• 1 Post By rsanchez1
  • 1 Post By residentcomedian
  • 1 Post By BobKy
  • 1 Post By residentcomedian
  • 1 Post By SmartFah
  • 1 Post By sinsin07
  • 1 Post By Premium1
  1.    #1  
    Not specifically Android-wise, but 'being a major part of our lives' -wise.

Will another company ever replace them?
    And when.
    Yeah, if you just stop using Google. I think the only major thing I use Google for anymore is email.
    elpollodiablo1 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Yeah, if you just stop using Google. I think the only major thing I use Google for anymore is email.
    That sounds more like Yahoo's situation.
    Premium1 likes this.
    Yes, Yahoo once ruled the Web, and now it's Google;eventually, someone will come along and dethrone them. Too bad it won't be HP...
    chalx likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Yes, Yahoo once ruled the Web, and now it's Google;eventually, someone will come along and dethrone them. Too bad it won't be HP...
    You mean Aol
  6.    #6  
    As important as they were to us in the past, Yahoo! and AOL never had the literal intertwined integration with our lives that Google bathes itself in. Sorry for the visual.

Everything from being able to see the front door of any address you can think of, to choosing your own phone number, and it goes on and on and on....
    Last edited by residentcomedian; 10/13/2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Premium1 likes this.
    Will Skynet, uh, I mean Google ever be dethroned??? I don't know, but it's only a matter of time until Google becomes self aware & turns against humanity. The war is coming folks, get ready!

sinsin07 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    You mean Aol
    Yes, how fast we forget
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Will Skynet, uh, I mean Google ever be dethroned??? I don't know, but it's only a matter of time until Google becomes self aware & turns against humanity. The war is coming folks, get ready!
    Brilliant. LMAO.
    SmartFah likes this.
    yes. china if i recall correctly doesnt even allow google t o run there... they have their own called baidu.com
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    I am sure eventually they will, just like how apple will be. No company every stays on top forever I mean look at myspace a few years ago they were the social site, now pretty much nobody uses it and uses others such as facebook, g+ etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    yes. china if i recall correctly doesnt even allow google t o run there... they have their own called baidu.com
    I think it runs there, but China has strict standards of what is and isn't allowed in the searches.
    Google is a large company, but they are a quick and nimble company. The problem with most large companies is that they become stagnant and rest on their laurels, so to speak, and are not able to keep up with the marketplace when it shifts. I don't see that being a problem with Google. They are still very innovative and in fact are responsible for some of the shifting to begin with. So no, I don't see Google going away any time soon. Personally I'm a fan of Google, so I don't see what the big deal is anyway. No need to hate on a company just because they have become successful.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Google is a large company, but they are a quick and nimble company. The problem with most large companies is that they become stagnant and rest on their laurels, so to speak, and are not able to keep up with the marketplace when it shifts. I don't see that being a problem with Google. They are still very innovative and in fact are responsible for some of the shifting to begin with. So no, I don't see Google going away any time soon. Personally I'm a fan of Google, so I don't see what the big deal is anyway. No need to hate on a company just because they have become successful.
    I agree Google seems to continually be updating and trying to make what they have the best possible. I am sure one day something will come along and may dethrone them but can't see that happening anytime soon unless they go down the RIM path.
    Syndil likes this.