Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    "Although the iPhone 4S launch was a disappointment to some Apple fans -- because it wasn't the iPhone 5 -- that doesn't seem to be hurting sales. On Monday, the company announced that its first day of pre-orders exceeded 1 million and smashed the record set by the previous model, the iPhone 4."

NewsFactor Network | iPhone 4S Sets Sales Record for Apple
    sinsin07 likes this.
    The mark of the beast? It's an Apple logo.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Anyone know why this was moved from "other handhelds" to "off topic?" The iphone 4s is an "other handheld" after all.

Regardless. I'm not surprised. There were reports of unprecedented interest in the keynote and though many seemed diappointed in the lack of a redesign and a 4 inch screen i think they got almost everything else that was expected from a hardware standpoint. Add to that that there are a ton of people that are due for an upgrade cause they are only on an iphone 3, people on Verizon that held out in March waiting for a new June version that never came, and all the People on Sprint where it's a new device on the network. For those reasons i'm not surprised that though not all of what people wanted it still sell well.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    The mark of the beast? It's an Apple logo.
    Yes the beast that devoured webos LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    Anyone know why this was moved from "other handhelds" to "off topic?" The iphone 4s is an "other handheld" after all.
    In the "Other Handhelds" forum you need to be comparing other handhelds to a webos device. Kind of pointless at this juncture, but there it is.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 10/10/2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Ummm ... The reason may, possibly, maybe, has something to do w its availability on sprint as well... Which may have made up for the otherwise lack of redesign.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post

In the "Other Handhelds" forum you need to be comparing other handhelds to a webos device. Kind of pointless at this juncture, but there it is.
    i see. I didn't know that rule. That said by that rule almost every thread in other handhelds and other tablets needs to be moved to off topic then.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    I'm not really surprised either. What tech pundits what and what normal people want are two totally different things.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    I'm starting to ignore these mods now when they move stuff. It's like they get so serious. I used to be a mod for a big forum before and I can ony say I was wasting my time moving threads from place to place. Now if I was getting a salary, I wouldn't mind but that's the problem. These mods are older people and take it so serious. It's OFF-TOPIC here so it counts. I have always considered the Ios to look the same as webos, I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post

sinsin07 likes this.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I'm not really surprised either. What tech pundits what and what normal people want are two totally different things.
    tech pundits/forum addicts: Where's the SD card? ?? Why can't I use it as a UBS drive? Where is the super-nudge ram wheel?

Consumers: We'll take a million please.

As for the lack of the re-design - makes perfect economic sense, that design is well understand, the costs of producting are decreasing, so if you can get consumers to carry on buying it in the truckload, why change until you have to?

Quote Originally Posted by nappy
    What are we all going to be discussing in six months? "Gee my touchpad, it's the same as yesterday" or maybe "listen here son, I remember when this app catalog was filled with petite futé apps as far as the eye could see!"

I guess we could take bets on when we will get the "Great news chums, pre-central is going to become a sub-forum at Android central" message.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Ummm ... The reason may, possibly, maybe, has something to do w its availability on sprint as well... Which may have made up for the otherwise lack of redesign.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    webOS can be (or could be) found on Sprint, Verizon and AT&T yet it never saw these numbers.

My point is: availability doesn't equal sales.
    sinsin07 and SnotBoogie like this.
    Yeah. How many of these sold 1 mil of a particular model in one day LOL:

Android Handsets: The choice is yours LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    webOS can be (or could be) found on Sprint, Verizon and AT&T yet it never saw these numbers.

My point is: availability doesn't equal sales.
    I never compared it ti webos..

I'm saying take sprint out of the picture & it probably wouldn't have broken last years numbers .. I don't think it would have matched it even..

Lets stay on topic... Sheeesh

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Reviews are out:

iPhone 4S review | This is my next...
    iPhone 4S review: It's a sure thing Review | Phones | Macworld
    http://allthingsd.com/20111011/the-i...nds-its-voice/
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/12/te...gic-pogue.html
    http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/11/iphone-4s-review/

I never compared it ti webos..

I'm saying take sprint out of the picture & it probably wouldn't have broken last years numbers .. I don't think it would have matched it even..

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    The preorders alone broke AT&T's (who has sold every iPhone) sales record...
    Last edited by nappy; 10/11/2011 at 08:31 PM.
    One more thing that (surprisingly) hasn't been promoted:

But there’s a new wrinkle that potentially makes the international-roaming experience better on Sprint and Verizon iPhones than it is on AT&T. Sprint plans to sell the iPhone 4S with its micro-SIM slot unlocked; Verizon’s will be initially locked, but if you’ve been a customer in good standing for 60 days, you can call Verizon and ask for an “international unlock.” (A Verizon spokesperson told me that this is Verizon’s standard policy for all world phones—it’s just the first time it’s manifested itself on an iPhone.)
    Sprint has always been a great choice for international users.

BTW Siri on the iPhone 4S... is badass. Not enough to make me want to install the virus that is iTunes on my computer, but still quite envious.

Touchscreens are a fad.
    Luckily, iOS 5 doesn't require iTunes at all anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    One more thing that (surprisingly) hasn't been promoted:

But there’s a new wrinkle that potentially makes the international-roaming experience better on Sprint and Verizon iPhones than it is on AT&T. Sprint plans to sell the iPhone 4S with its micro-SIM slot unlocked; Verizon’s will be initially locked, but if you’ve been a customer in good standing for 60 days, you can call Verizon and ask for an “international unlock.” (A Verizon spokesperson told me that this is Verizon’s standard policy for all world phones—it’s just the first time it’s manifested itself on an iPhone.)
    So does this mean that if someone bought an iPhone 4s from Sprint that technically, it would also work on AT&T and T-Mobile as well?
    But we're in "off topic" lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Something else that's interesting is we blamed bad commercials and marketing for soft pre sales, touchpad sales etc. yet we see that here, there have been no commercials or marketing yet it's already selling well. We blamed Best Buy sales reps for veer or touchpad sales, yet it will be the same know little Best Buy guys working and i highly doubt you'll see anybody flooding Tipb forums claiming they got talked out of it a 4S or didn't buy it cause the rep didn't demo it properly. We could blame commercials, marketing or sales reps but they really don't matter if people truly want you product. I've never told a BB sales rep anything but, "I'm fine thank go away."
    sinsin07 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    So does this mean that if someone bought an iPhone 4s from Sprint that technically, it would also work on AT&T and T-Mobile as well?
    Probably not... just because the Sprint iPhone 4S is unlocked for global roaming doesn't mean it will work on domestic GSM networks.
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    But we're in "off topic" lol.

Something else that's interesting is we blamed bad commercials and marketing for soft pre sales, touchpad sales etc. yet we see that here, there have been no commercials or marketing yet it's already selling well. We blamed Best Buy sales reps for veer or touchpad sales, yet it will be the same know little Best Buy guys working and i highly doubt you'll see anybody flooding Tipb forums claiming they got talked out of it a 4S or didn't buy it cause the rep didn't demo it properly. We could blame commercials, marketing or sales reps but they really don't matter if people truly want you product. I've never told a BB sales rep anything but, "I'm fine thank go away."
    And here in the UK, it had point of sale displays, TV adverts and press adverts to little or no impact across the life of webOS. Maybe when most people don't want a vertical slider, the answer is not "well here's another vertical slider".
    sinsin07 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast