1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI....see link.

Take care,

Jay

Factbox: Nook tablet versus Kindle Fire
    By Alistair Barr in San Francisco, editing by Matthew Lewis | Reuters 4 hrs ago.

Factbox: Nook tablet versus Kindle Fire - Yahoo! News

(Reuters) - Barnes & Noble Inc unveiled its first tablet computer on Monday, taking on Amazon.com Inc.

Here is a comparison of the main features of the Nook tablet from Barnes & Noble and Amazon's Kindle Fire tablet:
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Nook weighs .5 ounces less. Nook wins.

The fact that it comes with FLIXTER is a bonus.
  3.    #3  
    Hi all,

Amazon has far better marketing then B & N...in addition since Amazon sells so many other things...Amazon is the "store" that many more people go to...that gives Amazon a MAJOR leg up over B&N.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Amazon Prime members get free streaming of some movies and tv shows included with their membership too...not near the selection of Netflix by any means but not bad if you are already an Amazon Prime subscriber. A plus for the Kindle Fire if you have a decent WiFi connection. I assume Nook owners that also happen to be Amazon Prime subscribers could get the same thing but it just builds on the Amazon Ecosystem and is a potential selling point for the Kindle Fire.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTouchpad View Post
    Amazon Prime members get free streaming of some movies and tv shows included with their membership too...not near the selection of Netflix by any means but not bad if you are already an Amazon Prime subscriber. A plus for the Kindle Fire if you have a decent WiFi connection. I assume Nook owners that also happen to be Amazon Prime subscribers could get the same thing but it just builds on the Amazon Ecosystem and is a potential selling point for the Kindle Fire.
    Hi all,

I agree with you 100%...I think Amazon has the stronger hand...they have a much larger and fuller pipeline....by blending the Kindle Fire with Amazon Prime will work well for Amazon.

Do you know that Prime members including me spend AT LEAST 20% MORE due to Prime membership? Amazon is very often my go to place when I'm looking for something.

For example: they are 20% cheaper then Publix or Winn Dixie, they are about 25% cheaper on the Arborio rice than Whole Foods... if I buy 10 pounds of Arborio rice for Rissoto! Plus they will deliver it to my door within 2 days for free...I make Rissoto very often b/c we love it and buying it in 10# quantity is far better than schlepping to the store for a 2# 4 oz package at Publix...

Free delivery is why I joined Prime....2 day deliver for only $79 a year...plus all of the other goodies...Last year alone we saved so much on shipping the Amazon Prime that my $79 was covered in about 3 to 4 months and the rest of the year...it was all totally free for delivery!

That's an added pus for Prime members, plus movies and free books..they will also all up to 3 or 4 family members join Prime for no extra fee on your membership.

Take care,

jay
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I went Prime a couple years ago because even if shipping was free it was often USPS with no tracking info. 2-day always has tracking. And I have no doubt I spend more because of it - but its always stuff I would've bought somewhere else.

My Fire is pre-ordered - I will never give up my e-ink kindle (unless to get a smaller/lighter one) but I'm sure the reader on the Fire will be light years better than what we have on our TouchPad, and I prefer low-backlit over clipon light when reading in the dark.

Clarice

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities