Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By residentcomedian
  • 1 Post By residentcomedian
  1.    #1  
    From Steve Jobs' Biography: "I'm going to destroy Android" - Mac Rumors

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs said. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."
    That's.. well, Steve Jobs for you.

Just goes to show that there are many facets to a personality; no one is all good or all bad.

Not really surprised, to be honest.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Google beat him to it.
    Apple, and their profits, will miss that passion and dedication. And I'm not at all surprised to read that either, I think that sort of attitude was SOP for Jobs and key to his success.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    From Steve Jobs' Biography: "I'm going to destroy Android" - Mac Rumors

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs said. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."
    Well, that didn't happen.
    How do you guys think he'd do it if he hadn't died?

I'm not sure he could of done anything to stop android.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Ultimately, I think he'd come to realize, if he hadn't already, that android is good for iOS. Like Windows, the android business model and market share makes an easy target for ne'er-do-wells. It will continue to act as an irresistible distraction between iOS and the bad guys.
    I would imagine it would be some sort of patent warfare, possibly in conjunction with Microsoft (who is already collecting royalties from half of all Android devices).
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Anyone thinking "thermonuclear war" is a proper way to express oneself publicly, should probably reconsider.

Wasting Apple billions on a patent vendetta when mothers leave their kids dying along the road in order to save their other children is just despicable.

Then again, I wouldn't at all be surprised if dear old Steve died of AIDS and a few Apple millions were spent to sweep any rumors under the rug as thoroughly as possible.

People like that should develop new devices and shut the **** up about anything else.
    Best post I've ever read on this forum.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Wasting Apple billions on a patent vendetta when mothers leave their kids dying along the road in order to save their other children is just despicable.
    Kinda allows us to peer into just what things he considered important.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Best post I've ever read on this forum.
    Then you are freaking selective on what you read her. Sheesh, that's lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Then you are freaking selective on what you read her. Sheesh, that's lame.
    Then why don't you think about it?

These mega-rich millionaires and billionaires (including celebrities, sports stars and politicians) live in their very own selfish world, oblivious to people's REAL daily problems and personal tragedies.

Yes, there are some that anonymously try to help (some not so anonymously), but the majority of these ultra-rich overgrown kids don't give a damn about anyone or anything besides their own bank account.

So, I'll say it again; that was the best post I've ever read on this forum... and I've been reading it since '09, back when GFN was tomi666.

You tech-heads really need to see the real hell the outside world really is. Get off the couch.
    Last edited by residentcomedian; 10/23/2011 at 10:31 PM.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Then why don't you think about it?

These mega-rich millionaires and billionaires (including celebrities, sports stars and politicians) live in their very own selfish world, oblivious to people's REAL daily problems and personal tragedies.

Yes, there are some that anonymously try to help (some not so anonymously), but the majority of these ultra-rich overgrown kids don't give a damn about anyone or anything besides their own bank account.

So, I'll say it again; that was the best post I've ever read on this forum... and I've been reading it since '09, back when GFN was tomi666.

You tech-heads really need to see the real hell the outside world really is. Get off the couch.
    We'd rather spend hours arguing who has the better gadget, and get into flame wars whenever someone says something bad about our electronic device.

Fortunately, Jobs knew this about us and technology.
    Just call me Berd.