Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    7 billion and counting: Earth's population odometer turns over Monday - San Jose Mercury News

Nobody knows where the 7 billionth baby will be born, but India -- which is producing humans at a rate of nearly one per second -- seems a likely bet. With 1.3 billion inhabitants, China is currently the world's most populous nation, but India is expected to overtake it by 2030. Without China and India, the planet would be 37 percent less populous -- and a much harder place to find good takeout.
    I don't know what this guy's point was about a world without China and India. Maybe it was a soylent green reference. Kill two birds with one stone? I don't know. Wow, kind of gives new meaning to the term "Chinese food", doesn't it?
    Six million children die of hunger every year.
    By 2030, sixty million?
    By 2030, sixty million?
    is that a soylent green reference ?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad without the use of any brain cells
    No, this is.
    When i was in school in the eighties, i remember a teacher told us that there were 4 billion people at that time. It's hard to believe that the world's population has almost doubled in just thirty or so years, when we've been here for thousands and thousands.

I wonder why that is. Isn't it strange?

There's certainly and suddenly alot of good lovin' going on out there, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    It's hard to believe that the world's population has almost doubled in just thirty or so years, when we've been here for thousands and thousands.

I wonder why that is.
    The industrial revolution. Namely agriculture and medicine. The planet long ago reached a population level that would not be sustainable without modern agricultural methods and technologies. In other words, without massive-scale farming, the Earth would be experiencing famine on a global scale. Combine that with the invention of medical technology and techniques that have greatly increased the average human's lifespan, and boom--population explosion.

I definitely think we are headed towards a zombie apocalypse or some sort of "The Happening" type event, as the planet will eventually "correct" the human overpopulation.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I definitely think we are headed towards a zombie apocalypse or some sort of "The Happening" type event, as the planet will eventually "correct" the human overpopulation.
    You've been watching too many movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    The industrial revolution. Namely agriculture and medicine. The planet long ago reached a population level that would not be sustainable without modern agricultural methods and technologies. In other words, without massive-scale farming, the Earth would be experiencing famine on a global scale. Combine that with the invention of medical technology and techniques that have greatly increased the average human's lifespan...clip......
    And yet, because of greed:
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    By 2030, sixty million?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    And yet, because of greed:
    I should add;
    and yet, because of a lack of family planning.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I should add;
    and yet, because of a lack of family planning.
    They should put the following label on all foods:

"STOP HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX IF YOU LIKE ME"
    7 Billion People means we need 1 billion more before the Borg assimilate...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com