Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    I really hate the idea of turning 27.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    That is a young age.

I'm passed 40 and always thought of myself to be young, until I started to take my kids to school, and seeing all the other school kids there I realise how old I was. See myself saying classics like "in my day" ;-)

Ah to be young again but know what I know now. :-)
    Please, develop: what do you hate about turning 27 ? And what do you call "ugly" ? "Ugly" in a world where people tends to lift their skin and try to have their face as smooth as possible ? Not to mention this strange will to be the skinniest of all ? You can't really be ugly anymore with so much concurence these days :P
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    Haven't been a guy since i was 18, jerk.
    LOL

First a post asking if 5'9" is too tall, then this post... You need someone to talk to?

FWIW, your profile picture is not ugly, so assuming that is in fact your picture, you are not ugly, not even "kinda".
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    FWIW, your profile picture is not ugly, so assuming that is in fact your picture, you are not ugly, not even "kinda".
    I was thinking that too.
    dept27 likes this.
    It's interesting how life works.

We get older - which displays itself with our bodies breaking down.

But we get wiser, and should become better people.

So, our only choice is to develop the inner person. If we focus too much on the outer, we'll just grow old and ugly.

Just imagine having the energy and health of youth, and the wisdom and maturity of age.
    Just call me Berd.
    I usually don't reply to these types of threads, but, to the OP:

Every single day that you wake up is a good day, and not to be taken for granted, trust me.

If your worst issues are that you are getting older, then I wish you a full life time of them.. and I know quite a few people with significant, life shortneing disabilities and even terminal diseases that would be quite envious of you.

Remember, life is what YOU make of it, nothing more, or less.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I usually don't reply to these types of threads, but, to the OP:

Every single day that you wake up is a good day, and not to be taken for granted, trust me.

If your worst issues are that you are getting older, then I wish you a full life time of them.. and I know quite a few people with significant, life shortneing disabilities and even terminal diseases that would be quite envious of you.

Remember, life is what YOU make of it, nothing more, or less.

I told my ex-girlfriend (whom i'm not supposed to be speaking to anymore ) how depressed i was to turn forty, and she said something that i think about now everytime i get down about it:
    "Why aren't you grateful that you made it this far?" And that really helped me.

We're now seeing each other every other day.... nah, just kidding.
    LCGuy likes this.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    27 was actually a great age for me. Old enough and smart enough (barely) to enjoy much of what life has to offer and still young enough that nobody expected anything big from me.

Come to think of it, 27-29 was really great! That was the high point of my life.

It's basically been all downhill from there...

...and in all likelihood, it will keep going downhill....

...crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Forget it
    Too late and no!!! I have an ego!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Welcome, lady.
    Just call me Berd.
    verwon likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    LOL

First a post asking if 5'9" is too tall, then this post... You need someone to talk to?

had a really bad first date with a manlet (short man) the other day
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  13.    #13  
    Im heading out. ill check back later...

oh and i just checked my bank account. hp.com billed me for 2 more hp touchpads
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I really hate the idea of turning 27.
    I'm soon to be 56...I've learned you can't do anything about growing older so just accept it and move on....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    had a really bad first date with a manlet (short man) the other day
    Don't let him get you down. It's his loss really.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Don't fret about turning 27 and the bad date you had tonight. Yes, you might feel bad about something or other from tonight's experience but this, too, will pass.

oh and i just checked my bank account. hp.com billed me for 2 more hp touchpads
    See, it's already getting better! You've got two 'Christmas presents' on the way!
    Last edited by jblather; 10/01/2011 at 12:45 AM.
    HI,

After a bad date is never a good time to re-evaluate yourself...give yourself time and give yourself a break...

I dated for a very, very long time...I was 48 when I met the woman of my dreams....

So just keep trying and be yourself.....don't change who and what you are...your distinctive and different.....celebrate your uniqueness.

I spent my entire life being different....working in a more off beat field than everyone else....partaking in activities my friends were appalled at....

The most important thing is to be proud of who you are and like who you are.

Being single and unattached didn't stop me from doing what I wanted to do...I traveled extensively many times to obscure places and I never put off what I wanted to do...because I hadn't met the right woman...I was never uncomfortable being alone, b/c I like the person I am...I wanted to go out to dinner and if it was alone, that was fine...the same about movies, Broadway shows.....

Don't be so hard on yourself....there's nothing wrong with being unconventionable...

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI,

After a bad date is never a good time to re-evaluate yourself...give yourself time and give yourself a break...

I dated for a very, very long time...I was 48 when I met the woman of my dreams....

So just keep trying and be yourself.....don't change who and what you are...your distinctive and different.....celebrate your uniqueness.

I spent my entire life being different....working in a more off beat field than everyone else....partaking in activities my friends were appalled at....

The most important thing is to be proud of who you are and like who you are.

Being single and unattached didn't stop me from doing what I wanted to do...I traveled extensively many times to obscure places and I never put off what I wanted to do...because I hadn't met the right woman...I was never uncomfortable being alone, b/c I like the person I am...I wanted to go out to dinner and if it was alone, that was fine...the same about movies, Broadway shows.....

Don't be so hard on yourself....there's nothing wrong with being unconventionable...

take care,

Jay
    im baaaaaaaaaaack
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    well, you shouldnt.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm getting better with age{Like wine.} My futures so bright, I gotta wear shades. Que music.
    best birthday wishes! Enjoy your touchpads. Ciaoooo
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

HelloNNNewman likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast