they may never get a chance to finish BBX, which, as a WebOS clone with real technology and subscribership, could do very well.

I believe its unfortunate as to how many companies go publilc and then buy into the "growth for growth sake" mentality and then, ultimately, crash and burn on that theory.

If RIM wasn't publically traded right now, they'd have as much time as they themselves deemed necessary, based on thier own financial assets, to produce BBX; instead, thier millions of shareholders may get to decide that fate for them.

What a total shame.

There's a lesson in there.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein