Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    But with friends that have a removeable battery... I NEVER see anyone with spare batteries.
    Yeah, I have only used a spare battery with a device once (the original blackjack) it it was always a pain making sure both batteries were charged and caring around the spare that I have never done that again since, so its never been a big deal to me if the iPhone had a non removable battery, even with my pre plus that had horrible battery life, I never carried a spare, just didn't want to deal with it.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
  2. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

    This is why I was dancing in the streets when Palm decided to make removable batteries!
    I have a Pre minus and the battery life sucks. It has a removable battery and i've only removed it like 6 times. Once to give a code underneath when i ported the number and 5 times when webos crashed. Plus i only own one battery. I'm not gonna carry a bunch of batteries around.

    Removable batteries are overrated and not an issue I worry about with a phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Dear Apple, Please Make My iPhone 4S Battery Life Suck Less
    Erick Schonfeld
    here ya go Erick
    Apple Seeds iOS 5.0.1 to Developers, Fixes iPhone 4S Battery Issues and Adds New Multitouch Gestures to Original iPad
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  3.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    I have a Pre minus and the battery life sucks. It has a removable battery and i've only removed it like 6 times. Once to give a code underneath when i ported the number and 5 times when webos crashed. Plus i only own one battery. I'm not gonna carry a bunch of batteries around.

    Removable batteries are overrated and not an issue I worry about with a phone.



    here ya go Erick
    Apple Seeds iOS 5.0.1 to Developers, Fixes iPhone 4S Battery Issues and Adds New Multitouch Gestures to Original iPad
    Hi all,

    I have/had a spare battery for every smartphone I ever owned with the exception of the Original Treo which as I said before didn't have a removable battery...in fact everyone I know who has a smartphone with the exception of the iPhone all have extra batteries....my iPhone friends have to lug around extra gadgets to keep theirs charged...

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  4. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

    I have/had a spare battery for every smartphone I ever owned with the exception of the Original Treo which as I said before didn't have a removable battery...in fact everyone I know who has a smartphone with the exception of the iPhone all have extra batteries....my iPhone friends have to lug around extra gadgets to keep theirs charged...

    Take care,

    Jay
    i'm happy for you man. But i couldn't tell you what kind of phone my friends have. I don't know and i don't care. I'm more about myself. And i can't remember one single time where i've been out at a bar or at work or at dinner and seen someone swap out a spare battery. you and your friends all have spare batteries. Ok. But i'm not seeing it. I think you and your friends are the exception not the rule. bet if you could poll all phone buyers a huge majority only own one battery.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  5. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i personally dont get the removeable battery issue anymore. most phones last a full day which is fine. and i personally, friend with removeable batteries... I NEVER see anyone with spare batteries. NEVER.

    ...

    But with friends that have a removeable battery... I NEVER see anyone with spare batteries.
    With my Pre Plus I have 3 extra batteries that I bought for cheap. I swap them in and out occasionally.
  6. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

    I's not that I'm not a fan of WebOS...I had a 2 year contract on my Centro...by the time my contract ended..the Pre2 was out, but I wanted the Pre3..who knew it would all blow up in our faces...

    As for Jobs he was a genus but like many brilliant people. he let his own ego get in the way!

    Take care,

    Jay
    PS MY hope is that webOS will be purchased by someone soon...I just got an Android phone. but if webOS brings out a phone in that time I might switch if it comes to Sprint....if not I would switch after my 2 years are up... Jay
    Out of curiosity , which phone you switched to ? does that have a removable battery and a physical keyboard ? :-)
  7.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Out of curiosity , which phone you switched to ? does that have a removable battery and a physical keyboard ? :-)
    Hi all,

    I ended up going to the dark side and got a Samsung Epic on Sprint...the phone has an actual keyboard...I can't type on glass it hurts my arthritis...I like the phone, the screen is amazing...however it's not the Pre3....I thought long and hard about getting a Pre 3 by bothering friends in Europe to mail me one....however then there is a lack of support and and a lack of Apps....

    My hope is HP at long last sells webOS and someone pumps a great deal of $ into it...by that time my 1 year and 11 months will be up on my Epic...

    BTW Android is OK...it's not nearly as intuitive as my friends TouchPad though....

    Take care,

    Jay
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 11/03/2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i'm happy for you man. But i couldn't tell you what kind of phone my friends have. I don't know and i don't care. I'm more about myself. And i can't remember one single time where i've been out at a bar or at work or at dinner and seen someone swap out a spare battery. you and your friends all have spare batteries. Ok. But i'm not seeing it. I think you and your friends are the exception not the rule. bet if you could poll all phone buyers a huge majority only own one battery.
    Hello,
    Count me in that exception. And add few that i know of to that list. When Hurricane Irene knocked the power for three days. The extra battery saved me.

    I know that 99% of the folks do not carry a second battery. And I know that phone chargers can be found everywhere from cars, office, home, Starbucks to airports.Hence you can argue that second battery is not needed. But think about the situation where your battery is broke in the middle of power outage. You have to take it to the Apple store or send it to Apple and patiently wait for them to send it back.

    I find it funny that folks are willing to buy all these gadgets to charge their phone but not a battery :-).
  9.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Hello,
    Count me in that exception. And add few that i know of to that list. When Hurricane Irene knocked the power for three days. The extra battery saved me.

    I know that 99% of the folks do not carry a second battery. And I know that phone chargers can be found everywhere from cars, office, home, Starbucks to airports.Hence you can argue that second battery is not needed. But think about the situation where your battery is broke in the middle of power outage. You have to take it to the Apple store or send it to Apple and patiently wait for them to send it back.

    I find it funny that folks are willing to buy all these gadgets to charge their phone but not a battery :-).
    Hi all,

    I agree with you...I live in Sunny Florida where we get more lightning strikes in the world. That also means more downed trees and unlike where I lived in New York City our wires are over head here...so we have lots of blackouts. Not to mention more hurricanes than anywhere in the nation....extra batteries for EVERYTHING are a must...as are a months extra supply of all of our Rx's, gallons & gallons of extra water. I keep at least 2 charged cell batteries at all times.

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  10. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

    Listen to yourself....you have to buy a special case that has an extended battery...only b/c Jobs was arrogant...he only wanted to sell what HE wanted in a smartphone....all this does is make you buy a more expensive case or other crap to schlepp along with you....all so that he could have a 1-2 micron thinner phone that needs to have APPLE employees change the battery so that he can make extra money....

    It's Henry Ford all over again, l when he arrogantly said you can have his Model T in any color that you want as long as it's black.....

    Thank you Mr. Jobs I can think for myself....after a few years of selling only slab phones he finally came up with a reason not to have a keyboard...b/c the keypad switches brake...This is my 5 smartphone in approx 12 years.... I've NEVER had a problem with the keyboard or a particular key switch....just another case of Jobs sold what his version of a smartphone for HIS needs not everyone else's or he would offer several models at the same time..

    Take care,

    Jay
    Okay and with my Pre and my Android phone, I had to carry around spare batteries to get through the day, so what is the difference?

    If the iPhone doesn't work for you, the simple solution is to not buy and use one.

    However, it works great for me and while this one needs a fix, they usually have great battery. Apple is also working on that fix, already.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11. #32  
    Did Steve Jobs really say they don't use physical keyboards because "the switches break" or is this just more creative writing?

    I always thought they pioneered the software keyboard to allow for more screen real estate and to enable context-sensitive controls.
  12. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Did Steve Jobs really say they don't use physical keyboards because "the switches break" or is this just more creative writing?

    I always thought they pioneered the software keyboard to allow for more screen real estate and to enable context-sensitive controls.
    More creativity!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Hello,
    Count me in that exception. And add few that i know of to that list. When Hurricane Irene knocked the power for three days. The extra battery saved me.

    I know that 99% of the folks do not carry a second battery. And I know that phone chargers can be found everywhere from cars, office, home, Starbucks to airports.Hence you can argue that second battery is not needed. But think about the situation where your battery is broke in the middle of power outage. You have to take it to the Apple store or send it to Apple and patiently wait for them to send it back.

    I find it funny that folks are willing to buy all these gadgets to charge their phone but not a battery :-).
    There is no list. He's an exception. You're an exception. I'm sure there are thousands more. It's just a general statement of where i think the majority of the market is. And that is more concerned with battery life then battery removability.

    I'm glad you had a use for your spare in a blackout. i didn't say there is no usefulness to owning a second battery. I merely made he point that for most people it's not an issue as they only carry one. And thus it not being able to remove that battery is not a big concern when they are deciding to buy a phone and when they use a phone on a daily basis.

    I think people don't buy a second battery because it's duplicitous. I'm not sure what accessories your talking about but i'm not out buying many of the same accessory. I don't have like three bose sounddocks and stuff. Hell i got no accessories for my pre. not even a touchstone. I think for most people buying a battery is duplicitous. They already have a battery. They don't NEED a second. I know a guy that has a second car battery in case his dies. But he is the exception. Most people merely have one, and if they run out of juice, they ask for a jump, call roadside assistance, and just deal with the time spent recharging the thing. They could buy a second battery as a spare but it's not a needed expense. a phone battery is the same for me. just not needed. Or at least not something i should need most of the time.

    If there is a power outage. And i'm in such an emergency that i must have a phone right then. I'm not going to an Apple store. I'll just scream for help. I've been in an Apple store. They strike me as the sort that would faint at the site of blood.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  14. #35  
    Available OTA. Pretty cool... only took 10 minutes start to finish on my 4s and ipad2

    Apple releases iOS 5.0.1, fixes bugs plaguing battery life and document syncing -- Engadget
    Last edited by donm527; 11/10/2011 at 01:29 PM.
    verwon likes this.
  15. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Okay and with my Pre and my Android phone, I had to carry around spare batteries to get through the day, so what is the difference?
    Seriously?...The difference has already been explained. Funny how that Evo you used to own could seemingly do no wrong. So we'll probably only know what you really think about your current iphone until after you've moved on again past that.

    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    If the iPhone doesn't work for you, the simple solution is to not buy and use one.
    Thanks for your super astute observation.
  16. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Seriously?...The difference has already been explained. Funny how that Evo you used to own could seemingly do no wrong. So we'll probably only know what you really think about your current iphone until after you've moved on again past that.



    Thanks for your super astute observation.
    No, my Evo was good for the first few months. Then the Sprint and Android updates screwed it up. Neither restores, nor rooting and custom ROMs fixed it. Then, the charging port died, for no reason.

    And I won't be moving on from iPhones, it's the phone I've wanted for years, I just had to wait for Sprint to get it.

    I actually find the battery case easier than carrying multiple batteries, I don't have to yank my phone apart to get more juice.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions